Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft] One Drive Users Free O365 Personal+1 TB Storage For 1 Year - Targeted

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2016 2:01 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 18, 2014
46 posts
50 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Microsoft] One Drive Users Free O365 Personal+1 TB Storage For 1 Year - Targeted

Expiry:
August 15, 2016
I just logged into OneDrive and when I clicked on 'Get More Storage' at the bottom left hand side, there was an offer to get Office 365 Personal free for one year. I currently only have the 15 GB that comes with OneDrive, plus 100 GB free for 2 years that I got with my Samsung phone and have never bought an O365 subscription before. Sounds like a targeted deal from reading the 'See Offer Terms' (below), but it doesn't hurt to log in and see if you have it since I never got an email from them letting me know that I was eligible. You can just sign up for free, then cancel subscription if you don't want to keep it.

Office 365 Personal special offer terms from: https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... n-US&ad=US
Applies To: OneDrive
Offer valid for a free one year subscription of Office 365 Personal. Must redeem by August 15th, 2016. Payment instrument required and will be automatically charged the then-current subscription price after one year unless you cancel your subscription at www.office.com/myaccount. Valid only if you are an original recipient of this offer; are a OneDrive free plan subscriber without an existing paid OneDrive, Office 365 or Groove Music subscription, have over 5 GB of content stored on OneDrive and are not already using more than your storage allotment as of January 15th, 2016. Offer must be redeemed via the Microsoft Store online. Limit of one per person/Microsoft account; must use the account associated with your OneDrive subscription. May not be redeemed by or transferred to another customer, or combined with other offers. Violation of these terms may result in cancellation of your Office 365 subscription. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; may not be redeemed for cash or gift cards. Offer not valid in Japan, China, Hong Kong and countries where Office 365 Personal and/or OneDrive is not available. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue the offer at any time.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3377 posts
5061 upvotes
Langley, BC
You have to enter credit card for automatic payment when the free part ends... no thanks.
Jan 7, 2007
194 posts
26 upvotes
Surrey
steven80 wrote: You have to enter credit card for automatic payment when the free part ends... no thanks.
Was just going to say, be careful due to auto renewal. It's worth it if you really need the space but have to also consider that once the 1 year is over you lose that space and will have to move your data somewhere else. Not ideal if you actually use a considerable amount of the space.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1755 posts
1171 upvotes
Calgary
You can turn off auto renew right after signing up
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2006
5202 posts
442 upvotes
Why not just renew.. Fairly cheap and u get full office suite
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3377 posts
5061 upvotes
Langley, BC
I have 2x office 2016 from work that i havent installed.. no use to me.

and i use google photos :P