Hot Deals

[Microsoft] Ori and the Blind Forest (Definitive) - $4.99 (MS Store digital)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2021 1:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1185 posts
109 upvotes

[Microsoft] Ori and the Blind Forest (Definitive) - $4.99 (MS Store digital)

First post in a while, apologies if this isn't a valid deal or I'm not following proper convention. I know it's an old game and also that it's on Game Pass. However, I think this is the lowest it's been in a while, and I don't believe it's been included as a "Games with Gold".

There's also a number of other games on Sale:
- Ori and the Blind Forest
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 5th, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
34 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3563 posts
3566 upvotes
Alberta
This and the sequel are two of the best Metroidvania games I've ever played. Finished both 100%
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1048 posts
330 upvotes
Victoria
Lush78 wrote: This and the sequel are two of the best Metroidvania games I've ever played. Finished both 100%
Oh... Ori and the Will of the Wisps sequel. I did not know this existed. I'd probably like to play it, but I'm still a bit bitter that after purchasing Ori and the Blind Forest that they came out with the same game labeled "Definitive Edition" with basically improvements to the game to what was described as "what the game should have been" and yet wanted you to re-buy the new version...

Anyway, Will of the Wisps added to my watch list to watch for a sale. Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1185 posts
109 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: Oh... Ori and the Will of the Wisps sequel. I did not know this existed. I'd probably like to play it, but I'm still a bit bitter that after purchasing Ori and the Blind Forest that they came out with the same game labeled "Definitive Edition" with basically improvements to the game to what was described as "what the game should have been" and yet wanted you to re-buy the new version...

Anyway, Will of the Wisps added to my watch list to watch for a sale. Thanks.
Will of the Wisps is also on sale - 50% off (from $40 to $20), which is a decent deal. But given my backlog I'm going to hold off. However, for those without GamePass, it's probably a safe bet that it won't show up on Games with Gold for at least a few years, given the history behind Blind Forest.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1564 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
i wish the switch version can get this low in price :(
I rarely turn on my laptop these days...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3563 posts
3566 upvotes
Alberta
They are also both included with game pass.
Jan 31, 2008
287 posts
203 upvotes
Etobicoke (Toronto),…
Lush78 wrote: They are also both included with game pass.
You can't beat $5 to actually OWN something.
Nov 10, 2019
170 posts
128 upvotes
One of the best games I've played. Worth!

How long is gameplay for sequel? I remember the original one I felt was too short, I craved for more
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8106 posts
4743 upvotes
Toronto
kimchibowl wrote: One of the best games I've played. Worth!

How long is gameplay for sequel? I remember the original one I felt was too short, I craved for more
Not much longer probably took me about 10-12 hours to 100% but it's a far better game overall
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2693 posts
833 upvotes
EVIL-C wrote: You can't beat $5 to actually OWN something.
Though you don't ACTUALLY own it when it's digital, so far Microsoft has a pretty good track record of letting you "keep" access to things you purchase.

Plus, $5 is cheaper than one month of Gamepass for those who don't have it!
Sep 5, 2006
645 posts
458 upvotes
Calgary
I'll also say that it's well worth this price even if you're on the fence with most metroidvania games. Art style, exceptionally fluid / responsive control, and overall polish are second to none. I might have enjoyed Shovel Knight more, but I feel like that game is more geared toward the retro / pixel art crowd. Ori is much more approachable to the general gamer population.
Jan 31, 2008
287 posts
203 upvotes
Etobicoke (Toronto),…
dbdudley wrote: Though you don't ACTUALLY own it when it's digital, so far Microsoft has a pretty good track record of letting you "keep" access to things you purchase.

We use the term "own" in a colloquial sense. One doesn't keep Gamepass games. The underlying point was one isn't dependant on the game remaining in the GPU package in order to play it a year or two from now.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1305 posts
884 upvotes
Orleans, ON
This game is probably in my top 20 all-time. Absolutely loved it.

A few others in my top 20 (off the top of my head):
Breathe of the Wild
Portal 2
Super Mario World
God of War
Uncharted 2
Halo CE
Conker's
Forza (Hard to pick just one)
Forza Horizon (Hard to pick just one)
GTA 5
Last edited by Kevin8se7en on Jan 6th, 2021 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 1, 2010
478 posts
466 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote: This game is probably in my top 20 all-time. Absolutely loved it.

A few others in my top 20 (off the top of my head):
Breathe of the Wild
Portal 2
Super Mario World
God of War
Uncharted 2
Halo CE
Conker's
Forza (Hard to pick just one)
Forza Horizon (Hard to pick just one)
GTA 5
No Mass Effect? lol
Jan 1, 2010
478 posts
466 upvotes
This might be a dumb question but if I buy this do I activate it on Steam or something? Or is it tied to your Microsoft account?

I already have Steam, GOG and Battle.net. I don't want to add another launcher.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by ninja_warrior on Jan 6th, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2020
12 posts
22 upvotes
dbdudley wrote: Though you don't ACTUALLY own it when it's digital, so far Microsoft has a pretty good track record of letting you "keep" access to things you purchase.

As long as you keep purchasing their yearly subscription fee (and it's not a Forza game that will eventually be retired due to licensing.)
Sep 10, 2009
454 posts
260 upvotes
If you have some Microsoft Rewards points too you can redeem it for a $5 gift card and use it towards this. And especially now when there's a 10,000 rewards points quest for getting some achievements

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)