Hot Deals

[Microsoft] Ori and the Blind Forest (Definitive) - $4.99 (MS Store digital)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2021 1:52 pm
Mar 15, 2010
993 posts
1394 upvotes
Toronto
Never played this game but interested after reading up on it. Can anyone who has played it tell me if the easy mode helps with the escaping sequences? I am a slightly above average gamer (i game most days) but if something gets too hard like unfair hard, it turns me off cuz i know ill keep playing it till i beat it. But having a baby now i dont want to waste time if its unfairly hard. I heard it allows check points?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1187 posts
110 upvotes
For Xbox purchase, tied to your MS account and need to do anything special. But if you're buying for PC (which I'm 80% sure your question is around), I'm not sure. I haven't gone through that process. I assume there's an "app"/launcher for MS Games for Windows?
ninja_warrior wrote: This might be a dumb question but if I buy this do I activate it on Steam or something? Or is it tied to your Microsoft account?

I already have Steam, GOG and Battle.net. I don't want to add another launcher.

Thanks in advance.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1187 posts
110 upvotes
Looking at a review, it looks like the Definitive Edition has 3 game modes (Easy-Normal-Hard) and you can toggle between them in-game. Congrats on the baby!
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: Never played this game but interested after reading up on it. Can anyone who has played it tell me if the easy mode helps with the escaping sequences? I am a slightly above average gamer (i game most days) but if something gets too hard like unfair hard, it turns me off cuz i know ill keep playing it till i beat it. But having a baby now i dont want to waste time if its unfairly hard. I heard it allows check points?
Jan 1, 2010
479 posts
468 upvotes
Trigger wrote: For Xbox purchase, tied to your MS account and need to do anything special. But if you're buying for PC (which I'm 80% sure your question is around), I'm not sure. I haven't gone through that process. I assume there's an "app"/launcher for MS Games for Windows?
Yea, someone mentioned the PC version was $5,74. I wasn't sure if there was another launcher etc. If there is, I will just wait for it on Steam or GOG.

Great deal btw.

Thanks again.
Dec 7, 2017
32 posts
13 upvotes
Bought on PC. Was waiting for a sale for the Switch version but I don't think it'll ever be cheaper than $5.75 on the eShop.
Feb 21, 2008
284 posts
81 upvotes
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: Never played this game but interested after reading up on it. Can anyone who has played it tell me if the easy mode helps with the escaping sequences? I am a slightly above average gamer (i game most days) but if something gets too hard like unfair hard, it turns me off cuz i know ill keep playing it till i beat it. But having a baby now i dont want to waste time if its unfairly hard. I heard it allows check points?
Haven't played this game in a while, but from what I remember, the Escape sequences are pretty much the same regardless of difficulty -- if you are an above average gamer, you should be able to get them done in a few tries.

As for the checkpoint system, you must give up some of your Mana type energy to manually perform a checkpoint (the check point system becomes automatic in the sequel to this game).

Just try it -- at this price, it is an awesome game to experience -- I 100%'ed it twice.
Mar 15, 2010
993 posts
1394 upvotes
Toronto
Gitaroo wrote: Is this x enhanced?
Only the whisps one is i just checked. I am sure its still gonna look nice
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2700 posts
836 upvotes
department50 wrote: As long as you keep purchasing their yearly subscription fee (and it's not a Forza game that will eventually be retired due to licensing.)
That’s for the Games with Gold free games of the month. Anything you buy, you keep and don’t need an active subscription.
Jul 9, 2007
70 posts
47 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: Oh... Ori and the Will of the Wisps sequel. I did not know this existed. I'd probably like to play it, but I'm still a bit bitter that after purchasing Ori and the Blind Forest that they came out with the same game labeled "Definitive Edition" with basically improvements to the game to what was described as "what the game should have been" and yet wanted you to re-buy the new version...

Anyway, Will of the Wisps added to my watch list to watch for a sale. Thanks.
When the DE version came out, they offered a deal for existing owners to upgrade for $5. Sounds like you weren't aware of that.
Jul 31, 2020
731 posts
500 upvotes
They should really market these games more, they are terrific.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1306 posts
884 upvotes
Orleans, ON
ninja_warrior wrote: No Mass Effect? lol
I was never a huge huge RPG fan, so I never actually played them. I've warmed up slightly to RPGs over the years, so I may have to pay them a visit in the near future though.

Edit:
Apparently a 4K remaster is coming in 2021. Perfect.