• May 18th, 2021 2:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9888 posts
3632 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario

[Microsoft] Snowrunner - FREE on Xbox Game Pass

Snowrunner is now FREE for Gamepass subscribers on Xbox.

Was waiting to play it, as I loved Mudrunner.

*About 20gb download*

Enjoy)
Last edited by Andro on May 18th, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13318 posts
24562 upvotes
Free game , 3 thumbs down ……… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9888 posts
3632 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
stephroll wrote: Free game , 3 thumbs down ……… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its ok, no biggie. Just wanted to spread the news for people that didn't know
Aug 13, 2019
524 posts
805 upvotes
There should be a thumbs up and "Im a Sony fanboy therefore hate xbox and anything that comes to gamepass button" instead of downvote because that's all it is
Aug 13, 2019
524 posts
805 upvotes
Andro wrote: Its ok, no biggie. Just wanted to spread the news for people that didn't know
I'm in until 2024 for gamepass so these alerts are much appreciated!
Nov 12, 2014
311 posts
253 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Thank you Andro. I wanted to try this too!. Upvoted!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9888 posts
3632 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
icemannn123 wrote: Thank you Andro. I wanted to try this too!. Upvoted!
No problem. Wanted to try it too but was surprised retail price ranges between 50-70, i think mudrunner was cheaper when launched. It is a bigger game though, so maybe that is the reason. Either way, FREE is a great way to try if you have GPU subscription
Last edited by Andro on May 18th, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 3, 2015
791 posts
1606 upvotes
Toronto
FREE!*

*with paid subscription
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9888 posts
3632 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
TheMadMax wrote: FREE!*

*with paid subscription
Says Gamepass, Xbox in tittle. Also says
"Snowrunner is now FREE for Gamepass subscribers on Xbox." in description. How much more clearer can this be?

No gamepass no game.

If it said EB games in title, would you look for the game in Canadian tire?
Last edited by Andro on May 18th, 2021 8:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1336 posts
597 upvotes
KANATA
If your PC is decent, its a better experience on PC.
derpin
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9888 posts
3632 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Neocodex wrote: If your PC is decent, its a better experience on PC.
Better than series X? Or is there just more mods, etc?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5707 posts
2539 upvotes
Ottawa
It’s not free, just free to play,
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9888 posts
3632 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
sonyHdr12 wrote: It’s not free, just free to play,
Lol. That's how all games work on Gamepass. They stay there for quite some time though, so you have enough time to get your gaming on. You can always purchase it later at a discount if you like.

If you are an Xbox, Gamepass user, this should be clear. The thread is clearly aimed at Xbox, Gamepass, as indicated in title.

Nice try sonyHdr12 :facepalm:
Nov 6, 2013
627 posts
1936 upvotes
MONTREAL
Salty people here, thanks for the info, I'll install it tonight on my XsX.
Feb 10, 2014
42 posts
52 upvotes
NORTH YORK
so as couple of folks pointed out *Free* is misleading here! you mentioned Gamepass but how does that change the fact that *Free* has nothing to do with this service?! it a PAID service which grants you access to hundreds of games. They *ADD* more games as they keep *CHARGING* people. What is next? FREE movie on Netflix?? and then you would argue your post is not misleading cause you mentioned Netflix in title?! that is the essence of these rental subscriptions, is not it? new games/movies come to GamePass/Netflix because you PAY for your subscription lol
Honestly you should take it easier and don't come up with condescending arguments like "If it said EB games in title, would you look for the game in Canadian tire?"
A) This did not justify your title, he pointed out you PAY for GP
B) We are all friends here
C) That is how Trump would have dismissed facts, we should not! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 12, 2013
630 posts
571 upvotes
BC
This game is incredible, and grown so much since launch. My gameplay is measured in weeks, not hours and I am only 3/4 of the way through after dipping in and out for a year. It doesn't really fit any genres, as driving is only the means to an end. Exploration (fun), contracts, puzzling challenges and incredible views all await. Mods are apparently much better on PC, but I play without anyway (will replay with them at some point).

My young boys love sandbox mode, as who doesn't enjoy playing around in hulking trucks with 6ft tall tires and lots of axles.

"A Tribe Called Cars" has a great newcomers guide on YouTube, and lots of fun videos about the game.

Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8757 posts
1979 upvotes
Is Snowrunner more forgiving than Mudrunner? I've played Mudrunner but it can be really rough if you're playing solo... I played it a bit but got to a point where it felt it was nearly impossible by myself. I know it's designed more for multiplayer in mind but not all of us have friends to play online with.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9888 posts
3632 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
parsani wrote: so as couple of folks pointed out *Free* is misleading here! you mentioned Gamepass but how does that change the fact that *Free* has nothing to do with this service?! it a PAID service which grants you access to hundreds of games. They *ADD* more games as they keep *CHARGING* people. What is next? FREE movie on Netflix?? and then you would argue your post is not misleading cause you mentioned Netflix in title?! that is the essence of these rental subscriptions, is not it? new games/movies come to GamePass/Netflix because you PAY for your subscription lol
Honestly you should take it easier and don't come up with condescending arguments like "If it said EB games in title, would you look for the game in Canadian tire?"
A) This did not justify your title, he pointed out you PAY for GP
B) We are all friends here
C) That is how Trump would have dismissed facts, we should not! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We can argue till the cows come home.

Xbox and Gamepass are mentioned in the title. Also mentioned in the OP. If you have Gamepass, then the game is Free. End of arguments.

Please discuss game going forward, without trying to derail the thread. Thank you