Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] $15-$25 off select X-Box One Wireless Controllers - $39.99-$164.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 6:08 pm
[OP]
Sep 2, 2018
150 posts
99 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] $15-$25 off select X-Box One Wireless Controllers - $39.99-$164.99

Great price to pick up the wireless controller.

T&C
Offer valid from October 10, 2019 to October 18, 2019, while supplies last. Available only in Microsoft retail and online store in Canada. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or promo code(s). May not be combinable with other offers. Refunds will take into account the discount. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit of 3 per customer. Other exclusions and limits may apply

Black - $39.99
White -$39.99
Last edited by Matrix07 on Oct 10th, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
53 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2904 posts
1405 upvotes
Great for those who upgraded to iOS13 and tvOS as they support XBOX/PS Controllers now.
Dec 29, 2014
274 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is a good deal. It can also be used on Windows 8 if you use a microUSB cable to connect it to your PC.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1447 posts
4158 upvotes
Calgary, AB
5.3% cashback with Rakuten (Ebates).
Nov 26, 2016
64 posts
87 upvotes
Striker60 wrote: This is a good deal. It can also be used on Windows 8 if you use a microUSB cable to connect it to your PC.
New controller also support Bluetooth.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1447 posts
4158 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Matrix07 wrote: Does that apply on accessories ?
Yes

Source: From Rakuten
7.0% Cash Back on Movies and TV Shows
5.3% Cash Back on Xbox Consoles and Xbox Accessories
5.3% Cash Back on Surface Devices and Accessories
4.7% Cash Back on Xbox Games
3.3% Cash Back on Office (non-subscription)
1.3% Cash Back on Apps
1.3% Cash Back on PC Hardware
1.3% Cash Back on Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Live Gold
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3166 posts
3107 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
White one's the same price, but i think the black one looks nicer (and doesn't get as dirty as quickly).
Nov 4, 2009
262 posts
196 upvotes
Calgary
Has anyone had any luck getting it working with a PC using bluetooth? The built in bluetooth on both computers I tried was absolutely unplayable. Kept disconnecting or not registering button presses. I mean it works great while plugged in via USB, but it would be nice if there was an alternative to get it working wirelessly without having to buy the $30 adapter.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1834 posts
284 upvotes
North York
MTommy wrote: I have one already that I use with the wireless adapter. If I get another controller would I be able to use the same adapter or it needs a separate one?

TIA
Yes it supports up to 8 controllers.
May 20, 2009
18 posts
87 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Thanks OP; just what I've been looking for. Time to PM with Best Buy and use up the remaining balance of my GC!

Anyone know what Best Buy does with open box items during sales like this?
Last edited by chowhar on Oct 10th, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3260 posts
5483 upvotes
chaosthebomb wrote: Has anyone had any luck getting it working with a PC using bluetooth? The built in bluetooth on both computers I tried was absolutely unplayable. Kept disconnecting or not registering button presses. I mean it works great while plugged in via USB, but it would be nice if there was an alternative to get it working wirelessly without having to buy the $30 adapter.
My son has been using one for about a year to play Fortnite on the PC without any issue
Public Mobile customer
Sep 10, 2008
39 posts
27 upvotes
Yep - been using it successfully. Here's the trick - get a USB extension cable and get the BT adapter even 6 inches away from the PC. The radio interference present at the PC really knocks down the range. Moving the adapter a few inches away from the PC will triple your range.

I use these Amazon Basics ones.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16266 posts
17747 upvotes
Oakville
chaosthebomb wrote: Has anyone had any luck getting it working with a PC using bluetooth? The built in bluetooth on both computers I tried was absolutely unplayable. Kept disconnecting or not registering button presses. I mean it works great while plugged in via USB, but it would be nice if there was an alternative to get it working wirelessly without having to buy the $30 adapter.
I'm using this cheap BT adapter with no problems https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XTS21ZH
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8459 posts
5303 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm tempting price. I'm still happy with my wireless 360 controllers but I do also have Bluetooth and this might be nice to have in time for RDR2

What other improvements are there over the 360 pad? I remember not liking the feel of the shoulder buttons but that was a long time ago now
Dec 1, 2018
175 posts
206 upvotes
Microsoft is giving a 25$ off many Xbox one controller models. The usual black/white models are at 39.99$, but if you are, like me, interested in other colors, as of red or blue, it's available for similar discount (although the final price is 49.99, cuz the initial price is higher).
Sep 10, 2008
39 posts
27 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
What other improvements are there over the 360 pad? I remember not liking the feel of the shoulder buttons but that was a long time ago now
Might be hard to argue an upgrade for upgrade sake, but if you need more controllers, I feel like it's the best controller ever made. Hard to describe really, but it just "feels right". The 360 controller was also great, but consider this a generational improvement. Triggers and shoulders work great.