Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Belkin Home Charger (10 Watt/ 2.1 Amp) - $7.99 (Reg $34.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 9:47 am
[OP]
Sep 23, 2017
25 posts
51 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] Belkin Home Charger (10 Watt/ 2.1 Amp) - $7.99 (Reg $34.99)

Back in stock.

Charge your lightning compatible iOS devices at the fastest possible speed with this charger

Original price was CAD $34.99, current price is CAD $7.99

+Free standard delivery
47 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2974 posts
491 upvotes
Alberta
Isn't the max iPhone charge speed 18W now?
May 9, 2015
208 posts
73 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
can this be used as adaptor to charge macbook pro with usb-c? will it be safe, and will the charge speed be good?

And this can of course be used as usb charger for any non-ios devices too, right? ios here is just marketing.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14474 posts
2484 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
I recall buying a Belkin charger for $4 at Dollarama
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4452 posts
1692 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: I recall buying a Belkin charger for $4 at Dollarama
Ya, I was about to say, I bought one of these in the white + green version for $4. I don't know if the Microsoft black one is any more special in terms of wattage or what, but I do regret buying it at even $4 just because of its awkward size.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Apr 24, 2020
18 posts
125 upvotes
desiringdeals wrote: can this be used as adaptor to charge macbook pro with usb-c? will it be safe, and will the charge speed be good?

And this can of course be used as usb charger for any non-ios devices too, right? ios here is just marketing.
10W is not enough for Macbook pro. You need 65W to properly charge your Macbook pro. And of course you can use it to charge any devices.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13892 posts
5066 upvotes
Ottawa
desiringdeals wrote: can this be used as adaptor to charge macbook pro with usb-c? will it be safe, and will the charge speed be good?

This is way too weak a charger for a MacBook. It probably will take a charge if you leave it off and charge it for 10 hours. But you should try to find one that matches the wattage of the original charger.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3532 posts
2127 upvotes
Vancouver

No you want a 90W charger (sale price around $30-50 on amazon depending on which brand you prefer).
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17908 posts
5081 upvotes
Thanks. No more of the $4 ones at local Dollaramas. I can leave this one at work when I need to charge the phone without hunting around for one...
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14474 posts
2484 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
RiCHC3 wrote: Ya, I was about to say, I bought one of these in the white + green version for $4. I don't know if the Microsoft black one is any more special in terms of wattage or what, but I do regret buying it at even $4 just because of its awkward size.
It's not bad though. Good quality. I had bought 2 of those, and they have been super reliable.