Expired Hot Deals

Microsoft Store

Controller Gear Universal Xbox Pro Charging Stand – Robot White (latest model) - $19.99

[OP]
Aug 24, 2010
756 posts
277 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] Controller Gear Universal Xbox Pro Charging Stand – Robot White (latest model) - $19.99

Keep your controller powered up with this matching magnetic charging stand. Play and charge at the same time so you can stay in the game. This is a universal model and is compatible with Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox One Series X and S, and Xbox Elite controllers.* *Not compatible with the Xbox Elite series 2.*
Seems like a good deal for those who just picked up the Xbox series X/S during the massive GameStop trade in event recently. It’s unfortunate these controllers don’t come with a rechargeable battery like the Dualsenses but this is a fairly cheap upgrade over buying disposable batteries.

Last edited by vencc on Dec 5th, 2021 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
99 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2048 posts
2077 upvotes
Laputa
nice deal

Have a noob question: my controller is using regular AA rechargeable battery, can I use this to recharge?

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Feb 19, 2010
561 posts
259 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
If this could charge via usb I’d be down for it. Shame.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
21643 posts
7158 upvotes
Good deal. Makes a great Christmas gift especially since Halo will be much played this holiday season and keeping the controllers charged will be helpful...
Feb 19, 2020
218 posts
193 upvotes
Crazy hot deal, too bad the other colors are sold out.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2195 posts
627 upvotes
Millenniunn wrote: nice deal

Have a noob question: my controller is using regular AA rechargeable battery, can I use this to recharge?
I don't think so, which kind of sucks.
Oct 3, 2015
823 posts
1712 upvotes
Toronto
To each their own but I vastly prefer just having a set of 4 rechargeable energizer bateries. You can pay $20 on Amazon for a set with a charger and not have to deal with cables.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2010
756 posts
277 upvotes
Millenniunn wrote: nice deal

In the photos it shows a rechargeable battery pack so you wouldn’t need your rechargeable AA batteries.
Sep 6, 2011
272 posts
296 upvotes
La Malbaie
Millenniunn wrote: Have a noob question: my controller is using regular AA rechargeable battery, can I use this to recharge?
This includes its own rechargeable battery and battery door. Regular AA batteries and battery door don't have the charging contacts to use this.

Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2048 posts
2077 upvotes
Laputa
vencc wrote: In the photos it shows a rechargeable battery pack so you wouldn’t need your rechargeable AA batteries.
Artwerks wrote: This includes its own rechargeable battery and battery door. Regular AA batteries and battery door don't have the charging contacts to use this.

Cool! Thx all, I’m going to order one

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Dec 20, 2006
175 posts
77 upvotes
Thanks OP...ordered...tired of scrambling to change batteries in the middle of game play...hoping this helps
[OP]
Aug 24, 2010
756 posts
277 upvotes
TheMadMax wrote: To each their own but I vastly prefer just having a set of 4 rechargeable energizer bateries. You can pay $20 on Amazon for a set with a charger and not have to deal with cables.
That’s a good choice too but I’m probably too lazy to even swap out batteries and this is kind of a solid solution for the lazy lol. Just drop it on the charging station when done gaming and it will always be charged. Plus it’s OEM from Microsoft so there’s no fear of battery problems you might get from a third party.
Jul 2, 2007
202 posts
446 upvotes
Montreal
Now I need a white controller on sale Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Dec 13, 2005
334 posts
229 upvotes
I have two generic two bay ones that were $30 each including two batteries and have been very happy with them. Microsoft includes the charging brick, mine are usb and didn't come with the charger (just the usb-A cable). Depends if you prefer 4x 120v plugs or 2x usb cables for 4x controllers.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19574 posts
7786 upvotes
Toronto
How durable is this? I currently use rechargeable batteries just wondering if this is worth it.
Mar 24, 2020
60 posts
104 upvotes
Honestly I am done with battery packs like this. Maybe microsoft's are different but I've had it happen too many times where after 12 months they just lose their ability to hold a charge.

Just buy rechargeable double aa, it is cheaper and you can use them for other electronics.
Last edited by adam1799 on Dec 6th, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
4992 posts
1635 upvotes
Scarborough
TheMadMax wrote: To each their own but I vastly prefer just having a set of 4 rechargeable energizer bateries. You can pay $20 on Amazon for a set with a charger and not have to deal with cables.
Yes...I purchased the Amazon basics rechargeable set with the charger included. I think it cost me $30. Fantastic deal, I never have to worry about charging my battery, just swap out as needed which is far more convenient.