Expired Hot Deals

Microsoft Store

Dell Inspiron 13 7000, 13.3inch FHD,Intel i5, 8GB, 500GB HDD = $699

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2015 10:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2004
1113 posts
293 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] Dell Inspiron 13 7000, 13.3inch FHD,Intel i5, 8GB, 500GB HDD = $699

If you're looking for something smaller, portable laptop with 1080p IPS touchscreen, check out this laptop

Dell Inspiron 13 i7347-10051sLV (7000 series) 2-in-1 Laptop
  • 13.3 in (337.8 mm) Full HD LED-backlit wide-angle IPS (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
  • Intel Core i5-4210U
  • 8GB memory/500GB HDD
  • Up to 6 hours battery life
  • Built-in stylus
  • Spill-resistant backlit keyboard
  • HDMI out
  • Windows 8.1, 64-bit
Sale Price: $699
56 replies
Newbie
Aug 1, 2008
20 posts
5 upvotes
Nice price, I just paid $849 for the exact same model from Dell a month ago. Great laptop
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
student discount most likely available
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1405 posts
1059 upvotes
Whitby
retroman80s wrote: If you're looking for something smaller, portable laptop with 1080p IPS touchscreen, check out this laptop

Dell Inspiron 13 i7347-10051sLV (7000 series) 2-in-1 Laptop
  • 13.3 in (337.8 mm) Full HD LED-backlit wide-angle IPS (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
  • Intel Core i5-4210U
  • 8GB memory/500GB HDD
  • Up to 6 hours battery life
  • Built-in stylus
  • Spill-resistant backlit keyboard
  • HDMI out
  • Windows 8.1, 64-bit
Sale Price: $699
You just saved me $500. I had placed Yoga 2 Pro in amazon, but for my needs this laptop is more than sufficient with the same form factor. Cancelled Yoga 2 and ordered this. Thanked.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 3, 2012
563 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Also, for those who want a similar form factor laptop in 11", there's the Inspiron 11 3147 @ $405: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msc ... .305526400

It's obviously not as powerful with a Bay Trail-M processor and less RAM, but it's cheap, you still get the IPS display, and I've found mine to be really nice after I installed an SSD in it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2003
4067 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a reasonable price, though for mobile users it is hard to see why anyone would take the Dell over Asus - the latter has much better battery life with all other specs being very similar. The Dell does have a brighter screen though.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspi ... 376.0.html

I have trouble finding in-depth reviews of the Asus. The best one I could find is the i7 + SSD version:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Trans ... 964.0.html

It appears the i7 version of Asus in the same chassis throttles very little. Anyone have better luck finding specific information on TP300LA thermal throttling?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17934 posts
1500 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
BTW guys for +$100 at the same store you can get the Zenbook UX303LA. Looks very similar except 128GB SSD instead of 500GB HD (which would be more useful to most of us... right now I just have a Netbook with 250GB HD, I'm only using 40GB of it, lol)

The Zenbook UX303LA seems to get better reviews than any of the Dell ultrabooks, and has more features (i.e. full-size SD card slot, HDMI port) and such.

What do you think? Didn't want to open a new thread for a very similar model.

EDIT: the Dell in the OP is actually not an Ultrabook, my mistake. The Zenbook is an Ultrabook and weighs a bit less. So they're not quite in the same class... maybe I should have opened a new thread, lol
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3360 posts
1148 upvotes
Asus one uses TN instead of IPS. Dealbreaker for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3360 posts
1148 upvotes
RatePlans wrote: student discount most likely available
student discount cannot be stacked with items on sale.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2003
4067 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
konfusion666 wrote: BTW guys for +$100 at the same store you can get the Zenbook UX303LA. Looks very similar except 128GB SSD instead of 500GB HD (which would be more useful to most of us... right now I just have a Netbook with 250GB HD, I'm only using 40GB of it, lol)

The Zenbook UX303LA seems to get better reviews than any of the Dell ultrabooks, and has more features (i.e. full-size SD card slot, HDMI port) and such.

What do you think? Didn't want to open a new thread for a very similar model.
$100 more for SSD is not an exceptional deal - you are better off buying the dell with 500gb HDD and spend $100 on a 240gb SSD. According to reviews, DELL is easy to open and swap HDD.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17934 posts
1500 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
'Sash[DSL wrote:;20520649']$100 more for SSD is not an exceptional deal - you are better off buying the dell with 500gb HDD and spend $100 on a 240gb SSD. According to reviews, DELL is easy to open and swap HDD.
well it's not just SSD. read the reviews of the UX303LA, as well as user reviews... in fact there's a "fat wallet" (US equiv of RFD) thread comparing the UX303LA to the XPS 13, more ppl seem to be advocating the UX303LA, for a number of reasons not specifically related to the SSD

at the very least, it's another option
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2878 posts
1184 upvotes
Whitehorse
Would any of the devices mentioned in this thrwad have a matte (non-glossy) screen? The MS website doesn't tell.
Newbie
Jan 19, 2013
1 posts
Vancouver
konfusion666 wrote: well it's not just SSD. read the reviews of the UX303LA, as well as user reviews... in fact there's a "fat wallet" (US equiv of RFD) thread comparing the UX303LA to the XPS 13, more ppl seem to be advocating the UX303LA, for a number of reasons not specifically related to the SSD

at the very least, it's another option
And I think the Zenbook is half a pound lighter, isn't it? However, I can't find it anywhere on the MS store... can you please post a link?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17934 posts
1500 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
sokolov wrote: Would any of the devices mentioned in this thrwad have a matte (non-glossy) screen? The MS website doesn't tell.
rule of thumb is that touchscreens are always glossy, non-touch screens (if advertised as "non-glare") can often be matte
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1405 posts
1059 upvotes
Whitby
konfusion666 wrote: well it's not just SSD. read the reviews of the UX303LA, as well as user reviews... in fact there's a "fat wallet" (US equiv of RFD) thread comparing the UX303LA to the XPS 13, more ppl seem to be advocating the UX303LA, for a number of reasons not specifically related to the SSD

at the very least, it's another option
From what I have read, the smaller battery and weight are the downsides of Del inspiron. If you are not looking something portable then it's a good buy. I intend to use only indoor so its not a deal breaker for me. Apart from these short comings, Dell has 3 USB ports, full hdmi, supports dual band wifi. The other Asus laptops in discussion doesn't have their entire tech specs listed on microsoft site so not sure whether they support dual band.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2004
1113 posts
293 upvotes
I've play with this laptop at the store, it has a glossy screen.
Member
Jun 12, 2013
226 posts
104 upvotes
CA
abshahul wrote: From what I have read, the smaller battery and weight are the downsides of Del inspiron. If you are not looking something portable then it's a good buy. I intend to use only indoor so its not a deal breaker for me. Apart from these short comings, Dell has 3 USB ports, full hdmi, supports dual band wifi. The other Asus laptops in discussion doesn't have their entire tech specs listed on microsoft site so not sure whether they support dual band.
1.61 kg - Dell Inspiron
1.67 kg - Asus Transformer
1.45 kg - Asus Zenbook

They're not too heavy I guess? :facepalm:

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)