Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Dell Inspiron 15 2 in 1 I7/FHD/1TB/8GB for $650

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2017 3:06 pm
Aug 25, 2013
412 posts
536 upvotes
The only bug I have encountered so far is the backlit keyboard. I keep turning it off and it keeps coming back on after each start.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1755 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
Does this laptop have an extra spot for an mSATA? The Intel Rapid Storage Technology app on the laptop says there is an "Internal empty port 1"?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
Got the laptop today ! ( I think they missed delivery on Friday).

How long to wait for the air miles? Any got theirs yet?
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Luyuan20 wrote: For an IPS screen, this laptop has really poor colours. In fact, they are less vibrant out of the box than my 6 year old Dell Precision M4600. Kinda disappointed, however maybe I was expecting a bit much for $664 when the dollar is so weak. Other than that, this is not a bad laptop for the money once an SSD is put in. Battery isn't great though (4.5 hours avg) and screen isn't very bright so you always use max brightness. Keyboard is not too bad, feels actually decent.
anyone else have feedback, positive or negative on the screen/brightness etc?
TRK9 wrote: Does this laptop have an extra spot for an mSATA? The Intel Rapid Storage Technology app on the laptop says there is an "Internal empty port 1"?
also curious about this ^^
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
Received it yesterday (Friday). Have changed a new SSD, it works quite well, the screen is nice. The only thing I hate it is it does have a LAN port, look like a cheap model.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
I upgraded windows as well as drivers. But now the touch is not working . Anyone facing same problem ?

edit: after several restarts, touch is now working. However, hdd is pretty slow. Definitely need ssd and extra ram.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
ambujakshi wrote: I upgraded windows as well as drivers. But now the touch is not working . Anyone facing same problem ?

edit: after several restarts, touch is now working. However, hdd is pretty slow. Definitely need ssd and extra ram.
You don't really need more RAM for regular use . Just add an SSD then it will fly.
I didn't bother to setup with the stock HDD, I replace it with a SSD and did a clean installation with Windows 10 Enterprise (bought key from eBay). I prefer Ent version because I can disable auto update.

I got a external DVD for these stuffs and found it's very helpful. When booting with external DVD or USB you need to go to Bios to disable Secure Boot and Enable (add, don't change to Legacy) Legacy Boot option, but boot the DVD with UEFI option so Windows will create partitions as UEFI (I lost a lot of time to figure out this). If the SSD has partitions or be initialized with MBR, you need to delete all partitions so Windows setup will do the right job.

When I finish installing everything with latest update, I disable auto update and Windows Defender. I don't use (and trust) anti virus, just make an image with Acronis True Image, when there is any problem, it will take me about 3 min to restore everything and the laptop becomes as new (I work in IT domain, just my personal preference, don't blame me).
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2973 posts
2622 upvotes
ThomasTran wrote: Is it easy to open for replacing the HD? I want to replace with an SSD
It's always easy in any laptop
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
ambujakshi wrote: Walmart has transcend 240gb ssd on sale for 89.

http://click.linksynergy.com/deeplink?i ... 1&u1=rfdcb
watch out for Transcend SSDs, as they now put a TLC disclaimer in the warranty specs, and with low-endurance TLC, there's a very real prospect of hitting it:

Warranty does not apply when SSD Scope's wear-out indicator displays 0% within 3 years.
Jun 11, 2006
7 posts
Brampton
Darn, killer deal... looks like im a few weeks late
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
xblackdemonx wrote: It's always easy in any laptop
It's not true. Look at the manual that I have posted in previous post. With this laptop you need to use a plastic scribe to open the whole back cover, be careful or you can scratch or break some cover plastic parts. Other laptop, you only need to unscrew just 1 screw and open the small cover to access to HD area.

On my old Vostro 2520 I have to remove the whole keyboard and the top part to access to the HD. I can do it, but it's not easy like some other models
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1332 posts
783 upvotes
Ottawa
ThomasTran wrote: It's not true. Look at the manual that I have posted in previous post. With this laptop you need to use a plastic scribe to open the whole back cover, be careful or you can scratch or break some cover plastic parts. Other laptop, you only need to unscrew just 1 screw and open the small cover to access to HD area.

On my old Vostro 2520 I have to remove the whole keyboard and the top part to access to the HD. I can do it, but it's not easy like some other models
I just finished installing an SSD in my new Dell. It was not difficult at all. Yes you need to pry open the back with some flat piece of plastic but it was easy. The plastic tabs are very robust. It took me 10 minutes to swap out the drive.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1600 posts
950 upvotes
GTA
WARNING... ADATA SU800 - DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH THIS LAPTOP
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1332 posts
783 upvotes
Ottawa
GSpeed wrote: WARNING... ADATA SU800 - DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH THIS LAPTOP
How so? Mine is working fine.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1600 posts
950 upvotes
GTA
yow2kvil wrote: How so? Mine is working fine.
Maybe mine is defective then.. even after a full scan using adata tool box and multiple smart reports the drive is not showing anything that stands out
Regardless mine is going back
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1332 posts
783 upvotes
Ottawa
GSpeed wrote: Maybe mine is defective then.. even after a full scan using adata tool box and multiple smart reports the drive is not showing anything that stands out
Regardless mine is going back
What is the specific problem you are having?
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1600 posts
950 upvotes
GTA
yow2kvil wrote: What is the specific problem you are having?
When i'm using the laptop nothing at all....
It's when i'm not using it.. dell psa
Error 2000:0155 - Hard Drive not installed, will come on..
Timing is completely random
Need to restart, windows shows kernal power etc. etc.. critical errors

I have done the following
Reseat the HD
Reinstall Win 10
Reinstall Win 10 <- Manually Grab all drivers from Dell
Reinstall win 10 <- let windows grab all the drivers
Disable EVERY SINGLE SLEEP/Standby/Hard drive off setting.. so that it never turns off.. and it runs 24/7
Checked smart data everything passed not a single problem, did a full scan of drive.. no problems

Gave up took out the drive, put in my SP550 from my old laptop and it worked no problem...
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
Has anyone got the air miles already?
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)