Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Dell Inspiron i5 (8250U/8GB/1TB/Touch) $549 *In-store

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2017 6:23 pm
May 21, 2016
66 posts
45 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Grab one today @ West Edmonton Mall.

Now looking for a decent M.2 SSD. Anyone has a good deal of SSD? Thanks
May 6, 2012
130 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
~20 units available at Chinook MS Store at lunchtime today
Feb 15, 2008
587 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: You can replace the DVD drive with a second SSD? Do you need to buy an adapter for that?
Or you can buy a m2 NVMe SSD without removing the DVD drive. This laptop has M2 PCIe slot.
Images
  • Screenshot_2017-11-30-00-29-21.png
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
82 wrote: You can replace the DVD drive with a second SSD? Do you need to buy an adapter for that?
This has a spare m.2! Just use that for blazing fast SSD speeds and keep the standard SATA HDD or can put a second SSD there instead.
Jun 6, 2007
137 posts
18 upvotes
just an FYI i was able to click on "ADD TO CART" before the Out of Stock button popped up. Originally i was expecting my order to be cancelled, but the next day I received a tracking # from UPS.

Therefore, this deal is still very much possible to obtain. I would recommend you try it on a deskstop. When i was trying to do it through my mobile, it wasnt working. It worked on my desktop computer..
Jun 11, 2017
394 posts
1070 upvotes
Do you have only one address and one billing method?
Jun 6, 2007
137 posts
18 upvotes
lardiop1 wrote: Do you have only one address and one billing method?
That's correct. I made sure I only had one address and one billing method so that upon clicking "ADD TO CART" it defaulted to those instead of taking an extra step to click on "Use this Address/Use this Payment Method" and thus wasting additional time before the system rejects the order.
Jun 6, 2007
137 posts
18 upvotes
qbarnes95 wrote: Which day did you order it? Thanks
I ordered it yesterday morning while at work. I really was expecting it to reject..but it went through today. So far my tracking order just says "Order Processed", and i do have a Tracking #. I'm still not fully convinced that my order will go through until the status of my delivery changes to "IN TRANSIT" Only then will i go ahead and celebrate as I really really wanted this laptop but was too late when i went to Square One earlier in the week and was told it was sold out.
Jun 6, 2007
137 posts
18 upvotes
jesonmiranda wrote: just an FYI i was able to click on "ADD TO CART" before the Out of Stock button popped up. Originally i was expecting my order to be cancelled, but the next day I received a tracking # from UPS.

Therefore, this deal is still very much possible to obtain. I would recommend you try it on a deskstop. When i was trying to do it through my mobile, it wasnt working. It worked on my desktop computer..
For additional tips, it may help. I was using google chrome, and I had already signed in to my microsoft (hotmail) account before making an attempt to click "ADD TO CART"
Oct 30, 2017
631 posts
641 upvotes
London, ON
Has anyone checked the Microsoft store at Eaton Center? It shows that they have stock online but I am wondering if anyone went there recently to check their stock?
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
Jan 26, 2010
57 posts
13 upvotes
On
I can confirm Eaton Center had some stock last night around 9PM, when I bought one. I called ahead to confirm just to be safe.

The employee who helped me said they found some stock buried in their storage after the black Friday/weekend chaos.
Oct 2, 2013
464 posts
441 upvotes
BRAMPTON
775681 wrote: Has anyone checked the Microsoft store at Eaton Center? It shows that they have stock online but I am wondering if anyone went there recently to check their stock?
Tried Tuesday, called and they said no stock.
May 20, 2008
63 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
phuangk wrote: Or you can buy a m2 NVMe SSD without removing the DVD drive. This laptop has M2 PCIe slot.
Which M2 ssd's would you recommend and is the install easy?
How can you make the ssd as the main drive for windows?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
Decent, given Dell's build quality being solid.

This ($660 with coupon from staples) was a much better buy
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/staples-hot-acer-aspire-5-core-i5-8250u-256-gig-ssd-699-2146938/ wrote:
- Intel® Core™ i5-8250U processor Quad-core 1.60 GHz
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9
- NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 with 2 GB
- 8 GB, DDR4 SDRAM
- 256 GB SSD
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Jun 11, 2017
394 posts
1070 upvotes
We're obviously missing something here.

I'm able to do the add to cart trick as the page is loading, but the second I get to the final checkout page, it removes the laptop. Looks like MS is checking for stock once more before you are able to click Place Order.

And I've only got one address and one billing method

Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
lardiop1 wrote: We're obviously missing something here.

I'm able to do the add to cart trick as the page is loading, but the second I get to the final checkout page, it removes the laptop. Looks like MS is checking for stock once more before you are able to click Place Order.

And I've only got one address and one billing method

Thoughts?
I wouldn't jump on this deal if you can't benefit from or resell
  1. The 1TB HD
  2. The DVD drive
Wait for this to go on sale:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-aspire-5-15-6-laptop-black-intel-core-i5-8250u-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-windows-10/11624440.aspx
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Feb 19, 2017
541 posts
396 upvotes
None of those ports support 4K/60Hz for an external monitor. That's a must for my next laptop; otherwise a great deal if you don't need that functionality.
Jun 6, 2007
137 posts
18 upvotes
50centdollars wrote: None of those ports support 4K/60Hz for an external monitor. That's a must for my next laptop; otherwise a great deal if you don't need that functionality.
Cant you just connect to any Monitor/TV via HDMI Port?
Jul 8, 2008
302 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
jesonmiranda wrote: just an FYI i was able to click on "ADD TO CART" before the Out of Stock button popped up. Originally i was expecting my order to be cancelled, but the next day I received a tracking # from UPS.

My online order placed on Nov 28 has also received the dispatch mail from Microsoft this morning.