Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Dell Inspiron i5 (8250U/8GB/1TB/Touch) $549 *In-store

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2017 6:23 pm
Feb 19, 2017
541 posts
396 upvotes
jesonmiranda wrote: Cant you just connect to any Monitor/TV via HDMI Port?
You can, but not at 4K/60Hz. I believe this is an HDMI v1.4b port, which only supports 4K at 30Hz. HDMI 2.0 supports 4K/60Hz.

Hopefully the mainstream laptop lineups start offering better connectivity, but I doubt it. They want you to fork out $500-$1000 more (depending on brand) for their top-of-the-line machine with Thunderbolt/DisplayPort.
Jun 6, 2007
137 posts
18 upvotes
lardiop1 wrote: We're obviously missing something here.

I'm able to do the add to cart trick as the page is loading, but the second I get to the final checkout page, it removes the laptop. Looks like MS is checking for stock once more before you are able to click Place Order.

And I've only got one address and one billing method

Thoughts?
I'm not kidding here, but I just checked and I was able to successfully place another order with ease. For some reason, MS is not cancelling my orders. After I clicked on "PLACE ORDER" it registered on the system, but i had to cancel it since I dont need.

I will wait and see if my UPS order does change statuses and if my order does get processed and I receive the product I'll come back here. I'm from Mississauga located near Heartland Town Centre. I will be more than happy to place orders for people who live nearby and we can possibly meet up when I receive the shipment. I'll keep everyone posted..
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4638 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
Need one for a co-worker, hope restock soon.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Jun 11, 2017
394 posts
1070 upvotes
What im trying to say is that there is clearly something different between what you're doing and what others are trying to do.

Run us through what you're doing again?
Sep 6, 2005
966 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
775681 wrote: Has anyone checked the Microsoft store at Eaton Center? It shows that they have stock online but I am wondering if anyone went there recently to check their stock?
Went Wednesday Night and they had 4 in stock. Not sure about now.
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
May 6, 2012
130 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Second this question. Can we switch from the existing HDD to M.2 SSD for the operating system? Do we have to format the HDD after the switch? Can someone direct me to a tutorial/instructions for making such a switch. Only got Beginner/Intermediate level skills with me :-)
dragonz2 wrote: Which M2 ssd's would you recommend and is the install easy?
How can you make the ssd as the main drive for windows?
Sep 6, 2005
966 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Mailtms wrote: Second this question. Can we switch from the existing HDD to M.2 SSD for the operating system? Do we have to format the HDD after the switch? Can someone direct me to a tutorial/instructions for making such a switch. Only got Beginner/Intermediate level skills with me :-)
I noticed that a lot of RFD'ers are wanting to upgrade this laptop to SSD, just a heads up when I went in store they stated that the warranty would be voided if changed to an SSD. They did say I can buy a brand new ssd (doesn't have to be in store) and have them replace it for me, the downside is I have to buy the extended warranty (~170), but they will help to install both the ssd and windows.
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3422 posts
1895 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Mailtms wrote: Second this question. Can we switch from the existing HDD to M.2 SSD for the operating system? Do we have to format the HDD after the switch? Can someone direct me to a tutorial/instructions for making such a switch. Only got Beginner/Intermediate level skills with me :-)
depending on the brand of the SSD. some come with a migration software and the cloning is painless (like Samsung). all you need to do is clone your HDD to the SSD first and then, switch out the HDD and SSD. you'll need an enclosure to do so. SSD needs to be plug in

in the M2 PCI slot case, all you need to do is install the SSD and clone your HDD. no need for an enclosure like you would if you are swapping out and/or you don't have space for a 2nd hard drive
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3422 posts
1895 upvotes
Montreal, QC
booboi wrote: I noticed that a lot of RFD'ers are wanting to upgrade this laptop to SSD, just a heads up when I went in store they stated that the warranty would be voided if changed to an SSD. They did say I can buy a brand new ssd (doesn't have to be in store) and have them replace it for me, the downside is I have to buy the extended warranty (~170), but they will help to install both the ssd and windows.
you know they are simply saying that for the 100% margin profit they get by getting you to buy extra warranty right?
Sep 6, 2005
966 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
sumtimw0ng wrote: you know they are simply saying that for the 100% margin profit they get by getting you to buy extra warranty right?
I never tried to replace a hard drive from a laptop before. Is it possible to open the hard drive area and replace without them knowing its been replaced? (Obviously switch if the laptop requires repair).
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Feb 15, 2008
587 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
booboi wrote: I never tried to replace a hard drive from a laptop before. Is it possible to open the hard drive area and replace without them knowing its been replaced? (Obviously switch if the laptop requires repair).
i have open up this laptop and i do not see warranty seal stickers in the area where you need to access the HDD or PCIe SSD Slot.. Of course, replacing it at your own risk :)
Aug 2, 2013
53 posts
18 upvotes
montreal
Just spoke with an agent
I'm afraid that the offer was valid from November 27, 2017 to December 1, 2017, while supplies last. I have checked and we do not have any notice of it coming back in stock.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3422 posts
1895 upvotes
Montreal, QC
booboi wrote: I never tried to replace a hard drive from a laptop before. Is it possible to open the hard drive area and replace without them knowing its been replaced? (Obviously switch if the laptop requires repair).
swapping a hard drive, replacing the wifi card and/or adding more ram does not void the warranty. they are trying to get you to buy extended warranty because that is where they make their money and probably commission too
Feb 15, 2008
587 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
Its probably more difficult to take the bottom cover apart than insert the M.2 SSD. Check the thread summary for service manual.
Images
  • 20171130T134450.jpg
Apr 4, 2017
258 posts
379 upvotes
Internet
Lawrence0317 wrote: It is noise , be aware. I returned it in 2 days.
Probably the same 'noise issue' like it was in case with redflagdeals - [Microsoft Store] $449 Dell Inspiron 13 5378 . There were a lot complains concerning noise in the reviews on the Microsoft Store but it was fixed by the firmware update (presumably by raising temperature threshold for the cooler:). Anyway I'm more than happy with that laptop.

BTW, how is the battery life and CPU heating under the load? How many seconds can this CPU stay on the Turbo Boost frequency?
Banned
Apr 19, 2016
435 posts
226 upvotes
dea1er wrote: Probably the same 'noise issue' like it was in case with redflagdeals - [Microsoft Store] $449 Dell Inspiron 13 5378 . There were a lot complains concerning noise in the reviews on the Microsoft Store but it was fixed by the firmware update (presumably by raising temperature threshold for the cooler:). Anyway I'm more than happy with that laptop.

BTW, how is the battery life and CPU heating under the load? How many seconds can this CPU stay on the Turbo Boost frequency?
Didn't test battery. Can accepte the noise. No interesting it . Bought a MBA instead.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)