Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Microsoft Store] Evoo Ultra Thin EVC141-6BK Laptop (14.1" Full HD Display, Celeron N3350, 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD, Win10) - $239 +Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2020 12:52 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10233 posts
6467 upvotes
Zero wrote: Woah, professional calibration type software/hardware on a cheap ass laptop ... why though?
If the display panel can provide 90% sRGB colours (or better), I'd say, sure...it'll be easier on the eyes at least (e.g. adjust the colour temp). At the very least, get away from the blue tint...down to 6500k... If I work longer hours, I load up the 5500k profile.

(Calibrating displays don't have to only be done on expensive systems).
Last edited by chatbox on Nov 3rd, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1566 upvotes
Tee . Oh
dazz wrote: Great for Notepad, minesweeper and calculator. My 2011 laptop had a passmark of 2100. 10 years later, it's half that on a Windows that needs more power to even run.
Least they give you a 1080p screen for minesweeper and solitaire though. Should look REAL nice in 2020.
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1566 upvotes
Tee . Oh
chatbox wrote: If the display panel can provide 90% sRGB colours, I'd say, sure...it'll be easier on the eyes at least (e.g. adjust the colour temp).

Yeah, but I wouldn't expect this laptop to have a good screen.
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6333 posts
2076 upvotes
Vancouver
Zero wrote: Woah, professional calibration type software/hardware on a cheap ass laptop ... why though?
corcoran_chris wrote: Is this enough to run calibration software such as calman or hcfr ? And connect to a i1display pro? How would it handle hdmi out or dual monitor ?
You would be lucky if it can cover even sRGB 60% coverage. No joke. It sure WILL run all of those software, but as said already, why...
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
2160 posts
602 upvotes
Maple
Why not if its doable? I do not need a laptop at all. But this would make things a little easier.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10233 posts
6467 upvotes
Zero wrote: Yeah, but I wouldn't expect this laptop to have a good screen.
Decent sRGB coverage aren't that expensive these days... Does anyone have a panel model number?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
2160 posts
602 upvotes
Maple
And I should have mentioned, its for me to RUN the software to calibrate tvs and projectors. Not to calibrate this screen.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6333 posts
2076 upvotes
Vancouver
chatbox wrote: If the display panel can provide 90% sRGB colours (or better), I'd say, sure...it'll be easier on the eyes at least (e.g. adjust the colour temp). At the very least, get away from the blue tint...down to 6500k... If I work longer hours, I load up the 5500k profile.

90% sRGB on a $200 laptop? lol... Even much more expensive laptops are often under.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10233 posts
6467 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote: And I should have mentioned, its for me to RUN the software to calibrate tvs and projectors. Not to calibrate this screen.
hcrf would be fine here.

But Calman might take a bit of time for profile generation.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10233 posts
6467 upvotes
dazz wrote: 90% sRGB on a $200 laptop? lol... Even much more expensive laptops are often under.
People used to laugh when we were expecting FHD on a $400 laptop.

My point, you never know. It never hurt to have higher expectation...room for improvement is always there.
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1566 upvotes
Tee . Oh
chatbox wrote: People used to laugh when we were expecting FHD on a $400 laptop.

My point, you never know. It never hurt to have higher expectation...room for improvement is always there.
Realistically no one is expecting this laptop to have a good screen though. Unless they lucked out by happenstance finding a decent panel for cheap somehow, but very unlikely.
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1566 upvotes
Tee . Oh
I still have my laptop I bought from the Microsoft Store 5 years ago that I bought because of RFD Effect, and it basically just collects dust:
ms-store-650-50-gc-asus-zenbook-ux305ca ... d-1889197/

So no more impulse laptop buys for me.
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6333 posts
2076 upvotes
Vancouver
chatbox wrote: People used to laugh when we were expecting FHD on a $400 laptop.

Not sure it's the same. Progress is there, but calibrated laptop with full sRGB spectrum is much harder and costlier to achieve than a run of the mill LCD panel.
This one has FHD,but I doubt it will run smoothly 1080p content. It will also be VERY slow for website browsing, especially content-rich pages with videos. 500 HD graphics is from 2015. CPU is at 2009 specs and with only 4gb of ram, it basically a slow toy that will make you wait 1 minute for a task that even $400 laptop will do in about 5 seconds.
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1566 upvotes
Tee . Oh
dazz wrote: Not sure it's the same. Progress is there, but calibrated laptop with full sRGB spectrum is much harder and costlier to achieve than a run of the mill LCD panel.
This one has FHD,but I doubt it will run smoothly 1080p content. It will also be VERY slow for website browsing, especially content-rich pages with videos. 500 HD graphics is from 2015. CPU is at 2009 specs and with only 4gb of ram, it basically a slow toy that will make you wait 1 minute for a task that even $400 laptop will do in about 5 seconds.
Yeah, if you have the money definitely spend more money on a faster laptop. But, if you absolutely cash strapped then this will be usable for people's basic computing needs.
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
1336 posts
1330 upvotes
Zero wrote: I have a feeling no one is going to buy this laptop. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I've never even heard of Win 10 S before I saw this post here.

"Streamlined for security and superior performance, Windows 10 in S mode exclusively uses Microsoft-verified apps from the Windows Store to keep you running fast and secure day in and day out. "

Basically, you can't install anything on it, unless its approved by MS for your "security"

Also, it has 5000 mAh battery. "Up to 9 hours*"
Yeah, good luck with that.
My last 2 phones had same size battery, I doubt laptop with 14" screen will run 9 hours on it.
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1566 upvotes
Tee . Oh
xrvr wrote: I've never even heard of Win 10 S before I saw this post here.

"Streamlined for security and superior performance, Windows 10 in S mode exclusively uses Microsoft-verified apps from the Windows Store to keep you running fast and secure day in and day out. "

Basically, you can't install anything on it, unless its approved by MS for your "security"

Also, it has 5000 mAh battery. "Up to 9 hours*"
Yeah, good luck with that.
My last 2 phones had same size battery, I doubt laptop with 14" screen will run 9 hours on it.
Your phone probably also has a more powerful CPU then this laptop though!
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)