• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2019 3:06 am
[OP]
Nov 30, 2009
283 posts
368 upvotes
Sudbury, ON

[Microsoft Store] Fortnite V-Bucks Half Price

If you've got kids who are addicted to Fortnite I've discovered a pretty good deal thanks to the sale going on at the Microsoft store.

The 'Deep Freeze Bundle' for Xbox One is currently on sale half off for $15, which gives you the set of a Skin/Pickaxe/Glider/Backpack. On average it would probably cost you $20-25 to buy a similar level of cosmetics from the store. This also includes 1000 V-Bucks which costs about $13 CAD.

The REAL reason this is very interesting though, is that if you've already purchased this item before (I bought it for my kids last Christmas), when you redeem a code for the same bundle additional times they will instead give you 3,000 V-Bucks. To put that into perspective, 6000 V-Bucks on the Epic Games store would cost you about $66 CAD. For $33.90 (I just bought two), I'll get the exact same amount.

Here is a FAQ from an official website that mentions the 3000 V-Bucks, and you can find people confirming it on reddit as well.

https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/e ... Bundle-FAQ

Enjoy!
25 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5322 posts
2226 upvotes
Vancouver
good find OP but i wont tell my kid about this :P
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28630 posts
14171 upvotes
While technically a deal, screw microtransactions.

Also screw Epic.

Source: I've paid far too much in my life for stuff I probably shouldn't have.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2048 posts
2052 upvotes
Montreal
thumb up for fortnite lovers
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4021 posts
4898 upvotes
Guy In A Bucket wrote: If you've got kids who are addicted to Fortnite I've discovered a pretty good deal thanks to the sale going on at the Microsoft store
Why encourage the addiction? Not judging but if my kid was addicted to a game I'd pull the plug on it asap.

Then again who am I to say anything...I have a 7 year old binge watching Pepa Pig....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
5888 posts
17437 upvotes
Kitchener
Wish they had this for Playstation :(
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1311 posts
1115 upvotes
Montreal
KravenHead wrote: Why encourage the addiction? Not judging but if my kid was addicted to a game I'd pull the plug on it asap.

Then again who am I to say anything...I have a 7 year old binge watching Pepa Pig....
I rather have a Pepa Pig obssesed kid over a Fortnite obessesed kid, anytime anywhere.
Dec 13, 2008
438 posts
182 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Why encourage the addiction? Not judging but if my kid was addicted to a game I'd pull the plug on it asap.

Commitment, dedication, work ethic, achievement of goals can be a product of video games. Just sayin'
I'm just here for the deals....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28630 posts
14171 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Then again who am I to say anything...I have a 7 year old binge watching Pepa Pig....
Sure, but Pepa Pig at least doesn't come with micro transactions.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Sep 2, 2017
432 posts
498 upvotes
Edmonton
death_hawk wrote: While technically a deal, screw microtransactions.

Also screw Epic.

Source: I've paid far too much in my life for stuff I probably shouldn't have.
As annoying as micro transactions are... I actually don't mind how Fortnite is doing it.. since you can still play the game totally free and it's not a pay to win system. However if you want your characters to look cool or if you want quests then yes you have to pay.

Plus, it's not like you have to pay $79.99 for the game alone just to play it (like most games).
Jan 22, 2019
356 posts
289 upvotes
Jaylay14 wrote: As annoying as micro transactions are... I actually don't mind how Fortnite is doing it.. since you can still play the game totally free and it's not a pay to win system. However if you want your characters to look cool or if you want quests then yes you have to pay.

Plus, it's not like you have to pay $79.99 for the game alone just to play it (like most games).
Completely agree.

$79.99 a game vs. $15 "a season" where it's completely optional and you don't miss any actual game features... where as stupid games like Call of Duty requires you to pay $79.99 for the game, plus if you want to play on some maps or unlock some other modes, you have to pay for that as well.

At least if you don't spend a single dime on Fortnite, you still get all the cool new perks and game modes that come out during updates and new seasons. You also get random vbucks which if you save enough, you could earn yourself a free battle pass and if you play enough, you could get a free battle pass every season.
Last edited by EarthViews on Aug 26th, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2009
283 posts
368 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Jaylay14 wrote: As annoying as micro transactions are... I actually don't mind how Fortnite is doing it.. since you can still play the game totally free and it's not a pay to win system. However if you want your characters to look cool or if you want quests then yes you have to pay.

Yes, while I don't post deals for likes or votes I have a feeling the people down-voting this thread have possibly never played this game before. All of the microtransactions are cosmetic with no gameplay advantages, it's your choice to buy them and this is, to my knowledge, the only way to get not just a small cut but a massive discount that you would likely never see from Epic or any of the platform's respective storefronts.

Also, a 16 year old kid won three million USD for playing this game a few weeks ago. If my kids want to dabble in that arena, go nuts!
[OP]
Nov 30, 2009
283 posts
368 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
AvengerX1 wrote: Can I buy this and redeem it on my switch?
Sorry but no, the reason there's different versions of this box is because you redeem the code on that platform's store (eShop, Xbox Live, PSN).
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4703 posts
3040 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
With my time machine, I stocked up on this bundle when Costco had it for $9.97.
😱
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3674 posts
7178 upvotes
b0ne wrote: With my time machine, I stocked up on this bundle when Costco had it for $9.97.
with my crime machine
i went to BB and grabbed 20 of them for $0
Public Mobile customer
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
5888 posts
17437 upvotes
Kitchener
Showing OOS now, just a heads up!

Now they need this deal on Playstation :)

Also, if anyone wants to play Fortnite with me send me a PM!
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6723 posts
2410 upvotes
I used to play with my son but neither of us have played in months. Is it still popular? Did Apex take a large chunk or did they come back? I know at one time a lot came back because of bugs/issues.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)