• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2019 3:06 am
[OP]
Nov 30, 2009
255 posts
331 upvotes
Sudbury, ON

[Microsoft Store] Fortnite V-Bucks Half Price

If you've got kids who are addicted to Fortnite I've discovered a pretty good deal thanks to the sale going on at the Microsoft store.

The 'Deep Freeze Bundle' for Xbox One is currently on sale half off for $15, which gives you the set of a Skin/Pickaxe/Glider/Backpack. On average it would probably cost you $20-25 to buy a similar level of cosmetics from the store. This also includes 1000 V-Bucks which costs about $13 CAD.

The REAL reason this is very interesting though, is that if you've already purchased this item before (I bought it for my kids last Christmas), when you redeem a code for the same bundle additional times they will instead give you 3,000 V-Bucks. To put that into perspective, 6000 V-Bucks on the Epic Games store would cost you about $66 CAD. For $33.90 (I just bought two), I'll get the exact same amount.

Here is a FAQ from an official website that mentions the 3000 V-Bucks, and you can find people confirming it on reddit as well.

https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/e ... Bundle-FAQ

Enjoy!
25 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4983 posts
1491 upvotes
Vancouver
good find OP but i wont tell my kid about this :P
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27298 posts
12927 upvotes
While technically a deal, screw microtransactions.

Also screw Epic.

Source: I've paid far too much in my life for stuff I probably shouldn't have.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1784 posts
1838 upvotes
Montreal
thumb up for fortnite lovers
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1126 posts
1642 upvotes
Guy In A Bucket wrote: If you've got kids who are addicted to Fortnite I've discovered a pretty good deal thanks to the sale going on at the Microsoft store
Why encourage the addiction? Not judging but if my kid was addicted to a game I'd pull the plug on it asap.

Then again who am I to say anything...I have a 7 year old binge watching Pepa Pig....
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2698 posts
1877 upvotes
Kitchener
Wish they had this for Playstation :(
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1219 posts
876 upvotes
Montreal
KravenHead wrote: Why encourage the addiction? Not judging but if my kid was addicted to a game I'd pull the plug on it asap.

Then again who am I to say anything...I have a 7 year old binge watching Pepa Pig....
I rather have a Pepa Pig obssesed kid over a Fortnite obessesed kid, anytime anywhere.
Dec 13, 2008
304 posts
99 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Why encourage the addiction? Not judging but if my kid was addicted to a game I'd pull the plug on it asap.

Commitment, dedication, work ethic, achievement of goals can be a product of video games. Just sayin'
I'm just here for the deals....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27298 posts
12927 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Then again who am I to say anything...I have a 7 year old binge watching Pepa Pig....
Sure, but Pepa Pig at least doesn't come with micro transactions.
Sep 2, 2017
375 posts
453 upvotes
Edmonton
death_hawk wrote: While technically a deal, screw microtransactions.

Also screw Epic.

Source: I've paid far too much in my life for stuff I probably shouldn't have.
As annoying as micro transactions are... I actually don't mind how Fortnite is doing it.. since you can still play the game totally free and it's not a pay to win system. However if you want your characters to look cool or if you want quests then yes you have to pay.

Plus, it's not like you have to pay $79.99 for the game alone just to play it (like most games).
Jan 22, 2019
296 posts
224 upvotes
Jaylay14 wrote: As annoying as micro transactions are... I actually don't mind how Fortnite is doing it.. since you can still play the game totally free and it's not a pay to win system. However if you want your characters to look cool or if you want quests then yes you have to pay.

Plus, it's not like you have to pay $79.99 for the game alone just to play it (like most games).
Completely agree.

$79.99 a game vs. $15 "a season" where it's completely optional and you don't miss any actual game features... where as stupid games like Call of Duty requires you to pay $79.99 for the game, plus if you want to play on some maps or unlock some other modes, you have to pay for that as well.

At least if you don't spend a single dime on Fortnite, you still get all the cool new perks and game modes that come out during updates and new seasons. You also get random vbucks which if you save enough, you could earn yourself a free battle pass and if you play enough, you could get a free battle pass every season.
Last edited by EarthViews on Aug 26th, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2009
255 posts
331 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Jaylay14 wrote: As annoying as micro transactions are... I actually don't mind how Fortnite is doing it.. since you can still play the game totally free and it's not a pay to win system. However if you want your characters to look cool or if you want quests then yes you have to pay.

Yes, while I don't post deals for likes or votes I have a feeling the people down-voting this thread have possibly never played this game before. All of the microtransactions are cosmetic with no gameplay advantages, it's your choice to buy them and this is, to my knowledge, the only way to get not just a small cut but a massive discount that you would likely never see from Epic or any of the platform's respective storefronts.

Also, a 16 year old kid won three million USD for playing this game a few weeks ago. If my kids want to dabble in that arena, go nuts!