• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 4:51 pm
[OP]
Feb 17, 2015
31 posts
133 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Microsoft Store] Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition (PC + XBOX) $58.49

Pretty sweet deal for an awesome d̶r̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶ arcade racer. My kid was asking for Lego Speed Champions edition (an expansion) to Forza 4, but it was just too expensive.
This price drop from $130 made it more palatable. It comes with the following packs and it can be played both on PC and XBOX One/X/S:

• Forza Horizon 4 Formula Drift Car Pack
  • Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass
  • Forza Horizon 4 Welcome Pack
  • Forza Horizon 4 Best of Bond Car Pack
  • Forza Horizon 4 VIP
  • Forza Horizon 4 Fortune Island
  • Forza Horizon 4 LEGO® Speed Champions

Safe driving!

EDIT: Sale was prolonged + had to correct the game type in the description, guys kept spitting cereal when they saw I called it a racing simulator :')
Last edited by miamacchina on Jan 5th, 2021 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
40 replies
Nov 10, 2019
143 posts
64 upvotes
CANADA
Is this worth it? i am looking to purchase Forza game for PC, this could be a sweet deal?

Thanks
the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear ...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8106 posts
4743 upvotes
Toronto
I love this game and have played it to death on Game Pass but they need to offer better value on the DLC because this is way too expensive to get the DLC for a 2 year old game that's playable for $1.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3563 posts
3566 upvotes
Alberta
SERDAR wrote: Is this worth it? i am looking to purchase Forza game for PC, this could be a sweet deal?

Thanks
Regular edition is included with game pass.
Jan 28, 2013
314 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
I’ve had hours of fun with the base version of the game. Since it’s available on Game Pass, I’m not sure if paying for the game is worth it.

Also, keep in mind Forza games are not simulators. The entire franchise -especially Horizon - is an arcade racer.
Jun 29, 2018
17 posts
19 upvotes
What makes this a good deal is on the DLCs in my opinion. All those DLCs together gives a bunch of cars to mess around with. Even without the DLCs this price is still cheaper than regular ($79.99 for standard edition) so it's a deal in anyway.
CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 3900X
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 ACE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (8GB x 4) 3200MHz
GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP
PSU: Corsair HX 850i
Aug 11, 2014
388 posts
261 upvotes
You can get this for cheaper if you get the timing right.

What I did on Black Friday (I play on PC):

1) FH4 Standard Edition Digital Download at Best Buy $24.99

2) FH4 Ultimate Add-ons Bundle Download at Microsoft Store $23.99 (this upgrades your base game to the Ultimate Edition)

Total: $48.98

Buying them separately gave me a much cheaper price than the $58.49 for the Ultimate Edition.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4256 posts
2365 upvotes
3express wrote: You can get this for cheaper if you get the timing right.

2) FH4 Ultimate Add-ons Bundle Download at Microsoft Store $23.99 (this upgrades your base game to the Ultimate Edition)

Buying them separately gave me a much cheaper price than the $58.49 for the Ultimate Edition.
Alternatively game pass + the add on is good too. That's what I did near release.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1843 posts
1520 upvotes
Waterloo
SERDAR wrote: Is this worth it? i am looking to purchase Forza game for PC, this could be a sweet deal?

Thanks
Great game but I wouldn't call this a "sim" like OP. Motorsport 7 is more sim. Horizon series are like NFS.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4025 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Sicklyslick wrote: Great game but I wouldn't call this a "sim" like OP. Motorsport 7 is more sim. Horizon series are like NFS.
Turn off stability, traction control & ABS then it's 90% sim like FM7, way more than NFS.
Jan 28, 2014
633 posts
241 upvotes
HKPolice wrote: Turn off stability, traction control & ABS then it's 90% sim like FM7, way more than NFS.
I own FM7 this is nothing like it. The game allows you to drive through stone walls like they are nothing. The game is fun but it's more like an adventure/racing game like NFS where you build your street cred and grind through while unlocking cars.

FM7 has real tracks and better realism. I own both but have been playing horizon a bit more for the nice scenery and exploring but when I want an actual race I prefer FM7.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4025 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
STIGUY wrote: I own FM7 this is nothing like it. The game allows you to drive through stone walls like they are nothing. The game is fun but it's more like an adventure/racing game like NFS where you build your street cred and grind through while unlocking cars.

FM7 has real tracks and better realism. I own both but have been playing horizon a bit more for the nice scenery and exploring but when I want an actual race I prefer FM7.
I'm talking about driving physics, not environmental physics or tracks. NFS has arcade driving physics and nothing like FH4 with the assists turned off.
Aug 11, 2014
388 posts
261 upvotes
Well, even FM7 debatably isn't a "real sim" if you ask the online community lol.

If we were to compare a list of FH4, FM7, NFS, and something like Project Cars 2:

Sim -> PC2

Simcade leaning towards Sim -> FM7

Simcade leaning towards arcade -> FH4

Arcade -> NFS

That is my personal opinion on how to classify these games.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1047 posts
154 upvotes
3express wrote: You can get this for cheaper if you get the timing right.

Thanks for the tip on FH4 Ultimate Add-ons Bundle!

I guess this is a stupid question, if I buy it, every profile on my XBSX has access to it too right? It's like that for Lego (which I already own) so I assume it's the same here?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1843 posts
1520 upvotes
Waterloo
HKPolice wrote: Turn off stability, traction control & ABS then it's 90% sim like FM7, way more than NFS.
i play both with stability/tc off, steering to simulated and horizon series has always been more arcade-ey
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8106 posts
4743 upvotes
Toronto
3express wrote: Well, even FM7 debatably isn't a "real sim" if you ask the online community lol.
That's because both the Motorsport and Horizon series are primarily designed to be played with a gamepad which is how the majority of people play it. This is why the wheel support has always felt tacked on and not good at all compared to actual sims like Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, DIRT Rally etc. Forza is a great series and arguably the best console racer ever but it's far from an actual sim even with all assists turned off.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1018 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto, ON
3express wrote: Well, even FM7 debatably isn't a "real sim" if you ask the online community lol.

If we were to compare a list of FH4, FM7, NFS, and something like Project Cars 2:

Sim -> PC2

Simcade leaning towards Sim -> FM7

Simcade leaning towards arcade -> FH4

Arcade -> NFS

That is my personal opinion on how to classify these games.
Where would you classify Gran Turismo ?