• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 4:51 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1767 posts
952 upvotes
Durham
Did you just call this game a sim?

No where near a sim, but definitely an enjoyable game. Have it on game pass but would love if the ultimate add on was separate.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1767 posts
952 upvotes
Durham
3express wrote:
2) FH4 Ultimate Add-ons Bundle Download at Microsoft Store $23.99 (this upgrades your base game to the Ultimate Edition)
Not seeing this option.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2005
1064 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal
You can get Forza 4 for 1$ (there's a gamepass promo 3 months for 1$)
Nov 20, 2012
203 posts
69 upvotes
CALGARY
optimum wrote: You can get Forza 4 for 1$ (there's a gamepass promo 3 months for 1$)
Pretty sure you don't actually own the game. You just get to Play it as part of gamepass subscription as long as they carry it. Horizon ultimate cannot be applied unless you own the base game first either.
Jan 22, 2015
580 posts
173 upvotes
N/A
I just purchased on a whim...thanks OP...um, I've never purchased a game from the MS store. I want to download to another device (I need to build a gaming PC with Win10, lol) but if I download to this device...I become messed up to install on another comp? I'm out of the loop with how MS does this now. Sigh. I old.
Dec 15, 2019
39 posts
20 upvotes
ElDealioSupremo wrote: I just purchased on a whim...thanks OP...um, I've never purchased a game from the MS store. I want to download to another device (I need to build a gaming PC with Win10, lol) but if I download to this device...I become messed up to install on another comp? I'm out of the loop with how MS does this now. Sigh. I old.
It's tied to your MS Store account not your device. If you're asking whether you can reinstall it on another computer down the road, yes - as long as you can access the Microsoft account you purchased the game with.
Aug 11, 2014
388 posts
261 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: Where would you classify Gran Turismo ?
I don't have much experience with the GT series, but from what I've heard it might just be a bit more Sim than FM7, with better wheel support.
Aug 11, 2014
388 posts
261 upvotes
thehabs25 wrote: Pretty sure you don't actually own the game. You just get to Play it as part of gamepass subscription as long as they carry it. Horizon ultimate cannot be applied unless you own the base game first either.
Apparently MS first party games stay on GamePass "forever", although the issue with Forza games is that they traditionally become delisted after 4 years from release.

We have yet to see what will happen with regards to delisting for a Forza game on GamePass though, so we won't know for sure as of yet.
Dec 12, 2007
267 posts
85 upvotes
London
3express wrote: Not surprised you couldn't find it due to the MS Store UI tbh, here's the link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/forza ... 7jj1fkqwxh

Looks like it just went back to regular price though.
I took advantage of the cheap Black Friday FH4 standard version too, but missed the add-ons deal! Damn. Appreciate the tip though; did not realize this add-on existed. Will watch for future deals.
[OP]
Feb 17, 2015
31 posts
133 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Kkhan15 wrote: Did you just call this game a sim?

No where near a sim, but definitely an enjoyable game. Have it on game pass but would love if the ultimate add on was separate.

I hope you can forgive my confusion, I didn't have the privilege of choice - or this taxonomy - when I was growing up; in my time if you were playing a game where you're driving in first-person we called it driving or racing simulator, so I guess that just stuck with me. I'm old, man :)
I remember admiring graphics and scenery while playing the MS-DOS version of Test Drive 2 - The Duel back in the 90s on a 16MHz 286 AT. You could get carsick if you didn't take breaks!

One day someone came to the office where I worked and brought TNFS ARJ compressed on fourty-four 3.5" floppy diskettes! A couple hours later there it was - my first Need for Speed, and I haven't missed an installment since.

So yes, FH4 not a sim, but an arcade racer. And most definitely an enjoyable game! :D
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7234 posts
2027 upvotes
T dot 6
I have a 3080 and I play this with highest visual settings and still get 150 FPS. This game is absolutely stunning.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Jan 12, 2007
305 posts
149 upvotes
Is the game still enjoyable with a keyboard and mouse or are you guys playing with a pedal and wheel ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7234 posts
2027 upvotes
T dot 6
TAZ99 wrote: Is the game still enjoyable with a keyboard and mouse or are you guys playing with a pedal and wheel ?
I play with a pedal and wheel. I wouldnt play with a keyboard and mouse, I would buy a Xbox controller.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Jan 12, 2007
305 posts
149 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: I play with a pedal and wheel. I wouldnt play with a keyboard and mouse, I would buy a Xbox controller.
Can I use a PS4 controller ?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7581 posts
952 upvotes
Great game, but I highly recommend Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. With it, you can play this game on everything from Xbox(es) to PC and even mobile. But you also get so many other games with the pass, including all upcoming Forza ones on day one.
A little research around this forum, will show you how you can purchase the pass for about $50 a year
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Jan 4, 2013
87 posts
69 upvotes
RICHMOND
thehabs25 wrote: Pretty sure you don't actually own the game. You just get to Play it as part of gamepass subscription as long as they carry it. Horizon ultimate cannot be applied unless you own the base game first either.
Not true, bought ultimate add-on and works with gamepass version of horizon 4 ,again which I do not own
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1374 posts
510 upvotes
Midland
TAZ99 wrote: Is the game still enjoyable with a keyboard and mouse or are you guys playing with a pedal and wheel ?
Best with a controller in my opinion! (I haven’t tried a pedal wheel combo)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)