Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

HOT! Mohu Leaf 50 + Hauppage Tuner $99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2015 2:23 pm
[OP]
Member
Jul 26, 2007
418 posts
505 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] HOT! Mohu Leaf 50 + Hauppage Tuner $99

Microsoft just announced their OTA tuner for the Xbox One and seems like they are having a sale. Pretty hot deal considering the Mohu Leaf 50 is ~$110 on Amazon.ca and the Hauppage tumer itself is ~$80.

Just add the tuner to your cart and it will ask you if you want to bundle the antenna with it.

I had some error message come up when trying to add to cart, but i just kept trying and it worked.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msc ... .318057000

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1iooTlW.png[/IMG]
15 replies
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
22656 posts
15079 upvotes
Kitchener
Mohu leaf 50 is $70 reg price on MS store.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msc ... .318028400

BTW, the tuner is a rebranded WinTV-HVR-955Q (for which $60 reg is a very nice tag compared to Canadian retail).
http://hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr955q.html
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
Would the OTA experts here think this would give better results than my Digiwave 4 bay antenna (UHF only) at ground level outdoors?

I've been hesitant to get a better 4 bay because of metal theives (confronted one once outside my apt trying to steal my 4 bay) but I can't imagine a piece of plastic garnering much interest.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 13, 2005
7309 posts
1683 upvotes
the leaf is a POS... I have one, using indoors near a window in my first floor of the house. I get the same amount of channels with a cheap DIY setup - connecting an old cable splitter to cable, then sticking two straighten paperclip on the splitter ends to use as antenna.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
20190 posts
8259 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I got way better results from a db4e vs leaf, and tuners are obsoleted by hdhomerun as far as I'm concerned.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4049 posts
1479 upvotes
Ontario
mic2074 wrote: I get the same amount of channels with a cheap DIY setup - connecting an old cable splitter to cable, then sticking two straighten paperclip on the splitter ends to use as antenna.
lol wow.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
mic2074 wrote: the leaf is a POS... I have one, using indoors near a window in my first floor of the house. I get the same amount of channels with a cheap DIY setup - connecting an old cable splitter to cable, then sticking two straighten paperclip on the splitter ends to use as antenna.
Wow. Thanks clicked. Perhaps I should get a db4e and hope for the best.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2009
621 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
So if it's a rebranded tuner, does that mean it will work just as well on Windows without an Xbox?
Sr. Member
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
I have had this tuner for like 5 years, I wonder if it will work or if you need the xbox one branded tuner. The only problem I see is that the xbox only has one USB port so I would need to constantly be unplugging it if I wanted to charge my controller or watch a video on a USB stick etc. I wonder if you can use a USB hub with this thing
Member
Oct 20, 2004
229 posts
44 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
newdeal wrote: I have had this tuner for like 5 years, I wonder if it will work or if you need the xbox one branded tuner. The only problem I see is that the xbox only has one USB port so I would need to constantly be unplugging it if I wanted to charge my controller or watch a video on a USB stick etc. I wonder if you can use a USB hub with this thing
You've got one on the side and two more in the back.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
25048 posts
202753 upvotes
GTA
BinaryJay wrote: I got way better results from a db4e vs leaf, and tuners are obsoleted by hdhomerun as far as I'm concerned.
Not exactly direct competitors though, with one being indoor and the other outdoor, so apples to oranges.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
20190 posts
8259 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
toguy wrote: Not exactly direct competitors though, with one being indoor and the other outdoor, so apples to oranges.
While true, there is nothing stopping you from using a db4e inside out of sight behind a TV or something. My set up is that I put the db4e maybe 12 feet up on my detached garage and have it connected to hdhomerun and using powerline ethernet to get to the network inside. Works pretty well... I was too lazy to properly mount to the chimney or something but didn't need to in the end.
Member
User avatar
Aug 10, 2013
231 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
If one is thinking of going Over-The-Air (OTA) Digital Television ? I would say either get an Antenna Direct DB8e or DB4e ( on the roof ) like I have and enjoy 25+ channels for free in the GTA west areas . I said good bye to Rogers or Bell many years ago and will never go back ... 25 channels and the internet is all I need ....

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)