Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] HP Stream 14 - $199

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 9:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2233 posts
728 upvotes
pongster wrote: is this really slow???
it's a netbook. it will run 1 tab or 1 text app at a time perfectly fine. it is probably not for anyone smart enough to be reading this website. but maybe it's perfect for one of their parents who does nothing except read their email and then check the weather. it would work for school if all they're doing is writing notes.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5361 posts
4948 upvotes
shwab wrote: The N4000 is literally 100% faster than the N3060. May get different results with this machine.
This machine has the N3060, NOT the N4000.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1219 posts
856 upvotes
Hamilton
repatch wrote: This machine has the N3060, NOT the N4000.
Do you actually have this model?

Every other website (Mikes, Amazon, Tiger Direct) and HP itself have this model # with a N4000.

Given the regular price of $400 in the MS Store, which is inline with what other retailers are selling it for, makes me think it's an error in the MS Store listing for the processor.
Sr. Member
Feb 5, 2008
974 posts
298 upvotes
Fraser Valley
shwab wrote: Do you actually have this model?

Every other website (Mikes, Amazon, Tiger Direct) and HP itself have this model # with a N4000.

Given the regular price of $400 in the MS Store, which is inline with what other retailers are selling it for, makes me think it's an error in the MS Store listing for the processor.
I'm hoping its a N4000. I can't seem to find a model number on the Microsoft Store site.

EDIT: NM, I found it! The specs are stating Celeron N4000 on the 14-cb161ms
Last edited by FrostyButters on Sep 9th, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1219 posts
856 upvotes
Hamilton
FrostyButters wrote: I'm hoping its a N4000. I can't seem to find a model number on the Microsoft Store site.
It's under tech specs on the bottom next to "Other".
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11839 posts
3165 upvotes
Scarberia
shwab wrote:
It's under tech specs on the bottom next to "Other".
Ya let's hope is n4000 with win10 home 64..would this run faster if I do win10 pro?

Mike's computer site lists specs with gigabit ethernet tooThumbs Up Sign

 Part number: 4FG48UA#ABA Manufacturer: HP Inc.

HP Stream 14-cb100 14-cb161ms 14" LCD Notebook - Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-core (2 Core) 1.10 GHz - 4GB DDR4 SDRAM - 64GB Flash Memory - Windows 10 Home in S mode - 1920 x 1080 - BrightView, In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology - Snow White - Intel UHD Graphics 600 DDR4 SDRAM - Bluetooth - IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac - Gigabit Ethernet - Network (RJ-45) - HDMI - 2 x USB 3.1 Ports

English Language
Last edited by mikka2017 on Sep 9th, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2009
2375 posts
1219 upvotes
Winnipeg
mikka2017 wrote: Ya let's hope is n4000 with win10 home 64..would this run faster if I do win10 pro?
It will run faster if you set minimum processor speed to 2.6GHz
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1219 posts
856 upvotes
Hamilton
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: It will run faster if you set minimum processor speed to 2.6GHz
Previous Stream's have been fanless, you may want to be careful with that.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11839 posts
3165 upvotes
Scarberia
FrostyWinnipeg wrote:
It will run faster if you set minimum processor speed to 2.6GHz
How do set up that mode? In bios or windows tia

BTW n5000 cpu is 100% faster then n4000
N4000 is 100%faster then N3060!
Last edited by mikka2017 on Sep 9th, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jr. Member
Jan 29, 2008
180 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
Hp stream was on sale at labour day sale week back . That one came with amd a4-9120 dual core . How would that compare to this deal with intel ? Just hoping for some professional feedback . Thanks
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2009
2375 posts
1219 upvotes
Winnipeg
mikka2017 wrote: How do set up that mode? In bios or windows tia
In Windows. Start, Edit Power Plan, Change advanced power settings, expand Processor power management, expand Minimum processor state
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11839 posts
3165 upvotes
Scarberia
smokie2069 wrote: Hp stream was on sale at labour day sale week back . That one came with amd a4-9120 dual core . How would that compare to this deal with intel ? Just hoping for some professional feedback . Thanks
N4000 is 35% faster from google cpu world bench
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11839 posts
3165 upvotes
Scarberia
I might just keep it in s mode! My mom won't get any viruses!!!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>

Top