Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Microsoft Store] HP Stream Mini 200-010 Signature Edition (back in stock) $197 edu

  • Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2015 10:26 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Feb 7, 2014
305 posts
258 upvotes
Kitchener

[Microsoft Store] HP Stream Mini 200-010 Signature Edition (back in stock) $197 edu

Deal Link:
HP Stream Mini 200-010 Signature Edition Desktop is back in stock for $219 or $197 from the educational store.
it comes with ,200GB OneDrive storage for 2 years, a $25 Windows Store gift card, and wired keyboard and mouse.
Amazon is selling the same device for $249 here:
http://www.amazon.ca/Hewlett-Packard-K5 ... tream+Mini

Good luck
54 replies
Banned
User avatar
Sep 13, 2012
2673 posts
786 upvotes
Everytime I see this posted I think this is the small profile laptop they sell.

Then I click and I'm disappointed.
Aim to be a better man than you were, rather than best those around you.
-Uncredited
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
12138 posts
4972 upvotes
glassandmonocle wrote: Everytime I see this posted I think this is the small profile laptop they sell.

Then I click and I'm disappointed.
It's actually a really good PC - nothing really disappointing about it. For basic functions and web browsing it's getting lots of use in our home.
Banned
User avatar
Sep 13, 2012
2673 posts
786 upvotes
I agree and people won't be disappointed for what it does.

It's just me and my thought process.
Aim to be a better man than you were, rather than best those around you.
-Uncredited
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3252 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
Will make an amazing kodi/genesis box with openelec on it.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11832 posts
2654 upvotes
Wish MS offers a Win Pro version for $50 more. Pro pack costs $139 each :(
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 9, 2005
8295 posts
644 upvotes
ShylocK wrote: Will make an amazing kodi/genesis box with openelec on it.
If that's all you want pi 2 is a cheaper solution. ;)
Heatware: 36-0-0
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2248 upvotes
Canadia
glassandmonocle wrote: Everytime I see this posted I think this is the small profile laptop they sell.

Then I click and I'm disappointed.
Their 11" laptop is only $224. I'm sure you can scrape together the extra $30 if you try. :D
Sr. Member
Dec 1, 2003
757 posts
38 upvotes
haihai wrote: HP Stream Mini 200-010 Signature Edition Desktop is back in stock for $219 or $197 from the educational store.
it comes with ,200GB OneDrive storage for 2 years, a $25 Windows Store gift card, and wired keyboard and mouse.
Amazon is selling the same device for $249 here:
http://www.amazon.ca/Hewlett-Packard-K5 ... tream+Mini

Good luck
This is actually the "200-010" signature edition as well, as opposed to the "200-009" model sold most other Canadian retailers, including Mike's Computer Shop, where I got mine. I'm not sure what the differences are, but someone here speculated that perhaps the signature edition is the same as the US one, including a US keyboard instead of a Canadian bilingual one like the 200-009 model includes.

This is an awesome little box to use as an HTPC, both Kodi (XBMC) and Plex work great on it.
Sr. Member
Sep 5, 2006
655 posts
474 upvotes
Calgary
I tried to "make due" with an Android TV box hooked up to the TV. It could do everything I needed it to, but some stuff wasn't really up to par for me. Having this box with the Plex client, Chrome, TeamViewer, Spotify, and Steam (mostly for remote play) just seems like a much better experience. I think I'm totally hooked on having full desktop chrome with all the useful plugins like uBlock, LastPass, AutoPagerize, Ratings Preview for Youtube, and RES.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5824 upvotes
Burlington
For this mini, you will be able to upgrade ram AND ssd. I don't think the ones with eMMC are good for upgrade, which is a down to me. I am hoping for this to drop to $150. I think that's a perfect price point.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 5, 2008
758 posts
288 upvotes
CANADA
konsensei wrote: For this mini, you will be able to upgrade ram AND ssd. I don't think the ones with eMMC are good for upgrade, which is a down to me. I am hoping for this to drop to $150. I think that's a perfect price point.
has it been confirmed that SSD is upgradeable?

do you have any links/source?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
4241 posts
3941 upvotes
East GTA
projectrs2 wrote: has it been confirmed that SSD is upgradeable?

do you have any links/source?
It already has an SSD drive, so it is upradeable to I believe 500 GB (if not more). The RAM is very specific though, there is a review on YouTube with a guy who notes the type of RAM needed. I think I read it can go up to 8 GB.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 5, 2008
758 posts
288 upvotes
CANADA
redkulat wrote: It already has an SSD drive, so it is upradeable to I believe 500 GB (if not more). The RAM is very specific though, there is a review on YouTube with a guy who notes the type of RAM needed. I think I read it can go up to 8 GB.
Oh, I see what you mean.

Just to clarify for others, I believe he's referring to the Micro SATA SSDs, not the regular SATA SSD
Member
User avatar
Aug 10, 2013
231 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Problem with this item is it maker . HP is total garbage
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 16, 2012
1310 posts
663 upvotes
EDMONTON
Put the time machine jokes aside, was this selling for less a few months back?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 28, 2014
675 posts
291 upvotes
neo1973 wrote: If that's all you want pi 2 is a cheaper solution. ;)
The pi 2 will need a ir receiver/remote a WiFi card and a SD card. With those added in you are better off getting a nexus player which I've tested to run kodi extremely well
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
12138 posts
4972 upvotes
Smart86 wrote: Problem with this item is it maker . HP is total garbage
So far I have zero complaints. Boots up in seconds and runs smooth for basic tasks and web. Zero noise. Love it.

Top