Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Red - $69.99 + HST + 1% Ebates/3% Honey - OOS

Oct 19, 2019
235 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
How is this keyboard compare to the redragon 552? Is the red switch much quieter than the blue switch?
Aug 19, 2011
240 posts
118 upvotes
JLu416 wrote: In case anyone was looking for quieter keys and don't care for RGB: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... h/10753834

I know it says it's only $4 off but it was $99 just last week when I was checking. CCC also shows that price and $76 is just 10% off the lowest price. Not bad imo.
I really wish there was a tenkeyless version of that board. I'd be all over it.
Dec 29, 2013
83 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
I bought XBOX GCs then realized I need a keyboard with a number pad ... smh
Jul 21, 2016
776 posts
1396 upvotes
towers229 wrote: I bought one because it was a mechanical cherry red tenkeyless keyboard from a company I'm familiar with (love the Hyper X headphones) for under $100.

Ticks a lot of boxes.
I read that as "Licks a lot of boxes" and legit brainstormed for 30 secondes how licking a lot of boxes was relevant to a keyboard. Lol.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  / \
   | |
  _/ ¯ \_
🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂
Apr 21, 2015
291 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary, AB
InvaIid wrote: I read that as "Licks a lot of boxes" and legit brainstormed for 30 secondes how licking a lot of boxes was relevant to a keyboard. Lol.
I mean let's be real.. If a keyboard helped me lick a lot of boxes I'd buy the entire damn stock.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1120 posts
869 upvotes
TORONTO
Desperadude wrote: This one seems to be a better deal ?
https://www.staples.ca/products/2959413 ... 03100-r3u1
Depends on your use case.

OP's MX red switch; yours is razer mechanical green (loud, clicky, roughly like mx blue)
OP's tenkeyless, meaning narrower without number pad, more space for mouse movement; Yours is full keyboard.
OP's N Key Roll-Over; yours 10 Key Roll-Over.
OP's full steel frame.

I'd say OP's is superior in every way in terms of gaming.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3230 posts
724 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the Corsair K68 RBG Mechanical keyboard from Best Buy for $99.99 yesterday. It’s refurbished but manufacture refurbished. Runs like brand new.
Apr 21, 2015
291 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ssjlancer wrote: This gigabyte with a numpad often goes on sale for $49.99. It was on sale for $29.99 at one point but that was before covid(theres a thread here)
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX80597
No stock at the moment though.
Still not tenkeyless but a great keyboard nonetheless. Got one for my gf that plays Overwatch and The Sims and she loves it.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10954 posts
7330 upvotes
Oil Country
Great keyboard... been using one at work for the past couple of years. BTW, Amazon's put it on sale for $64.99 a bunch of times. Might be worth the wait. It $5 isn't going to make or break you, then the MS deal is pretty good.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4981 posts
1692 upvotes
Debtario
EDIT: never mind, this is amazon renewed... so just a refurb. Didn't notice that initially, quite sneaky

Razer huntsman is $95 right now, was 106 back in April. Full RGB and optical switches, never tried them but heard good things

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KKMR878
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2675 posts
1813 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Thanks, dudes and dudettes. I was looking for a keyboard for a PC build I'm doing, and with the discount Microsoft gift cards from Costco it turned out to be fairly decent. Was good also that I was able to spend some dollars I had on an outstanding Costco gift card. :-)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Dec 29, 2013
610 posts
324 upvotes
Montr
wahabk1234 wrote: Anyone have thoughts between the HyperX vs this Razer?
From my research the Razer seems a better choice for work and HyperX for gaming

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)