Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Red - $69.99 + HST + 1% Ebates/3% Honey - OOS

Jun 30, 2019
134 posts
312 upvotes
Got myself the Redragon 582 from canada computers for 55$, solid built kb
May 22, 2013
40 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
JLu416 wrote: This product is both unavailable in store and online...
And totally different. One is linear cherry reds, the other is razer clicky greens
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1528 posts
174 upvotes
Keyboard with such a long name better be good :lol
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2011 posts
316 upvotes
solid price and doesn't hurt the wallet too much that I can risk desoldering the switches off and trying new ones.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Oct 28, 2015
491 posts
116 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
for xbox live gift card purchase, are they instantaneous? say you buy one now through costco, and immediately after purchase, can you use it right away with the MS ?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7384 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Expensive
No numeric keypad
No wireless
No french
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Feb 13, 2012
210 posts
104 upvotes
Greater Sudbury
ALLCAPS wrote: Thanks, dudes and dudettes. I was looking for a keyboard for a PC build I'm doing, and with the discount Microsoft gift cards from Costco it turned out to be fairly decent. Was good also that I was able to spend some dollars I had on an outstanding Costco gift card. :-)
Someone was watching tmnt lol
Apr 8, 2007
264 posts
70 upvotes
L4cky wrote: Expensive
No numeric keypad
No wireless
No french
I guess it's your opinion that some of those points are a negative. Personally no numeric keypad and no annoying French layout are positives. But would conceded wireless would be nice but it doesn't look to be a common thing on mechanical keyboards and really not a real issue unless you just really want a clean desk.

I'm considering getting a mechanical tkl board for work. I don't game and haven't owned a mechanical keyboard before. So it's only going to be used to type on. I do want tenkeyless. I was thinking that cherry browns would be what I want, some tactile feedback. I would also like as quiet as possible.

With this being reds I take it probably not the right fit?
Oct 28, 2015
491 posts
116 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
sid8tive wrote: Yes exactly. And it stacks with ebates/honey.

The GCs become MS Store $ when redeemed. And that balance can be used to buy anything on the store!
How many gift card to purchase for this deal?
[OP]
Aug 20, 2007
63 posts
191 upvotes
Markham
Get $75 worth. Any more you will end up with excess.

You end up paying around $4 out of your own CC.
Dec 29, 2013
84 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
I already bought the GC then had second thoughts because there is no numberpad Crying Face
[OP]
Aug 20, 2007
63 posts
191 upvotes
Markham
drumcode wrote: I already bought the GC then had second thoughts because there is no numberpad Crying Face
No refunds at Costco? Or sell it on RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1009 posts
989 upvotes
Blainville, QC
solariseclipse wrote: Get $75 worth. Any more you will end up with excess.

You end up paying around $4 out of your own CC.
This. Also, the $50 GC has the most % discount (~10%) compared to the $25/75/100 (~9%).
Oct 28, 2015
491 posts
116 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
drumcode wrote: I already bought the GC then had second thoughts because there is no numberpad Crying Face
Is the giftcard instantenous or they have to be shipped to your address? thanks
Aug 11, 2014
236 posts
144 upvotes
I bought this exact keyboard in summer 2018 from Amazon and I found that the LCtrl, Win, LAlt, 2, and 7 keys had a weird "catch" on the way down that would make the keypress not smooth at all only when pressing those keys.

I exchanged it for an identical keyboard and found the same issue on almost the same keys, so not sure if it was a poor batch or some other reason.

Other than that issue I am very satisfied with the keyboard.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)