Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

[Microsoft Store] Lenovo Flex 14-inch Full HD touchscreen • Intel i5 8th Gen • 8GB memory/128GB SSD $649

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 12:43 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
3946 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
cag_73 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:21 pm
Any recommended pen for this laptop. Any deals in BF sale
I ordered an active pen from amazon last night, received by today. I did not go with the second gen as it didn't say it is compatible with Flex 6.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
1756 posts
276 upvotes
This is quiet disappointing. How many of these MS had available online? 5?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1415 posts
64 upvotes
bfong099 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:07 pm
Just received notice my order was cancelled...
Oh no...which order was cancelled?
May 28, 2017
22 posts
14 upvotes
I used a P.O. Box (Canada Post ship to store) to avoid it being left on my doorstop.and now the code is no longer valid. Well done, all others who ordered.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1415 posts
64 upvotes
bfong099 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 1:29 pm
I used a P.O. Box (Canada Post ship to store) to avoid it being left on my doorstop.and now the code is no longer valid. Well done, all others who ordered.
I can’t get yogasurprse to work :(
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
13142 posts
1469 upvotes
Out west
bfong099 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:07 pm
Just received notice my order was cancelled...
They did that to me tiwce this spring, on the same XPS laptop. I got a $50 credit for each issue.

Trusting Microsoft stock numbers less and less
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
46 posts
28 upvotes
rui wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:40 pm
I ordered an active pen from amazon last night, received by today. I did not go with the second gen as it didn't say it is compatible with Flex 6.
Which one did you get for this Lenovo, can you send me a link if possible, not sure which one to get. Also how much was it. Thanks
Dec 26, 2010
825 posts
165 upvotes
Markham
Arkaine wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 8:11 am
Curious why this is a great deal? Are the Yoga’s build quality much better than the flex?
I noticed that it needs an adapter for HDMI.
1. Larger NVMe drive (256GB)
2. Thunderbolt 3, Flex 14 is just type-c (doesn't indicate if it support DP alt mode)
3. Lighter than OP's flex 14 by 1lbs
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
3946 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
Dealfinder587 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 2:37 pm
Which one did you get for this Lenovo, can you send me a link if possible, not sure which one to get. Also how much was it. Thanks
Lenovo Active Pen
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
[OP]
Dec 29, 2017
182 posts
130 upvotes
QUALITY UPDATE
So I had this laptop so far for 2 days. Overall a good design and quality is decent. I have found one minor problem, which I am not sure if it's just affecting my laptop or other flex 6 models.
Basically, when you open and close the laptop the hinges are pretty tights, this leads for the actual screen panel to bend a little (even though we can't see those gaps), which often times causes a pop sound because an extremely small gap occurs between the screen and the bezel. The front plate the holds the screen is plastic and pretty flexible, which essentially the root of the problem.

You guys can do a test: Open the laptop with one hand, pinch the screen on both sides and run it by the perimeter, if there is a small gap it will pop back into place.
May 26, 2014
170 posts
148 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
track2 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:37 pm
QUALITY UPDATE
So I had this laptop so far for 2 days. Overall a good design and quality is decent. I have found one minor problem, which I am not sure if it's just affecting my laptop or other flex 6 models.
Basically, when you open and close the laptop the hinges are pretty tights, this leads for the actual screen panel to bend a little (even though we can't see those gaps), which often times causes a pop sound because an extremely small gap occurs between the screen and the bezel. The front plate the holds the screen is plastic and pretty flexible, which essentially the root of the problem.

You guys can do a test: Open the laptop with one hand, pinch the screen on both sides and run it by the perimeter, if there is a small gap it will pop back into place.
I have definitely noticed that the hinges are pretty tight and the screen flexes when opening, but I do not have any misalignment or popping sounds.
[OP]
Dec 29, 2017
182 posts
130 upvotes
Originally I haven't noticed the popping sounds. It was random, I opened the laptop and ran my fingers around the border and on the right side of the screen (in the middle) the small gap develops between the bezel and the plastic panel.