Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

littleBits Electronic Kits - Gizmos and Gadgets - $99.95

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 11:07 am
Jun 12, 2006
65 posts
177 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] littleBits Electronic Kits - Gizmos and Gadgets - $99.95

littleBits creates electronics kits for kids (8-15 years old).
If you are looking for one of these kits, the Microsoft store is selling them for about half the price of every other vendor. The kits are not on sale so unsure why the pricing is so low. It is even lower than the direct pricing (littlebits.cc).

Microsoft does not carry every kit but here are links to some of the kits they sell.

Gizmos & Gadgets Kit 2nd Edition - $99.95
This kit is $260 at Walmart.ca

Rule Your Room Kit - $49.95
This kit is $130 at Walmart.ca

Arduino Coding Kit - $49.95
This kit is also $130 at Walmart.ca

Some kits are sold out online but all are easily available in-store.
Last edited by freebiefinder on Nov 29th, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
Hm, what's a good starter kit for for kids to get into coding? I was considering Kano but this looks intriguing too.
Jun 12, 2006
65 posts
177 upvotes
Kano is currently on sale at Best Buy but sold out online and in GTA.

littleBits kits are more geared towards electronics, rather than coding.

Another coding option for kids that you might look at is Piper Computer kits. These kits are quite expensive though...
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
freebiefinder wrote: Kano is currently on sale at Best Buy but sold out online and in GTA.

littleBits kits are more geared towards electronics, rather than coding.

Another coding option for kids that you might look at is Piper Computer kits. These kits are quite expensive though...
Looking for the newest Kano, which is the "Complete Computer Kit" but can't find it anywhere.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
warrenz wrote: Check at chapters/indigo.

Currently in stock online...
Thanks but that's the older version. The newer version comes with the tablet/screen...yes, it's more expensive but it's more portable and convenient (so it doesn't need to connect to the computer /tv screen).

If anyone is interested in the version (Kano Computer Kit) without the screen, wait for the 25% off and the price would be $149.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2171 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
vtse wrote: Hm, what's a good starter kit for for kids to get into coding? I was considering Kano but this looks intriguing too.
Do you want your kids to learn coding in general or you want a kit for them to build/code?

If it's the former, you don't need a kit per se. You can use websites/resources such as Scratch (developed by MIT) or CodeMonkey or Hour of Code (designed by the US).

Hour of Code has Minecraft coding and other basic programming functions.

Scratch - you can make/code your own games.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
Dragon120 wrote: Do you want your kids to learn coding in general or you want a kit for them to build/code?

If it's the former, you don't need a kit per se. You can use websites/resources such as Scratch (developed by MIT) or CodeMonkey or Hour of Code (designed by the US).

Hour of Code has Minecraft coding and other basic programming functions.

Scratch - you can make/code your own games.
Thanks, I was aiming for more of the coding side of things and I thought having something they can play with would peek the interest more compared to sitting in front of a computer and doing things all digitally. She loves Minecraft so I may start her off there and see what sort of interest level she has.
Apr 28, 2007
356 posts
201 upvotes
Regina
Dragon120 wrote: Thanks but that's the older version. The newer version comes with the tablet/screen...yes, it's more expensive but it's more portable and convenient (so it doesn't need to connect to the computer /tv screen).

If anyone is interested in the version (Kano Computer Kit) without the screen, wait for the 25% off and the price would be $149.
They have both, take a look.
Apr 7, 2007
852 posts
474 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP. I picked this up for my 8 year old daughter for XMas from the Microsoft Store in Calgary. They had the Kanos on sale too.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
Dragon120 wrote: Looking for the newest Kano, which is the "Complete Computer Kit" but can't find it anywhere.
Kano gives the OS for free so if you have a kB and mouse already then just buy yourself a raspberry pi and go to town. Oh you'll also need an monitor I guess but you can probably get all this stuff cheap on Kijiji.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
wow, this kit is off the wall! amazing
Nov 30, 2012
560 posts
737 upvotes
Burnaby
Tx OP. Just grabbed the Gizmos and the Rule Your Room sets from Metrotown. A couple sets of the Gizmos and a bunch of the other two still there.