Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] [Meta] Microsoft Store Canada Black Friday sneak preview is up

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 5:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1129 posts
1085 upvotes
Blainville, QC

[Microsoft Store] [Meta] Microsoft Store Canada Black Friday sneak preview is up

The deal previews are up. Seems like the usual.

Also: "This holiday season, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S will be in very limited supply and will not be part of our Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Check out our other great deals available now."
30 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2263 posts
510 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
No deals on the Surface Pro 7? Odd.
Sep 14, 2007
18 posts
8 upvotes
Will the Sonos soundbars also have the 150$ off?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4698 posts
1112 upvotes
Scarborough
RandomSanity wrote: No deals on the Surface Pro 7? Odd.
It's already $300 off now, so I'm assuming they are keeping the same deal. Wish they offered a better deal though as I'm in need of a new Surface Pro.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2263 posts
510 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
GateGuardian wrote: It's already $300 off now, so I'm assuming they are keeping the same deal. Wish they offered a better deal though as I'm in need of a new Surface Pro.
I think it's ALWAYS $300 off, or at least it has been for the past six months as I've been keeping an eye on it. I assumed they would have better deals on Black Friday. My Surface Pro 3 hard drive died and I can't find anyone who can replace them.. plus Microsoft wants $500 to trade it in for a used one, which is a pretty bad deal.
Jun 25, 2009
23 posts
6 upvotes
My Surface Pro 3 hard drive died and I can't find anyone who can replace them.. plus Microsoft wants $500 to trade it in for a used one, which is a pretty bad deal.
They are a huge pain to get too. Basically you need to replace the screen and digitizer at the same time. That's about $200 for that part alone from ebay. I ended up doing my own. I believe i used a tutorial from ifixit.
Mar 7, 2011
102 posts
158 upvotes
Ottawa
It doesn't look like there are any great deals. Regardless, thanks for posting OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1085 posts
2391 upvotes
Toronto
It's a shame that all of their stores closed down.

They were particularly helpful during the holiday season and the BF/BD sale days.

Not to mention the door crashers they would have every year.
Sep 13, 2011
903 posts
551 upvotes
Québec
jdossantos wrote: It doesn't look like there are any great deals. Regardless, thanks for posting OP.
Asus TUF FX505DT-WB72 for 799 seem a good deal to me.
Nov 16, 2011
120 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
elgros4 wrote: Asus TUF FX505DT-WB72 for 799 seem a good deal to me.

i need a gamer's input. How good is this computer and price? I am considering buying this for my son. He plays mostly online games (lol) with friends

Thanks in advance!
May 23, 2020
19 posts
30 upvotes
StewieGriffith wrote: i need a gamer's input. How good is this computer and price? I am considering buying this for my son. He plays mostly online games (lol) with friends

Thanks in advance!
799 is a solid price. The GTX 1650 graphics card is good for most games especially with that screen. It is a “good enough” unit and especially in that price range you will not be able to get much more from what I’ve seen. New GPUs might get a bit more performance but their release date is currently unknown.
Nov 16, 2011
120 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Yudhishthira wrote: 799 is a solid price. The GTX 1650 graphics card is good for most games especially with that screen. It is a “good enough” unit and especially in that price range you will not be able to get much more from what I’ve seen. New GPUs might get a bit more performance but their release date is currently unknown.
thanks for the info!
Jul 23, 2019
11 posts
12 upvotes
StewieGriffith wrote: i need a gamer's input. How good is this computer and price? I am considering buying this for my son. He plays mostly online games (lol) with friends

Thanks in advance!
I think the deal is just OK. I have a similar model with the Ryzen 3 3550h I bought last year for from the MS store for $550 due to a pricing error. I think they forgot to convert the currency from $550 US to CAD. For $800 on sale I feel like the price has not really dropped despite being over a year old and new updated models came out a few months ago. But this might also reflect Covid pricing.

This laptop does run hot. The cpu can hit 90c + (which is below the 105c limit) despite redoing thermal paste.

With 8GB RAM only 6GB is available due to the integrated GPU reserving 2GB. You may need to upgrade the RAM with another 8GB stick to get the system to run in dual channel for better gaming performance.

The 256GB m2 SSD is fine for the OS but I did install an extra SATA SSD for games. 256GB can easily be filled given the size of modern AAA games.

There is no quick access to the RAM and SATA slot so full removal of the bottom part of the chassis is required if you decide to make any of those upgrades.

This laptop will run new AAA games at medium to high GFX settings.
Sep 13, 2011
903 posts
551 upvotes
Québec
Bustincapps wrote: I think the deal is just OK. I have a similar model with the Ryzen 3 3550h I bought last year for from the MS store for $550 due to a pricing error. I think they forgot to convert the currency from $550 US to CAD. For $800 on sale I feel like the price has not really dropped despite being over a year old and new updated models came out a few months ago. But this might also reflect Covid pricing.

This laptop does run hot. The cpu can hit 90c + (which is below the 105c limit) despite redoing thermal paste.

With 8GB RAM only 6GB is available due to the integrated GPU reserving 2GB. You may need to upgrade the RAM with another 8GB stick to get the system to run in dual channel for better gaming performance.

The 256GB m2 SSD is fine for the OS but I did install an extra SATA SSD for games. 256GB can easily be filled given the size of modern AAA games.

There is no quick access to the RAM and SATA slot so full removal of the bottom part of the chassis is required if you decide to make any of those upgrades.

the product has : 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB dedicated graphics memory'
Jul 23, 2019
11 posts
12 upvotes
elgros4 wrote: the product has : 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB dedicated graphics memory'
Yes this model has both a dedicated GTX 1650 and an AMD Ryzen™ 7 3750H Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics. During gaming the laptop will use the GTX 1650. For lighter GPU tasks the laptop will use the integrated Vega graphics on the CPU which uses 2GB of system RAM that can not be unallocated.
Nov 16, 2011
120 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Bustincapps wrote: I think the deal is just OK. I have a similar model with the Ryzen 3 3550h I bought last year for from the MS store for $550 due to a pricing error. I think they forgot to convert the currency from $550 US to CAD. For $800 on sale I feel like the price has not really dropped despite being over a year old and new updated models came out a few months ago. But this might also reflect Covid pricing.

Appreciate the input! Thanks!
Sep 13, 2011
903 posts
551 upvotes
Québec
Bustincapps wrote: Yes this model has both a dedicated GTX 1650 and an AMD Ryzen™ 7 3750H Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics. During gaming the laptop will use the GTX 1650. For lighter GPU tasks the laptop will use the integrated Vega graphics on the CPU which uses 2GB of system RAM that can not be unallocated.
Maybe it can locked in the bios or a driver ? I did that with my old asus wich I used with the power cord. On battery, it would kill it, but plugged in I want performance without compromise.
Sep 27, 2007
346 posts
461 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
Asus TUF is coming with an r7-3750h not the newest ones..so the deal is not that great..old stock they want to get rid of
Jun 8, 2008
699 posts
172 upvotes
Cold, they spiked the H2GO speaker price to normal...