Expired Hot Deals

Microsoft Store

Microsoft Build Discounts (Software upto 80% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2020 10:36 am
May 2, 2015
571 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I already have 3 years of personal. if I apply one year of 'home' key to this account, how will it be activated? any idea?
May 3, 2016
774 posts
568 upvotes
elty wrote: I just mistakenly thought the family sub is $30 instead of $20.
Technically you weren't wrong - its $20USD - approx $30CAD
Dec 11, 2008
987 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Here's the contents of the email.

We’re sharing our employee discount with you!
50-80% off MSRP on all things digital. This includes Windows, Office, Xbox Game Pass, and Xbox Live subscriptions.
Receive $5 off your first purchase. You can purchase a maximum of $250 at heavily discounted employee prices.
Thanks for attending Microsoft Build!

Here are your login details:
Pass Id: (The contact email address associated with your registration)
Password: (the email will show a password here)

http://stats.microsoft.regsvc.com/ls/cl ... Fsj-2B5S79
Feb 12, 2006
361 posts
73 upvotes
Laval
Got myself 10 years of xbox live Face With Tears Of Joy
Now they won't need to use my account
Dec 11, 2008
987 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
BTW, if you click on the details on the $250USD limit, there's an annual limit which resets on June 30 (Microsoft year end).

Purchase Limit - $250.00 USD*

The purchase limit is the maximum amount (of your own money) that you can spend on digital downloads (Windows, Office, Xbox games, and Xbox Live). The purchase limit has no cash value, and expires at the end of Microsoft's fiscal year (June 30th). Your friend or family can renew your purchase balance at the beginning of a fiscal year, by logging into the Company Store homepage.
Last edited by Canuck_TO on Jun 15th, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 2, 2015
571 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Canuck_TO wrote: BTW, if you on the details on the $250USD limit, there's an annual limit which resets on June 30 (Microsoft year end).

Purchase Limit - $250.00 USD*

The purchase limit is the maximum amount (of your own money) that you can spend on digital downloads (Windows, Office, Xbox games, and Xbox Live). The purchase limit has no cash value, and expires at the end of Microsoft's fiscal year (June 30th). Your friend or family can renew your purchase balance at the beginning of a fiscal year, by logging into the Company Store homepage.
good point. does that mean we will get another $250 limit after June 30th?
Dec 11, 2008
987 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
trijunction wrote: good point. does that mean we will get another $250 limit after June 30th?
It sure looks like it.
I wouldn't hold off on making a purchase though. just in case you miss the June 30'th window.

A definite bonus for getting discounted MS products annually.
I did not expect this when I signed up for and attended the virtual conference.
Dec 11, 2008
987 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
How do you stack subscriptions like Office 365 Family Pack?

If I buy 2 Office 365 Family Packs will it automatically extend the subscription to 2 years or do I have to contact someone at Microsoft?
Dec 9, 2007
87 posts
21 upvotes
Canuck_TO wrote: How do you stack subscriptions like Office 365 Family Pack?

If I buy 2 Office 365 Family Packs will it automatically extend the subscription to 2 years or do I have to contact someone at Microsoft?
You will be given 2 separate activation codes / links. It can stack your office 365 subscription to 2 years, and you can either do it from the link in the email when you purchase or use the code from email at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem and can stack to a maximum of 5 years.
Nov 10, 2018
8 posts
Is there a benefit of paying the extra premium to get the family subscription instead of the personal if I am just one person without a family to share? If I get the family subscription can I use all 6 TB on onedrive to myself?
May 2, 2015
571 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
greycauliflower wrote: Is there a benefit of paying the extra premium to get the family subscription instead of the personal if I am just one person without a family to share? If I get the family subscription can I use all 6 TB on onedrive to myself?
storage is tied to email accounts. you can .. if you can operate all 6 accounts and give access to all 6 accounts to files on their respective drives.

separate point.. one person with TBs of data.. hmm.. only one thing comes to my mind ;-)
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1661 posts
441 upvotes
So if I get a new machine can I transfer the Office license to it?
Dec 11, 2008
987 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Squeeky wrote: So if I get a new machine can I transfer the Office license to it?
Yes and if you remove the Office from the old machine before the install on the new machine you should be fine.

If you're keeping the old machine you could have a problem. When you add the license to the new machine you will either get an error on the old machine, when you run Office, asking you to verify the account and login and/or you will get the same prompt on the new machine, again.
You can ping pong like this between both machines for a bit but eventually it will cause you to have authentication issues because you will have exhausted the number automatic reauthentications that the server will allow. End result, you will then have to manually authenticate, usually by phoning in.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2640 posts
2895 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Don't forget to add 40% to the prices for Canadian dollars
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1376 posts
1152 upvotes
Toronto
Is this still alive? when I click the link its asking me for an email address.

I'm interested in MS Office - a one time purchase that wont nag me for product keys - ideally for two computers. At least one for sure. Whats the best deal? thank you!
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Dec 6, 2012
249 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto
Canuck_TO wrote: It sure looks like it.
I wouldn't hold off on making a purchase though. just in case you miss the June 30'th window.

A definite bonus for getting discounted MS products annually.
I did not expect this when I signed up for and attended the virtual conference.
You were right. I spent $60 on Xbox Gold pass and game in June and when I signed in again today, my purchase limit is showing as full $250.
Question now is if the access will expire on August 1st as mentioned in the original email. If not, that would really be a great ongoing deal...Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 14, 2018
176 posts
190 upvotes
I did contact them about the expiry date a while back and this is what they replied:

Hi,

It appears that the membership will be good until July 31st, 2020.

After your membership does expire you will still have access to the store to view your previous orders, but will not be able to make new purchases for software and games.

Thank you,

Customer Success Team | eCompanyStore, LLC.

(D) 877.588.8932 (F) 678.942.3158

Of course, we can always hope for a bug ;)
Dec 11, 2008
987 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
torwizard wrote: You were right. I spent $60 on Xbox Gold pass and game in June and when I signed in again today, my purchase limit is showing as full $250.
Question now is if the access will expire on August 1st as mentioned in the original email. If not, that would really be a great ongoing deal...Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Wait, what?
When I was looking through all of the details on the account, I couldn't find any details that said that the subscription expires on Augus 1.
From what I saw, it looks like once you're in, you're in.
Dec 11, 2008
987 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Watoko wrote: I did contact them about the expiry date a while back and this is what they replied:

Hi,

It appears that the membership will be good until July 31st, 2020.

After your membership does expire you will still have access to the store to view your previous orders, but will not be able to make new purchases for software and games.

Thank you,

Customer Success Team | eCompanyStore, LLC.

(D) 877.588.8932 (F) 678.942.3158

Of course, we can always hope for a bug ;)

I went looking through the emails that I had received and the "We’re sharing our employee discount with you!" email says that the offer to sign up expires on Aug 1.
Also, I've sent an email to the Microsoft Store support to confirm.
Nov 12, 2003
19 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
This is because MSFT's fiscal year starts on July 1st.
All employee benefits quota reset on July 1st as well.
If your membership is good till July 31st, 2020, the new $250 *should* stick until that date.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Kishin