Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] PowerA MOGA Mobile Gaming Clip for Xbox $12.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 2:16 pm
Jun 2, 2011
453 posts
440 upvotes
biscuits wrote: Amazon has it a bit cheaper. Ebay if not in a rush.
Not this exact one, it's full price on Amazon for same as OP linked.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1426 posts
315 upvotes
Xcloud seems to be phenomenal from my limited experience so far. Kills stadia
Mar 11, 2019
261 posts
245 upvotes
Is the stock xbox controller what you need? Galaxy Note 5 phone work?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1421 posts
729 upvotes
Guelph
Ah thanks op!! I've been waiting for this one to go in sale. Got one off of amazon and the arm isn't fantastic so the phone falls down a lot. I was waiting for the licensed one to go on sale, I don't imagine Microsoft would put their name on something that didn't work.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4538 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
Gbyrd wrote: Xcloud seems to be phenomenal from my limited experience so far. Kills stadia
They're also looking to incorporate touch controls for some games... I played Hellblade on touch controls via xcloud beta, and while it's not the way I'd like to play that kind of game, it could be interesting for smaller indie games or narrative driven games.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4538 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
ATOMANTMAN wrote: Is the stock xbox controller what you need? Galaxy Note 5 phone work?
You'll want to get the controller that supports Bluetooth. The older ones don't.

Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4004 posts
1413 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Slightly off topic but I can’t seem to find the xcloud beta on Shield TV. Anyone know if it’s available or not?
May 24, 2007
588 posts
635 upvotes
Kelowna
I picked this up when it first came out and have played with it tons. It's a great clip (especially at this price) however people should know a few things going into it.

First, it can get heavy fast with a phone on it. The clip allows you to change angles so its important to find the best angle as well as the center of gravity to your hands or your wrists will get sore quickly. It's one of the most versatile in angle options so that's a big plus.

Secondly, I find it easiest to lay it on my lap or a table while I play. Sometimes I'll grab a pillow to get it a little closer to my face and give my wrists a break. The clip also makes a great stand if you want to watch videos or surf the net.

Thirdly, I've played every streaming platform from Stadia, to Geforce Now to xCloud to Steam Link. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. My favorite is streaming from my local computer via Steam Link if I'm home.

Geforce Now was hit or miss. Had the free 3 month pass and used it semi regularly. Found the game selection limiting but quality was usually decent. Waiting for a spot to open and the 40 minute timeout makes the free version suck comparitively. Might open a new account this winter.

Stadia was decent and grabbed a few free games while on the trial but found I couldn't bring myself to rebuy any games I currently owned which makes it very limiting for my uses.

xCloud is pretty awesome. Played using my local Xbox and the cloud version and both run pretty decent. If you have GamePass its a great option for sure.

Local Steam is by far my favorite since I typically own what I enjoy playing and its easy to configure. Just make sure your comp is plugged directly into an ethernet port and can play the games well enough on its own.

As to the rest, having a solid and fast wireless connection to your phone is the most important aspect of using a clip like this. I can barely play on 2.4ghz while 5ghz runs like a dream. Do multiple speed tests from any location you plan to be and pay attention to ping as that can affect gameplay as well.

If you have lots of lag or quality sucks, its almost guaranteed to be your router. If you're using the one supplied by Telus or Shaw or whoever and quality of gaming blows then consider picking up a better router or ask your provider to give you their newest offering.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5980 posts
414 upvotes
Calgary
anyone know if it's 1080p yet? last time i tried the beta it was 720p max. not a big deal if you play on a phone but you really notice on something like an shield...
Jul 31, 2020
717 posts
482 upvotes
Gbyrd wrote: Xcloud seems to be phenomenal from my limited experience so far. Kills stadia
I hope so, stadia is awful.
Jul 31, 2020
717 posts
482 upvotes
Hexxed wrote: I picked this up when it first came out and have played with it tons. It's a great clip (especially at this price) however people should know a few things going into it.

First, it can get heavy fast with a phone on it. The clip allows you to change angles so its important to find the best angle as well as the center of gravity to your hands or your wrists will get sore quickly. It's one of the most versatile in angle options so that's a big plus.

Secondly, I find it easiest to lay it on my lap or a table while I play. Sometimes I'll grab a pillow to get it a little closer to my face and give my wrists a break. The clip also makes a great stand if you want to watch videos or surf the net.

Thirdly, I've played every streaming platform from Stadia, to Geforce Now to xCloud to Steam Link. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. My favorite is streaming from my local computer via Steam Link if I'm home.

Geforce Now was hit or miss. Had the free 3 month pass and used it semi regularly. Found the game selection limiting but quality was usually decent. Waiting for a spot to open and the 40 minute timeout makes the free version suck comparitively. Might open a new account this winter.

Stadia was decent and grabbed a few free games while on the trial but found I couldn't bring myself to rebuy any games I currently owned which makes it very limiting for my uses.

xCloud is pretty awesome. Played using my local Xbox and the cloud version and both run pretty decent. If you have GamePass its a great option for sure.

Local Steam is by far my favorite since I typically own what I enjoy playing and its easy to configure. Just make sure your comp is plugged directly into an ethernet port and can play the games well enough on its own.

As to the rest, having a solid and fast wireless connection to your phone is the most important aspect of using a clip like this. I can barely play on 2.4ghz while 5ghz runs like a dream. Do multiple speed tests from any location you plan to be and pay attention to ping as that can affect gameplay as well.

If you have lots of lag or quality sucks, its almost guaranteed to be your router. If you're using the one supplied by Telus or Shaw or whoever and quality of gaming blows then consider picking up a better router or ask your provider to give you their newest offering.
For me personally, even hard wired steam streaming on both ends was unplayable period. I don’t know how anyone can stand streaming for anything other than maybe a tell tale game. The insane amount of hype for game streaming actually makes me angry, it’s just awful and the way it’s implemented doesn’t even make sense. Game pass works more like Netflix than this server side processing foolishness. I know publishers love the idea of taking all the control and hardware away from the consumer, but media should always be processed client side like we would do with Netflix.
Last edited by Kevcorm on Aug 16th, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 13, 2018
82 posts
126 upvotes
It should kill Stadia. xCloud is limited to 720p at the moment.
Jul 31, 2020
717 posts
482 upvotes
RKD60520 wrote: It should kill Stadia. xCloud is limited to 720p at the moment.
They are both pretty horrible, but you can try them out yourself. The concept itself is deeply flawed, the latest iPhone can already play Fortnite at 60 FPS easily. I think devs need to look into using cross platform apis like Vulcan and just forget about server side bs. I imagine they can have devices access and cache needed game files from the “cloud” and process them client side, that’s how music and video streaming works.
Last edited by Kevcorm on Aug 16th, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1426 posts
315 upvotes
From what I've seen it's probably perfect for people who are currently not in this Gen and want to hop in. And since it's included in ultimate it's awesome.
Jul 31, 2020
717 posts
482 upvotes
Gbyrd wrote: From what I've seen it's probably perfect for people who are currently not in this Gen and want to hop in. And since it's included in ultimate it's awesome.
Who exactly? Current gen consoles can be found for $200 or less.. who is the target audience who would stream instead of using local hardware? It sort of makes sense as an additional option at best, but as a replacement? Am I missing something here? I’ve tried all the streaming options and they are all god awful. Keep in mind someone who can’t afford a console won’t have great internet or a good device to stream to.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1244 posts
415 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: Slightly off topic but I can’t seem to find the xcloud beta on Shield TV. Anyone know if it’s available or not?
The application is only for Android, not AndroidTV.

You should be able to side load it though
Jan 12, 2017
268 posts
208 upvotes
Anyone get halo Mcc to work on xcloud?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19131 posts
5553 upvotes
So, no go if you have an iPhone? Won't fit my Samsung Galaxy tab either? I like the bigger screen as I'm sure to get eyestrain on a 5" screen...
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4538 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: So, no go if you have an iPhone? Won't fit my Samsung Galaxy tab either? I like the bigger screen as I'm sure to get eyestrain on a 5" screen...
Nope, Apple is cracking down on cloud gaming like Stadia and xcloud and also blocking Fortnite, not allowing them on its app store because Apple won't see any money from cloud gaming, and in-game purchases...
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1377 posts
513 upvotes
Midland
Thanks OP! These are well made and a little better than the many cheap knockoffs that exist. I bought these ones when I got into the Beta a while ago. I kept one at work and one at home. Who doesn't have multiple controllers? I love that you don't to install anything when you are streaming. The game loads much faster than using the console, depending on the title. I haven't tried the other streaming products but I am really impressed with the improvements since it was first introduced.