Razer Wolverine TE Gaming Controller - Xbox & PC $99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 9:50 pm
[OP]
Mar 16, 2008
387 posts
672 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] Razer Wolverine TE Gaming Controller - Xbox & PC $99

There was a lightning deal yesterday for the Ultimate Edition. This is the same without 2 extra buttons.
Same price as ATL on Amazon
8 replies
Sep 5, 2005
814 posts
1051 upvotes
On RFD
Costco 89.99$ Regular price.

razer.jpg

Also keep in mind that this is NOT a wireless controller.
Anyway this is a good controller and i'm considering one.
Last edited by Maculosa on Aug 31st, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Mar 16, 2008
387 posts
672 upvotes
Yes, the price is better at Costco but it's not sold online and you have to go to the store to know if they have it stock.
Mar 1, 2009
384 posts
90 upvotes
Been on sale for a while ordered one a few weeks ago. Definitely worth it at this price of you are looking for an alternative to the Elite controller.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1345 posts
3577 upvotes
New Brunswick
Maculosa wrote: Costco 89.99$ Regular price.

razer.jpg

Also keep in mind that this is NOT a wireless controller.
Anyway this is a good controller and i'm considering one.
Not just price; Costco would also be better to deal with for returns if needed.

For the controller, are these the ones that use switches for the buttons? I've found the official MS controllers are notorious for loose buttons that sometimes don't read input
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20174 posts
8226 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
It's not the same as the Ultimate without two buttons. I own both. I got the TE first, and the Ultimate after because I liked the TE so much... now I own two Ultimates. I like these controllers enough to have backups for backups. The ultimate is much better... not just because it has a nice storage case, it also has interchangeable dpad and thumb sticks which come in handy when switching game types ... but I found myself always accidentally pressing the back paddles on the TE so much that I have to disable them completely on the TE but not the Ultimate.

Lack of wireless doesn't bother me much, as I'm on PC and even when I'm playing on the couch the included detachable cables are super long and have quick breakaways on them. I've grown to appreciate not having to change the batteries all the time compared to the official MS controllers. Normally I'd also complain about built in batteries being planned obsolescence devices but at least the MS controllers you can just put AAs in them so at least that part isn't a big deal, but still... I highly recommend these original wolverine controllers, I recommend the Ultimate more, but if you can somehow get used to the paddles on the TE it's still a good choice and I'd take one of those any day over the MS controllers.

And yes, all of the buttons on these are more like the switches on good gaming mice or mechanical keyboards, they have a positive "click" when pressed instead of being mushy. It makes a huge difference in difficult platformers, tetris, or really anything requiring precise sequences of button presses.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1426 posts
1158 upvotes
Gatineau
Got one from costco for 89.99 a few days ago. Great controller for COD
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1118 posts
1004 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: It's not the same as the Ultimate without two buttons. I own both. I got the TE first, and the Ultimate after because I liked the TE so much... now I own two Ultimates. I like these controllers enough to have backups for backups. The ultimate is much better... not just because it has a nice storage case, it also has interchangeable dpad and thumb sticks which come in handy when switching game types ... but I found myself always accidentally pressing the back paddles on the TE so much that I have to disable them completely on the TE but not the Ultimate.

Lack of wireless doesn't bother me much, as I'm on PC and even when I'm playing on the couch the included detachable cables are super long and have quick breakaways on them. I've grown to appreciate not having to change the batteries all the time compared to the official MS controllers. Normally I'd also complain about built in batteries being planned obsolescence devices but at least the MS controllers you can just put AAs in them so at least that part isn't a big deal, but still... I highly recommend these original wolverine controllers, I recommend the Ultimate more, but if you can somehow get used to the paddles on the TE it's still a good choice and I'd take one of those any day over the MS controllers.

And yes, all of the buttons on these are more like the switches on good gaming mice or mechanical keyboards, they have a positive "click" when pressed instead of being mushy. It makes a huge difference in difficult platformers, tetris, or really anything requiring precise sequences of button presses.
I agree the two buttons make a huge difference, and congrats on sniping that 75$ ultimate, I saw it too but I already own an ultimate + elite controller 2, so i didnt go for it haha
Sep 5, 2005
814 posts
1051 upvotes
On RFD
I'm back from Costco and the Razer Wolverine TE Gaming Controller has a 10$ discount, so 79.99$, i got one at that price.
I did not noticed when the discount end, but it should be still active tomorrow at minimum.