Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Microsoft Store- Samsung Ativ Book 5 $499 ($400 off) + $25 WINDOWS APP CARD

Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6494 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com

[Microsoft Store] Microsoft Store- Samsung Ativ Book 5 $499 ($400 off) + $25 WINDOWS APP CARD

Microsoft Store has the Samsung Ativ Book 5 model (NP540U4E-K01US) for $499.00 after $400 off. Plus you get a bonus $25 Windows app card. While the deal may not be as hot as the $399 Dell 15z, it's still pretty decent considering the Dell is now out of stock. Considering Samsung is usually better quality than Dell (In my opinion) it seems rather reasonable. The screen may not be it's strong point but it's nothing to sneeze at for $499. Here is a comprehensive and non-biased review for this laptop to help you decide (although the Microsoft Store model seems to comes with a 200-nit screen according to their website vs. the 150-nit screen in the review unit). The link for the review is here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Sam ... 705.0.html.

NCIX is selling the same model for a whopping $699 for Boxing Day, and Staples has it for $699 regular price. It only as 4GB ram but there is an empty ram slot easily accessible to the user. Otherwise it mostly has the same features as the Dell but no optical drive and only 24GB SSD vs. 32GB SSD on the Dell.

Here are the basic specs (see site for more details):

14-inch (355.6-millimeter) HD touchscreen
Intel Core i5-3337U
4 GB memory/500 GB HDD + 24 GB SSD
Up to 6.5 hours battery life

Seems like a US model so hopefully the keyboard isn't billingual (no offense).
On another note, I would recommend buying in store on the 26th instead of online if you can for easier exchanges and returns.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)