[Microsoft Store] Samsung Galaxy S20 $820, S20+ $1080

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2021 10:01 pm
Dec 12, 2011
3 posts
3 upvotes
Surrey
I got an email from Microsoft support:

We wanted to inform, you that an issue with our supplier has affected our ability to ship your product in a timely manner. The Samsung Galaxy S20 is currently delayed and we do not yet have an expected ship date. If you wish to cancel your order, please reply back to let us know. Otherwise, your order will remain open until it ships. We appreciate your interest in our store and have credited your Microsoft Account with $50 CAD as an apology for the inconvenience this caused. The credit can be used toward your next order at the Microsoft Online Store.

Got a $50 CAD as credit but no idea when I'll receive my order.
May 20, 2004
603 posts
352 upvotes
hkonnection wrote: I got an email from Microsoft support:

We wanted to inform, you that an issue with our supplier has affected our ability to ship your product in a timely manner. The Samsung Galaxy S20 is currently delayed and we do not yet have an expected ship date. If you wish to cancel your order, please reply back to let us know. Otherwise, your order will remain open until it ships. We appreciate your interest in our store and have credited your Microsoft Account with $50 CAD as an apology for the inconvenience this caused. The credit can be used toward your next order at the Microsoft Online Store.

At least you got a credit, they didn't offer me anything.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1244 posts
561 upvotes
Sask
hkonnection wrote: I got an email from Microsoft support:

They seem to be showing in stock again but honestly I hope I just get an email like you did.
Feb 17, 2014
153 posts
304 upvotes
Calgary
I wanted the S10 but seemed like it was "out of stock" as soon as it was on sale. Prices go back up and suddenly they have lots of stock.
Apr 15, 2013
56 posts
16 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
If anyone in GTA wants Samsung S20 5G cloud blue one, I have a brand new one with lower price (780 + tax).
Kids want iPhone and don't want Android phone.....

message me in private, don't want to hijack the thread...
Feb 24, 2004
113 posts
377 upvotes
YYC
Any deals on the Note 20 Ultra that yall are aware of ?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1244 posts
561 upvotes
Sask
Now my credit card authorization shows a deduction for the amount they first preauthorized. I imagine this means they are to cancel or have already cancelled my order.
Nov 19, 2012
10 posts
4 upvotes
OAKVILLE
bigdaddyyc wrote: At least you got a credit, they didn't offer me anything.
They didn't offer me a credit either. It was funny that the customer service rep after they said sorry please wait for another week then tried to sell me on their Cyber Monday sales. I told them I'm not buying anything from the Microsoft store until if/when I finally get what I ordered from the Mircosoft store 2 weeks ago (1 week before Black Friday).
Nov 17, 2020
8 posts
1 upvote
ced2334 wrote: Now my credit card authorization shows a deduction for the amount they first preauthorized. I imagine this means they are to cancel or have already cancelled my order.
This is the same for me, take a look at your microsoft account because I saw a $50 store credit to my account on Dec 1 and when I did the math the new authorisation in my credit card on Dec 2 is $50 less than my previous authorisation of $926.59 to $876.59 with the store credit now gone in my account. My guess is it got applied and to the order in the new authorisation.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1244 posts
561 upvotes
Sask
okredflagdeals wrote: This is the same for me, take a look at your microsoft account because I saw a $50 store credit to my account on Dec 1 and when I did the math the new authorisation in my credit card on Dec 2 is $50 less than my previous authorisation of $926.59 to $876.59 with the store credit now gone in my account. My guess is it got applied and to the order in the new authorisation.
Where do you go in your account to see if there is a credit?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1244 posts
561 upvotes
Sask
Now the preauth has been removed and I haven't been charged yet but item still hasn't shipped.
Sep 21, 2019
4 posts
Did anyone received phone after being kept in "pending" state for many days?
Nov 27, 2016
251 posts
206 upvotes
m8x
My S20 order was in the pending state since November 20th but I received a "item shipped" email Friday night with a delivery date of December 7th. This must mean they received a follow-up shipment hopefully filling all the still pending orders.

I also received a $50 "refund" which I can see in my MS account as a separate transaction. I'm not quite sure how the refund will be applied but I hope it will simply post to my credit card at the same time the phone charge hits.
Mar 3, 2014
41 posts
27 upvotes
I chased up with them after it missed the estimated delivery date and they escalated it. Got the message today about the supply issues and the $50 credit. Preauthorization is gone too.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1244 posts
561 upvotes
Sask
gjeyre wrote: I chased up with them after it missed the estimated delivery date and they escalated it. Got the message today about the supply issues and the $50 credit. Preauthorization is gone too.
Weird that they would state supply issues when pretty much all models have been readily in stock on their site for over a week now.
Mar 3, 2014
41 posts
27 upvotes
I know, I don't really understand either. Said they don't even have any idea when it'll be processed.
Nov 19, 2012
10 posts
4 upvotes
OAKVILLE
I ordered mine late night Nov 19th and mine is still pending. I did get the$50 credit. The credit can't be applied to the open phone purchase or pre-orders (e.g. new Xbox release) but isn't suppose to expire. Hope the phone still comes through soon.
Nov 27, 2016
251 posts
206 upvotes
m8x
A couple of recent developments for my S20 order ;
  • The order status on the Microsoft Store changed from "Pending" to "In-Transit"
  • Received a notice from Fedex to stay that shipping was initiated. Looking carefully at the Fedex site, it really says that a shipping label was created. It also had a estimated delivery date of December 7th, which they obviously missed. This date field has now changed to "Pending"
  • My credit card has now been charged for the entire amount. No $50 refund applied, which I suppose is really a store credit, although it's clearly identified as a refund and not a credit in my account.
-
I just went on the Microsoft Store site and successfully selected a S20 phone which indicated a 3-7 day delivery. Of course I didn't go all the way but they don't seem to have inventory issues at the new higher price !
This just keeps getting stranger and stranger. It's like it's all brand new to them and they're processing their first ever transaction !
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1244 posts
561 upvotes
Sask
echotango wrote: A couple of recent developments for my S20 order ;
  • The order status on the Microsoft Store changed from "Pending" to "In-Transit"
  • Received a notice from Fedex to stay that shipping was initiated. Looking carefully at the Fedex site, it really says that a shipping label was created. It also had a estimated delivery date of December 7th, which they obviously missed. This date field has now changed to "Pending"
  • My credit card has now been charged for the entire amount. No $50 refund applied, which I suppose is really a store credit, although it's clearly identified as a refund and not a credit in my account.
-
I just went on the Microsoft Store site and successfully selected a S20 phone which indicated a 3-7 day delivery. Of course I didn't go all the way but they don't seem to have inventory issues at the new higher price !
This just keeps getting stranger and stranger. It's like it's all brand new to them and they're processing their first ever transaction !
Mine still says pending and no 50 dollar credit. The authorization has been completely removed from my card though. I don't really care when or if it ships anymore. Had more time to think on it and decided to send it back when I get it. I've already told Microsoft 3 times that I don't want it anymore but their customer service is pretty useless. They tell me I will just have to send it back or refuse delivery. Pretty ridiculous that they just can't cancel the order especially when it has been delayed this long.