Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Samsung Galaxy S20 $820, S20+ $1080

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 10:13 am
Nov 27, 2016
248 posts
201 upvotes
m8x
ced2334 wrote: Mine still says pending and no 50 dollar credit. The authorization has been completely removed from my card though. I don't really care when or if it ships anymore. Had more time to think on it and decided to send it back when I get it. I've already told Microsoft 3 times that I don't want it anymore but their customer service is pretty useless. They tell me I will just have to send it back or refuse delivery. Pretty ridiculous that they just can't cancel the order especially when it has been delayed this long.
I know everyone's situation is different, but the price of these phones with this deal was really great. This particular phone went from $819 to $1319 which is a typical prevailing price from all the usual retail players. It's almost worth while to take delivery of the phone and sell it privately, who knows you might make $100. Again, everyone's situation is different. Check your MS account for the $50 credit. It appears as a separate transaction in your order history list.
Mar 3, 2014
39 posts
27 upvotes
I don't think I would've got the credit had I not chased up with Microsoft for escalation. It seems really strange how different the situations are. The guy who the case got escalated to even said to let him know if I wanted to cancel.

I ordered on the 19th November and I'm guessing if I ordered now at full price, I'd probably get it before the original order.
Jul 7, 2017
56 posts
44 upvotes
I ordered on November 25th and it is still pending. I called a couple of times, they told me last Wednesday that they escalated my case and I should get a response within 3 days. It has now been over a week. I called again and they told me I should get a reply tomorrow (which was yesterday) and still nothing. In the mean time, I ordered a couple of S10's from them and the order shipped next day. Very strange.

Still hoping to get this phone at the price I was offered. Guess I'll have to be patient. Hoping for that $50 credit too but they never mentioned it to me and there's nothing on my orders page.

Also earlier today I got charged again, and then immediately refunded for the full amount. Not sure what that's about.
Feb 16, 2018
258 posts
109 upvotes
I have a seal S20 and willing to sell at cost for this deal. Pm me
Mar 3, 2014
39 posts
27 upvotes
What's also weird is that the phones are back on sale, though the prices aren't quite as good ($920 for s20). They still say 3 to 7 days when you go to the checkout though so I've no idea what they're playing at.
Nov 27, 2016
248 posts
201 upvotes
m8x
Got a Fedex notification to say they have picked up the package, delivery date is still pending though. However, since it's now in the hands of the shipper, I'm thinking that it might actually get delivered !

I was half expecting a mass cancellation for all these delayed orders which seems to be how retailers clean up their mistakes these days.
Jul 7, 2017
56 posts
44 upvotes
echotango wrote: Got a Fedex notification to say they have picked up the package, delivery date is still pending though. However, since it's now in the hands of the shipper, I'm thinking that it might actually get delivered !

I was half expecting a mass cancellation for all these delayed orders which seems to be how retailers clean up their mistakes these days.
Encouraging to hear that they're still going out. Still nothing for me, but I made my order 5 days later than you. Also still no word of a credit.
May 20, 2004
601 posts
344 upvotes
I finally got my S20 today, ordered Nov 20, shipped by Fedex.
Mar 3, 2014
39 posts
27 upvotes
Good to hear. I ordered around the 19th/20th too, so hopefully they'll start clearing the backlog, including mine.
Mar 3, 2014
39 posts
27 upvotes
I just chased an update and was told that they don't expect to ship until the second week of January, which is a joke.
Jul 7, 2017
56 posts
44 upvotes
I finally got a response after almost a full month.

All I got was "We have been informed that the supplier is still verifying the estimated arrival from the vendor.". No ETA or anything.

I'm asking them about the $50 credit.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
2142 posts
30 upvotes
Ordered on the 10th and came across this thread. Wish i've found it earlier. Same deal.. they have no idea.
Nov 27, 2016
248 posts
201 upvotes
m8x
Finally received my S20 on December 24th ! Ordered on November 20th, estimated delivery date November 25th.

I've been in contact with Microsoft all along and they're quite clueless when trying to solve any problems. After placing me on-hold for 5 minutes, they literally repeat what the tracking info states, like I can't read it for myself. When aking to escalate the situation they will give you a ticket number which when repeated back to them on the next call will not come up and process is then repeated.

I know the "Store" is outsourced to some nameless fulfillment company somewhere in the world, but dealing one of the largest companies in the world one might expect a more professional experience when things don't go as planned.
Mar 14, 2012
351 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone confirm if the S20 5G base model is the Canadian model? Just called the rep and he was completely clueless. Just read the description on the page, lol! Couldn't even provide the model number. I am really interested in purchasing and was about to place the order. But really need to know if it is the Canadian model. Thank you!
Jan 5, 2021
1 posts
Ordered an S20 on Nov 19, and the order is still pending. Microsoft CSR said they expect to have the item in stock around Jan 15. And they are still selling it on the website. What a joke.
Mar 3, 2014
39 posts
27 upvotes
polarismomo wrote: Ordered an S20 on Nov 19, and the order is still pending. Microsoft CSR said they expect to have the item in stock around Jan 15. And they are still selling it on the website. What a joke.
Same I got when I called before Christmas. I asked them why they are still selling them and they said they didn't have any and they had a request in to change the website delivery. As far as I it still says 3-7 days so maybe they're just trying to get us to cancel.

Mine still hasn't been shipped either (November 19th).
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
2142 posts
30 upvotes
STill pending... called today. Ordered December 10th.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
2142 posts
30 upvotes
Got a $50 credit after pestering them. Expires 1 year from now.

Still no phone. I'd cancel except I used discounted gc to buy it
Mar 3, 2014
39 posts
27 upvotes
Not yet but my card expires at the end of the month so I have to call them at some point.