Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Samsung Galaxy S20 Essentials Bundle (S20-920$)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2020 6:37 pm
Nov 19, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Québec City

[Microsoft Store] Samsung Galaxy S20 Essentials Bundle (S20-920$)

I don't see an active thread about the S20 bundle but it's "back in stock". Less attractive than the first time they was on sale before black friday, but it's still better than full price.

Galaxy S20 128GB (Cosmic Gray, Cloud Blue) = 919.99$
[reg 1'319.99$ | BF sale 1'079.99$ | lowest 819.99$]

Galaxy S20+ 128GB (Cosmic Black, Cloud Blue) = 1'179.99$
[reg 1'579.99$ | BF sale 1'329.99$ | lowest 1'079.99$]

Galaxy S20+ 512GB (Cosmic Black) = 1'179.99$ OOS
[reg 1'779.99$ |BF sale 1'279.99$ | lowest ? ]

Galaxy S20 Ultra 128GB (Cosmic Gray) = 1'399.99$
[reg 1'849.99$ | BF sale 1'399.99$ | lowest 1'399.99$]

Galaxy S20 Ultra 512GB (Cosmic Gray) = 1'659.99$ OOS
[reg 2'109.99$ | BF sale1'659.99$ | lowest ? ]

I might update this post if other bundle goes out of stock or go back in stock. If you see any error on previous price, like the lowest price from MS, feel free to let me know.
Price and stock are as of time of writing/last refresh of the deal (10 dec 2020 11h30)
You can always buy from Samsung Canada, see "TheFearS3" thread for more info on that deal.
15 replies
Jan 20, 2013
110 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone considering getting this, it was announced a couple days ago that the new s21 series is expected to arrive in January 2021.
Nov 4, 2018
137 posts
258 upvotes
idlejoe wrote: For anyone considering getting this, it was announced a couple days ago that the new s21 series is expected to arrive in January 2021.
Yes, this is true. But based on rumors there isnt much difference. CPU upgrade, bigger fingerprint scanner. But overall if you want to save, get the S20 now.

Source
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm sad esim is not enabled on the North American models :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5770 posts
7830 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
GateGuardian wrote: I'm sad esim is not enabled on the North American models :(
I think big 3 are against it too
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
RandomRFDUSer wrote: Yes, this is true. But based on rumors there isnt much difference. CPU upgrade, bigger fingerprint scanner. But overall if you want to save, get the S20 now.

Source
I'll pass my S20 Plus down to an employee and pickup the upgrade.

I always go for the fastest CPU as they're always not quite fast enough it seems.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Feb 28, 2017
415 posts
756 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'll pass my S20 Plus down to an employee and pickup the upgrade.

I always go for the fastest CPU as they're always not quite fast enough it seems.
If you go for the fastest CPU im surprised you havent switched to Apple
I cant tell if im addicted to RFD or good deals
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
chilli604 wrote: I think big 3 are against it too
The Big 3 do support sim for iPhones and Pixel devices, but I guess they pressured Samsung enough to disable it.
Nov 4, 2018
137 posts
258 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'll pass my S20 Plus down to an employee and pickup the upgrade.

Thats fair :) If you want to see more specs, a ton of info just came out online! Im keeping an eye out and im hoping theres a good promo, like buy an S21 and get a free pair of the rumored Buds
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1684 posts
997 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: If you only knew how hard they tried to fight esim
They probably drop their pants as Apple would only do dual with e-sim! Anyway, what's their story with esim and big 3?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
comp_freak wrote: They probably drop their pants as Apple would only do dual with e-sim! Anyway, what's their story with esim and big 3?
The arguement is that eSIMs in phones will enable MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators). From my rudimentary understanding of this, it essentially opens them up to competition that will be providing their own service using the big 3’s own networks and spectrum and paying wholesale prices.

The telco industry in Canada has traditionally had very high barriers to entry (as well as a lot of bureaucratic red tape) which have prevented outsiders from getting involved. The danger for the big 3 is that there are companies that dwarf these telcos with frankly too much money on their hands that may consider this a cheap and easy opportunity for them to get in the game without having their own network to really support the service.

Gonna be interesting to see where this goes.
Mar 3, 2014
64 posts
94 upvotes
As a slight warning, I (and a bunch of others) managed to get the s20 for $820 on the original deal and the order has been stuck on pending since. Microsoft have given some a $50 credit but there is still no confirmed ship date.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1684 posts
997 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: The arguement is that eSIMs in phones will enable MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators). From my rudimentary understanding of this, it essentially opens them up to competition that will be providing their own service using the big 3’s own networks and spectrum and paying wholesale prices.

The telco industry in Canada has traditionally had very high barriers to entry (as well as a lot of bureaucratic red tape) which have prevented outsiders from getting involved. The danger for the big 3 is that there are companies that dwarf these telcos with frankly too much money on their hands that may consider this a cheap and easy opportunity for them to get in the game without having their own network to really support the service.

Gonna be interesting to see where this goes.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Hopefully, it will bring the average cost down in Canada.
[MVNOs in the mobile phone space have also been operating in Canada for years – as subsidiaries of the Big 3. What the CRTC is now considering is mandating independent MVNOs. To this end, the CRTC is now in the process of reviewing telecom service rates in Canada and is undertaking a public consultation to determine whether to mandate the Big 3 as well as SaskTel, Videotron, Shaw and other network builders to sell the use of their network at wholesale rates to other independent service providers.

https://www.planhub.ca/blog/en/mvno-in- ... 0MNOs.Edit - source -
Nov 19, 2012
16 posts
14 upvotes
OAKVILLE
gjeyre wrote: As a slight warning, I (and a bunch of others) managed to get the s20 for $820 on the original deal and the order has been stuck on pending since. Microsoft have given some a $50 credit but there is still no confirmed ship date.
Yes. It's been 3 weeks since I ordered and it's still in pending status. They said it's a supply chain issue. If you want this phone as a Christmas present don't have high hopes it'll come before the 25th.

As for the S21, it looks like that it'll use the Snapdragon 888 chip which has the 5G modem built-in which in theory should use less power than using a separate 5G modem chip (like the S20), but don't expect you'll get it at these prices.