Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Surface 64GB RT Tablet + Free Touch Cover $299

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2014 11:35 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1993 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
Product Name: Surface
Unit Price: $449.00
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $449.00

Product Name: Touch Cover 2 (Black) - English
Unit Price: $119.99
Amount: $119.99

Discount: $319.99
Subtotal: $249.00
Tax: $12.45

Total: $261.45
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
caveat_emptor wrote: Product Name: Surface
Unit Price: $449.00
Amount: $449.00

Product Name: Touch Cover 2 (Black) - English
Unit Price: $119.99
Amount: $119.99

Discount: $319.99
Subtotal: $249.00
Tax: $12.45

Total: $261.45

???????
Pretty sure that people were curious about how you were getting the additional -$50 discount
But thanks for sharing anyways
:rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1993 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
sorry.... i got the coupon from microsoft
during black friday i purchased the dell inspiron touch for $399 but wasnt able to get a $25 coupon.... after a month of follow up for the $25 coupon
i was told that they are having generating a $25 coupon so instead they gave me $50 coupon
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1609 posts
2050 upvotes
Vancouver
igob8a wrote: For $250 and the keyboard, it's a good deal. Not sure if I'd pay $300 though. I am still not sold on the metro ui.
Windows 8 is really nice on any touch laptop. It takes some time to get used to but honestly, switching between apps feels so great to play with. I also love having live tiles for skype, email, calendar, tasks, etc.
Dec 7, 2012
911 posts
675 upvotes
Ontario
HoboEater wrote: Windows 8 is really nice on any touch laptop. It takes some time to get used to but honestly, switching between apps feels so great to play with. I also love having live tiles for skype, email, calendar, tasks, etc.
It's no doubt nice for those who use it, but I just do everything through the browser and don't need separate fullscreen apps for mail, weather, calendar, IM, tasks and so on.
The interface is no doubt designed for touch, which I don't have/want/need on my desktop.
I certainly wouldn't mind it on a tablet though.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
mofesto wrote: Still sucks! No one wants the RT model.
I just saw a few posts that suggested they do.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
B-Shizzle wrote: Never used a RT, rocking a Dell Venue 8 Pro over here.
Nice to play Hearthstone and Osu! on though!
you read my mind
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
mofesto wrote: Why would anyone want Windows without desktop? If that's the case, I would prefer an Android tablet any day. Yes, it's good that they're finally including a cover/keyboard (as they should have from the beginning), but it doesn't make up for the fact that Windows metro sucks.

Besides, for $300 I would expect a laptop replacement, able to run Adobe Photoshop, Open Office, etc. There are better Windows tablets that will allow me to do this. Beyond a laptop replacement, I wouldn't spend that much on any tablet. Samsung Galaxy Tab is selling for only $170 and you get access to all the apps that are available on Android.
That's the problem with over-generalization, 99.99% of the time (if not more), these are wrong. Not everyone's needs or wants are exactly like yours.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1993 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
Now my question is
Can we get free apps online like ios and android?
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
mofesto wrote: Why would anyone want Windows without desktop? If that's the case, I would prefer an Android tablet any day. Yes, it's good that they're finally including a cover/keyboard (as they should have from the beginning), but it doesn't make up for the fact that Windows metro sucks.

Besides, for $300 I would expect a laptop replacement, able to run Adobe Photoshop, Open Office, etc. There are better Windows tablets that will allow me to do this. Beyond a laptop replacement, I wouldn't spend that much on any tablet. Samsung Galaxy Tab is selling for only $170 and you get access to all the apps that are available on Android.
how is metro ui worst than anroid or ios?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2008
5754 posts
475 upvotes

Most Android tablets can't split windows between two different apps. They also don't come with full Office.

Regarding apps, Microsoft is pushing the "universal apps" now. They will work on Windows Phone 8.1, Windows RT and Windows 8.1. I also wonder what apps people actually use. I have the HP Touchpad with Android on it, the only app I have on it that is not on Windows Metro is an app to compare the size of two cars. Android apps also crashes all the time for me, but that's likely only an issue for the HP Touchpad.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3172 posts
2243 upvotes
Winnipeg
gilboman wrote: how is metro ui worst than android or ios?
My only knock against it is that on a tablet, RT should have dumped the Desktop and cut down the bloat. Pro can have both if u want. Imagine faux MacOS on an iPad.

64gb on sale at FS(or is it BB?) this week for $300 sans cover.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: 64gb on sale at FS(or is it BB?) this week for $300 sans cover.
On sale at FS, BB and Staples.

:cool:
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
igob8a wrote: It's no doubt nice for those who use it, but I just do everything through the browser and don't need separate fullscreen apps for mail, weather, calendar, IM, tasks and so on.
The interface is no doubt designed for touch, which I don't have/want/need on my desktop.
I certainly wouldn't mind it on a tablet though.
IMO it's actually pretty nice on a tablet. When I heard that MS is bringing the start menu back in a future update, I was immediately concerned that I'd lose metro on my tablet. No, it's not perfect. It needs a LOT of work. Ease of use is lacking and finding options under buried menus is almost as bad as regular windows. But I LIKE to use it on a tablet. I hope they keep improving it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)