Sep 3, 2017
125 posts
136 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] Surface Go 2 M3/8/128 Warm ATL $699

Intel Core M3 - WiFi
Wi Fi, Intel Core M3, 8GB, 128GB
$699

This is the first ever sale on the Surface Go 2

This product is not for everyone. If you are looking for the best bang computer for your buck, look elsewhere.

The lack of keyboard makes it ideal for use with a mechanical keyboard, such as a Ducky Mini, which is priced the same as the type cover.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8733 posts
5107 upvotes
Toronto
Not bad, but don't think anyone buys one of these to use a wired kb with, you'll want the type keyboard for the portability factor.
[OP]
Sep 3, 2017
125 posts
136 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Not bad, but don't think anyone buys one of these to use an external wired kb with. You'll want the type keyboard for the portability factor.
It is a niche segment within an already niche segment, but this is a fairly popular pairing in the mechanical keyboard communities.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyb ... face%20pro

I use a Surface Pro 6 with a V60 as my main device
Last edited by soymilkslam on Aug 21st, 2020 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1493 posts
846 upvotes
Vancouver
Angultra wrote: Not bad, but don't think anyone buys one of these to use a wired kb with, you'll want the type keyboard for the portability factor.
Funnily enough for my Surface 3 I didn't want to spend $100 on the type cover, so I bought an Anne Pro Face With Tears Of Joy

However, I ended up finding a Surface 2 cover from amazon for $10 or something and it works perfectly fine, just a few CM wider. It does make more sense for me to have that cover to really take advantage of the portability of surface.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8733 posts
5107 upvotes
Toronto
soymilkslam wrote: It is a niche segment within an already niche segment, but this is a fairly popular pairing in the mechanical keyboard communities.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyb ... face%20pro

I use a Surface Pro 6 with a V60 as my main device
Didn't know that, was thinking in that case I'd definitely go for a Pro, perhaps an older model over the Go for the larger screen and port selection.