Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Surface Laptop 3 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2022 12:33 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
dxxalf wrote: Another nasty setting which you may want to adjust: download the "Intel Graphics Command Center" app on the MS Store. Go to System > Power > Display Power Savings and switch it to OFF.

This fixes the adaptive contrast the screen performs according to your surrounding light. It caused auto brightness to be all weird and very sensitive for me. Now it all works fine and auto brightness will strictly adjust brightness and not contrast.

I have an M1 MacBook Air and need to make a decision of which one to keep. Both have their pros and cons. No regrets on this one for the price though.
Depends on what you're doing an of course the ecosystem.

M1 Mac Air is very capable and also has no fans.
I've seen people push the M1 Air for both photoshop and video editing and it can keep up as long as you can reel in your expectations.

The Surface Laptop relies on iGPU and Intel is only now able to put up numbers against the M1 with the 12th Gen processors.

Whether you are invested or not into Apple, the M1 is still the better/quieter machine.
The Surface Laptop 3 is cheaper of course but you can squeeze a lot more life out of the M1 over time.
If the Surface Laptop 3 allowed you to upgrade the ram and/or had a dGPU too, then I would keep the Surface.

And there are some that need specific apps that are only available on Windows so can't even consider the Macs.
Feb 19, 2011
268 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Got mine yesterday. Seems like its basically new, 0 power cycles. Pretty happy with it so far.
I miss the finger print scanner from my XPS for the lazy unlocks. But its not that big of a deal.
Sep 29, 2015
552 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sooperdice wrote: Got mine yesterday. Seems like its basically new, 0 power cycles. Pretty happy with it so far.
I miss the finger print scanner from my XPS for the lazy unlocks. But its not that big of a deal.
Good news, Windows “Hello” is even lazier…
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
diggidydave wrote: Good news, Windows “Hello” is even lazier…
I like how I can pull the weirdest face and still be able to log in. Get WTF looks from my family.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1475 posts
181 upvotes
Mississauga
Mine is stuck in Memphis for 3 days now. Probably Fedex lost it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
crasher wrote: Mine is stuck in Memphis for 3 days now. Probably Fedex lost it.
I ordered a Lenovo from them a week ago that is also apparently 'missing'. Marked as Shipped MS end, but only Label Created at FedEx....
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1475 posts
181 upvotes
Mississauga
pooper wrote: I ordered a Lenovo from them a week ago that is also apparently 'missing'. Marked as Shipped MS end, but only Label Created at FedEx....
Surface was picked up by fedex, then transported to to their hub, where it got stuck. Fedex just update it as delayed everyday @ midnight.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
crasher wrote: Surface was picked up by fedex, then transported to to their hub, where it got stuck. Fedex just update it as delayed everyday @ midnight.
Interesting. Mine shipped UPS from Kentucky late at night and I actually received it the next day.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1475 posts
181 upvotes
Mississauga
Finally the surface reached Mississauga, hopefully gets delivered today.Smiling Face With Open Mouth Now I have to search for surface dock 2.

Edit: I was hoping to receive it today, FedEx still showing delayed. :rolleyes: If I don't get it by Monday, I will call Microsoft to cancel the order. I probably don't need it.
Last edited by crasher on Apr 2nd, 2022 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 28, 2016
172 posts
73 upvotes
My Surface restarts randomly, even after resetting and installing windows 11 it restarted on it's own a couple times. Any one else have the same issue?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
aathai wrote: My Surface restarts randomly, even after resetting and installing windows 11 it restarted on it's own a couple times. Any one else have the same issue?
Not here. I would call it in, get a replacement.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Installed Windows 11 using Windows 11 Installation assistant, no issues at all. One thing I do notice is animations are not as smooth as 10. For example when minimizing windows, the animations on Windows 10 were really smooth, its kinda glitchy on 11.
-
Jun 2, 2011
279 posts
285 upvotes
Burnaby
not sure if anyone is interested but i have a sealed 8gb 128gb version looking for 600 obo in gva, thanks
Jan 12, 2018
173 posts
92 upvotes
Niagara falls
cadave wrote: Update: Talked to technical support... by isolating the sound, we concluded the left speaker is defective on my unit. They are sending me a replacement unit. I guess that's just the luck of the draw...
Hi there, I think I got a similar problem, just a cracking sound when turning up the speaker, do you mind sharing which number you called? Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
neonaiken wrote: Hi there, I think I got a similar problem, just a cracking sound when turning up the speaker, do you mind sharing which number you called? Thanks
1 (877) 696-7786

They did an advanced exchange for me - shipped me a device and placed a hold on my credit card and then released the hold once they received the defective device.

This was going through technical support - you should probably only do this if you plan on keeping the device as you’ll now have a device with a different serial number. It’s shipped to you in a different box with no accessories - just the laptop.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off and away!
Jan 12, 2018
173 posts
92 upvotes
Niagara falls
cadave wrote: 1 (877) 696-7786

They did an advanced exchange for me - shipped me a device and placed a hold on my credit card and then released the hold once they received the defective device.

This was going through technical support - you should probably only do this if you plan on keeping the device as you’ll now have a device with a different serial number. It’s shipped to you in a different box with no accessories - just the laptop.
Thanks, pretty happy with it so yeah, by the way, the replacement they gave you can you tell if it is new or same refurb?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
neonaiken wrote: Thanks, pretty happy with it so yeah, by the way, the replacement they gave you can you tell if it is new or same refurb?
It's a refurb too - they warned me but I said it was fine since my original device was a refurb.

My refurb was just like the one from Microsoft Store: brand new battery with 0 cycles and looked brand new
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off and away!
Oct 16, 2011
14 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
harrylakers242424 wrote: not sure if anyone is interested but i have a sealed 8gb 128gb version looking for 600 obo in gva, thanks
hi, sent you a DM!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2005
5485 posts
384 upvotes
Mississauga
If anyone wants mine at cost, DM me. Pickup in Mississauga by Heartland. I havent even opened it. Going to return next week.

Edit: GONE Now. Hope other buyers who are looking for one can find it
Last edited by dealsoutlook on Apr 16th, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
This deal is back online; however, once added into Cart - checking out shows empty cart. :-(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)