Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

TP Link Smart switch at 14.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2019 11:03 am
Dec 9, 2018
8 posts
5 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] TP Link Smart switch at 14.99$

I previously bought 3 of these at 30$ each on Amazon thinking it was an ok price. Should have waited because now Microsoft Store is selling it half the price !
9 replies
Sep 6, 2016
26 posts
10 upvotes
Quebec City
hyperzore wrote: can you dim bulbs with this?
No you can't, you need a smart dimmer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
They don't say which model it is, but presumably it's the base HS200, not a dimmer, and not a 3-way switch.

I do not recommend this switch, as it has difficulties maintaining a steady WiFi connection.
Aug 22, 2005
231 posts
185 upvotes
FYI promo is on till Sept 30th, so check back as they may restock.
Sep 26, 2006
769 posts
298 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: They don't say which model it is, but presumably it's the base HS200, not a dimmer, and not a 3-way switch.

I do not recommend this switch, as it has difficulties maintaining a steady WiFi connection.
I have this and so does my brother and we have no problems with wifi connectivities.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2207 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
BaboSo wrote: I have this and so does my brother and we have no problems with wifi connectivities.

+1. I don’t have this one but several other tp link smart devices and haven’t had any issues. Just grabbed one of these today
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
BaboSo wrote: I have this and so does my brother and we have no problems with wifi connectivities.
Obviously it depends on your particular WiFi environment, and you would need to have several WiFi switches of different brands to compare, but the WiFi reliability issue with the TP-Link switches and the HS200 is pretty well known in home automation forums. Most people don't even realize that their TP-Link switches are dropping out of contact occasionally unless they happen to attempt a remote control at the moment they are down. You may occasionally catch the light on the switch blinking as it reconnects, or if you have one of the wall plugs you can see it light up orange momentarily as it is reconnecting.

Personally I find all of the TP-Link smart WiFi gear sufficiently reliable except for the HS200, and that's mainly because its lengthy outages can cause home automation services to mark it "disabled", requiring manual intervention to recover. I wouldn't buy another one of those.