Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Microsoft Store] Upgrade XBox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate at 1:1

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 9:12 am
Tags:
None
Member
User avatar
May 27, 2010
442 posts
178 upvotes
Amazing. Had 34 months left of Xbox Gold left and 2 months of Game Pass (was free with a 1-month pass that gave me an extra month for using recurring billing). $1 later and I have 36 months of Gold Pass Ultimate! Insane deal for those with already-lengthy subscriptions.
Temp. Banned
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
Ok well after all my posts I got it done and it got me to 9/28/2020 so I got 2+ bonus months somehow here. Thanks @Saukrates ..

Oh and happy to finally unload the Xbox Cash I had that I bought to get World War Z or Anthem. Kind of knew all along I'd be spending most of it on sub vs getting a game and getting 2+ bonus months made this really nice.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Jun 9th, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2007
3066 posts
578 upvotes
Just ordered 3 years of XBL from Costco as my live expires next month. Now once I get the codes and enter them - how exactly do I purchase the $1 GPU? I’m currently in Morocco on a train but I want to hop on this deal before it expires LOL
Member
Mar 21, 2013
249 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Have you guys tried to actually use any of it? I can't connect to xbox live anymore after changing to GPU, or download anything from the MS store on my PC.

Edit* Of course just after posting this it works again (xbox anyway, not sure about PC)
Last edited by knoxyouout on Jun 9th, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Aug 18, 2008
374 posts
193 upvotes
When I click to JOIN I get this message on the screen confirming my credit card info:

CAD $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month
CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that
By selecting Subscribe, you agree to the Store terms of sale. We'll charge you CAD $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month and CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that. You'll be notified before any future price changes. Cancel any time.
Last edited by hp.. on Jun 9th, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jr. Member
Feb 24, 2012
142 posts
137 upvotes
Kamloops
Great deal OP, thank you very much.

FYI for those ordering from Costco. I got both my codes in under 10 minutes, so it sounds like it's completely random. I'm in BC and am a business member rather than personal so I dunno if that has any impact.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1539 posts
1889 upvotes
hp.. wrote: When I click to JOIN I get this message on the screen confirming my credit card info:

CAD $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month
CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that
By selecting Subscribe, you agree to the Store terms of sale. We'll charge you CAD $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month and CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that. You'll be notified before any future price changes. Cancel any time.
Already mentioned this here. It's falling on deaf ears. The page is simply telling people when their membership expires, but they're thinking that's how long this $1 deal is... despite the page actually telling you it's for one month.
Newbie
Jul 31, 2014
67 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Amazing deal, probably the best I've ever taken advantage of.

I have GPU until June 2022
Newbie
Jul 31, 2014
67 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
User381785 wrote: Already mentioned this here. It's falling on deaf ears. The page is simply telling people when their membership expires, but they're thinking that's how long this $1 deal is... despite the page actually telling you it's for one month.
Just move on then, don't pay $1 and let everyone else be.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 28, 2017
664 posts
444 upvotes
yeah, this is comparable to the ontario health cards.... the original white and red ones we were told to hang onto and don't upgrade. that would be the original XBL-G. and this new ultimate is what would be the new health card... the ultimate all in one. so they make it a sweet enticement to join now giving you everything for just a dollar till your current plan runs out. then you get the $16 + taxes amount when you renew. they will phase out the original gold so that you only have the ultimate... because well why have 2 to choose from and the first one is cheaper ? just offer ultimate and everyone pays the higher price.

this sounds like a great deal if you have 1+ years left on your sub because it doesn't change anything up and only adds to it. but to those who are expiring now and can't afford to toss on a 3 year sub they are stuck to what they can afford. meh....
no matter where you go, there you are.
Member
User avatar
May 27, 2010
442 posts
178 upvotes
How could this deal possibly be downvoted? It is probably the best deal I've ever had. Paying as low as $1 to get Game Pass for as much as 36 months is insane.
Last edited by baconcow on Jun 9th, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jun 10, 2017
49 posts
56 upvotes
The cheapest way to buy a 12-month XBL membership now is probably using a Brazillian VPN to buy it in Brazilian store ~ CAD$50
Bump it up to 36 months and spend $1 to convert it to GPU. Sweet deal!

Edit: You can only do this if your gold is expired or you are using the gold membership purchased/redeemed from Brazilian store before
Last edited by metallicloud on Jun 9th, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
User avatar
Apr 12, 2017
211 posts
243 upvotes
GTA
well i also bit to play some pc games for now and possibly upgrade to a console next year
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 24, 2009
1599 posts
1034 upvotes
AB
metallicloud wrote: The cheapest way to buy a 12-month XBL membership now is probably using a Brazillian VPN to buy it in Brazilian store ~ CAD$50
Bump it up to 36 months and spend $1 to convert it to GPU. Sweet deal!
Didn't work for me. Getting a "PUR-ConversionBlockedCurrencyCountryMismatch" error when trying to buy. Used PIA vpn with chrome in incognito mode.
Member
May 19, 2017
281 posts
314 upvotes
TheImp wrote: Also remember guys..

Turn OFF auto-renew before redeeming a code (if you already have an XBL sub)
Then, when you redeem the code choose YES to turn on auto-renew, as this will give you an extra free month.

Rinse repeat if you have multiple codes.
This worked well for me, 26 (27? I think gpu upgrade gave me another one????) months for the price of 24.

+5 to OP as well
Images
  • firefox_EXw3j7osgx.png
Sr. Member
Oct 28, 2012
792 posts
112 upvotes
EDMONTON
I got those 30 bucks xbox game pass from bb last time and still haven't activate them. Anyway I can take advantage of this?
Member
Aug 18, 2008
374 posts
193 upvotes
User381785 wrote: Already mentioned this here. It's falling on deaf ears. The page is simply telling people when their membership expires, but they're thinking that's how long this $1 deal is... despite the page actually telling you it's for one month.
That's weird, but I can see where the confusion comes from. The first 'pop up' says Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to a total of 36 months, but on the next screen it's quite clear that only the first month of this will be $1.


Oh well, congrats to anyone that actually gets the deal....
Newbie
Jun 10, 2017
49 posts
56 upvotes
.fess wrote: Didn't work for me. Getting a "PUR-ConversionBlockedCurrencyCountryMismatch" error when trying to buy. Used PIA vpn with chrome in incognito mode.
Yes... forgot to add the conditions that either you are currently non-gold or on a gold membership purchased/redeemed from BR xbox live
Member
May 19, 2017
281 posts
314 upvotes
To anyone thinking they will charge you after the first month for $16.99, I turned off recurrent billing and it says I will not be charged and I will lose access to Game Pass Ultimate in 2021. I dont think anyone needs to worry
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 21, 2009
3604 posts
1472 upvotes
Grimsby
hp.. wrote: When I click to JOIN I get this message on the screen confirming my credit card info:

CAD $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month
CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that
By selecting Subscribe, you agree to the Store terms of sale. We'll charge you CAD $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month and CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that. You'll be notified before any future price changes. Cancel any time.
User381785 wrote:
Already mentioned this here. It's falling on deaf ears. The page is simply telling people when their membership expires, but they're thinking that's how long this $1 deal is... despite the page actually telling you it's for one month.
hp.. wrote:
That's weird, but I can see where the confusion comes from. The first 'pop up' says Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to a total of 36 months, but on the next screen it's quite clear that only the first month of this will be $1.


Oh well, congrats to anyone that actually gets the deal....
When I did it this morning, the wording was definitely clear about $1 being until the end of your current XBL, and then $16.99/month when that expires.

Actually seems pretty clear to me when logging in to check. "Next charge on 05/28/2021"
1.png

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

georgep, Gunz13