• Nov 25th, 2020 11:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2945 posts
2512 upvotes
Montreal
dboyman5 wrote: What if you were got a code for 12 Live Gold sub AFTER taking advantage of this deal?
Redeeming a 12-month Live Gold code after upgrading to GPU will give you 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate.
Redeeming your Prepaid Xbox Live Gold 12-Month code will automatically convert to 4 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and will be added to your current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account. By redeeming this code, you agree to this conversion. All conversions are final; ratio subject to change. See xbox.com/gamepass If you choose not to redeem at this time, you can keep your code and redeem it prior to its expiration date, if any.

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10051 posts
2646 upvotes
this is risky, you are taking the short term reward but the long term cost is unknown, it says this is permenant, so you are locked in to this 16.99 membership in 2 or 3 years. so you just want gold in 2022? that's 180 a year. really depends on what you play, I like game pass, but I don't like it that much.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4987 posts
1557 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: this is risky, you are taking the short term reward but the long term cost is unknown, it says this is permenant, so you are locked in to this 16.99 membership in 2 or 3 years. so you just want gold in 2022? that's 180 a year. really depends on what you play, I like game pass, but I don't like it that much.
Gold basic probably won't even be an option in 2 or 3 years, might as well get the discount now, hope for more discounts down the road. You are not locked into anything after your current subscription runs out, you can restart a basic gold if it still exists at that point for the regular price...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6217 posts
1126 upvotes
Mississauga
Anybody know the cheapest method to get a 12-months sub?
Aug 24, 2018
589 posts
814 upvotes
Langley BC
Thanks OP.
Images
  • 20190609_102511.jpg
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1779 posts
1114 upvotes
Toronto
People keeps saying thanks to the OP and I keep seeing people getting different results from doing this. If there was consistency I might pull the trigger on this.

So question ... for the remaining time I have into July for Xbox Live does it turn into this Xbox Game Pass Ultimate cuz I know my Game Pass runs out before the Xbox Live does.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Jun 9th, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 28, 2006
648 posts
176 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So to get 24 months, do I just buy 2 of the 12 months subscription and just stack it?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1046 posts
409 upvotes
Brandon
bgallagher wrote: Redeeming a 12-month Live Gold code after upgrading to GPU will give you 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate.
We'll still I signed up then and renewed so go till July 2020...
Sep 11, 2011
712 posts
346 upvotes
Alberta
I had 6 months left of Gold, and 12 months left of Game Pass, just added another 12 months of Gold from Costco.ca for $60, then turned on recurring for the free month.

$1.05 charged to my Paypal and now have GPU until the end of February 2022. Pretty awesome deal!

Thanks OP!
Jun 30, 2004
695 posts
59 upvotes
Thanks OP!

My next charge is scheduled for march 12 2022
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3293 posts
898 upvotes
GTA
How fast does costco send out the codes? Want to take advantage but don't want to risk this getting changed while waiting for the codes to arrive.
Sep 11, 2011
712 posts
346 upvotes
Alberta
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: People keeps saying thanks to the OP and I keep seeing people getting different results from doing this. If there was consistency I might pull the trigger on this.

So question ... for the remaining time I have into July for Xbox Live does it turn into this Xbox Game Pass Ultimate cuz I know my Game Pass runs out before the Xbox Live does.
Yes, it combines whatever remaining subscription you have left for Gold and Game Pass into the Game Pass Ultimate.

For example:

Both your Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass expires in 6 months. Do this deal and convert it for $1. Your new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 12 months long.
Zyphur wrote: How fast does costco send out the codes? Want to take advantage but don't want to risk this getting changed while waiting for the codes to arrive.
Pretty fast, close to instant. Check your spam/junk mail folder.
Last edited by wilhelmthe1st on Jun 9th, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 19, 2013
47 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
Zyphur wrote: How fast does costco send out the codes? Want to take advantage but don't want to risk this getting changed while waiting for the codes to arrive.
I ordered 2 codes from Costco this morning, the codes came in 9 minutes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

blckmntn