Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Upgrade XBox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate at 1:1

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2023 3:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Chris971 wrote: My Xbox Live Gold / Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Expires on 2020-10-02. What are my options to extend it? Right now it's asking me 16.99/month
Turn off auto-renew, wait till it expires, then do the whole trick all over again.
Dec 21, 2009
54 posts
9 upvotes
Ontario
I’m sure this has been asked before, but I can’t find an answer - when does this deal/trick expire? My game pass expires on December 19th. Will I be safe to wait until then or would it be smart to cancel my subscription now and follow the steps to get 3 yrs? Thanks!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
barnzee14 wrote: I’m sure this has been asked before, but I can’t find an answer - when does this deal/trick expire? My game pass expires on December 19th. Will I be safe to wait until then or would it be smart to cancel my subscription now and follow the steps to get 3 yrs? Thanks!
Nobody knows for sure when it will expire, or even *if* it will expire. It hasn't been confirmed that Live Gold is going anywhere, yet, it's all just speculation. It's probably safe to bet that it'll be good till Nov 10 when the next console launches, but beyond that is anybody's guess. If you want to play it safe, cancelling now and losing 3 months to get 3 years is a pretty reasonable trade off for peace of mind, IMO.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1962 posts
1140 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Another silly question... I currently have ultimate and was dumb and did not extend my live to 36 months when I got the $1 deal. it expires on January 7 2021. Is there anything I can do to get it extended to 3 years like i should have done from the beginning? Have read some people saying once you use the $1 upgrade you cant extend it again.
Oct 5, 2014
611 posts
1367 upvotes
Ontario
I bought on CDkeys as a new user but where the code should be it says Under Review. Been waiting over 90 minutes now. Is this usual practice? Thanks
Sep 20, 2019
56 posts
43 upvotes
qbarnes95 wrote: I bought on CDkeys as a new user but where the code should be it says Under Review. Been waiting over 90 minutes now. Is this usual practice? Thanks
As a new user? You mean as a guest? Or did you create and account and log in? Odds are if you purchased as a guest, they will refund you based on what people have said.
Oct 5, 2014
611 posts
1367 upvotes
Ontario
bryan2k5 wrote: As a new user? You mean as a guest? Or did you create and account and log in? Odds are if you purchased as a guest, they will refund you based on what people have said.
New user, I created the account and placed the order

Edit just looked and status changed to On Hold

Edit 2: they now refunded my PayPal
Images
  • IMG_20200922_191110.jpg
Last edited by qbarnes95 on Sep 22nd, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
quicksilver7 wrote: Another silly question... I currently have ultimate and was dumb and did not extend my live to 36 months when I got the $1 deal. it expires on January 7 2021. Is there anything I can do to get it extended to 3 years like i should have done from the beginning? Have read some people saying once you use the $1 upgrade you cant extend it again.
You can't use the $1 upgrade, but that just means you pay $16.99 to upgrade instead of $1.

Having said that - you have to wait till your current one expires before you can extend it with live codes and upgrade again. Otherwise the live codes will convert at 3:1, giving you 4 months for every year (full price for Ultimate). You could cancel your existing sub early and then go through the full 3 year process, but that's really your only option.
Jul 25, 2019
29 posts
16 upvotes
Thanks OP. Got it until August 2023! Got an extra 12 month xbox live code if anyone wants at cost from costco.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
SOCRATES!

You ROCK, that just worked like a charm!

Thanks

and be excellent to each other!
Saukrates wrote: **Offers are for a limited time and may not be valid for all members. After promotional period, subscription continues to be charged at the then-current regular price (subject to change), unless cancelled. Plus applicable taxes. Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Live Gold or Game Pass membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months total.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
You turned off recurring billing for your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription
Your subscription will end on 9/23/2023, but you can subscribe again at any time.

Did I mention you rock!
Sep 22, 2010
292 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal
I don't actually own a Xbox, but have pre-ordered the XsX. Can I currently do this trick without console?
Nov 24, 2013
115 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
How are you getting your order through Costco cancelled my order 4 times already
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5213 upvotes
Toronto
MugenX wrote: I don't actually own a Xbox, but have pre-ordered the XsX. Can I currently do this trick without console?
Can someone let us know??
Called the bottom.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13166 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
MugenX wrote: I don't actually own a Xbox, but have pre-ordered the XsX. Can I currently do this trick without console?
CondoMan98 wrote: Can someone let us know??
Yeah, I don't have an Xbox at all and I did it all this afternoon. You just enter in all this stuff on their website (see original post).
Jul 30, 2009
413 posts
759 upvotes
b5358418 wrote: Thanks OP. Got it until August 2023! Got an extra 12 month xbox live code if anyone wants at cost from costco.
Same, cost was 51.59 from online reseller! PM if you want it at cost. It works, I just didn't realize there was a 36 month limit... aiya
"Wow, this thread is like a pen full of donkeys and then I went to that link and it was like going into a stripper room with no strippers." Acid_
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone figured out why Costco cancels some orders but others go through? I bought one code last week without an issue. Code received within 30 minutes. I tried buying a second card yesterday. It was canceled. I have since emailed Costco.
May 14, 2020
2 posts
I have previously redeemed the $1 incentive. When proceeding the first months cost is at full price. Is there any way to get back to the $1? Make a new Microsoft account? Thanks
Jul 21, 2008
599 posts
330 upvotes
Where are you guys buying the 12 months and 6 month codes from? I don't have a costco membership so I can't see the price for it.