• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 9:48 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 25, 2013
234 posts
878 upvotes
London, ON
Have some extra codes from bonus 3 month event, pm if interested.
Sorry for any confusion,its not giveaway.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1117 posts
686 upvotes
London, ON
Wiseman wrote: Can you opt out of ultimate and go back to regular gold?
Why do you want to do so? (Not being snarky. Genuine question.)
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17946 posts
5909 upvotes
Toronto
Can't get Forza Horizon 4 working. Keeps crashing as soon as I start it. Tried everything.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18139 posts
7998 upvotes
Oakville
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: Why do you want to do so? (Not being snarky. Genuine question.)
Probably to extend the regular gold to the maximum amount before going back to ultimate.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Dec 28, 2019
2 posts
3 upvotes
@AnonymousBroccoli
Thank you very much for your reply.
I ordered the xbox online on boxing day and i am still waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully i'll have it sometime this week and then i'll buy the membership cards online since i don't need to be a costco member.
I got the version with Forza Horizon 3 which is the game i wanted and i don't really care for the other two so i might try to sell them like you suggested.

Once more, thank you.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4585 posts
1101 upvotes
Wat
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: Why do you want to do so? (Not being snarky. Genuine question.)
Well when my Game Pass Ultimate subscription expires, I'd rather go back to regular live instead of paying $16.99/month or whatever the conversion chart dictates.
I wouldn't do it now, but in the last month.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1117 posts
686 upvotes
London, ON
Wiseman wrote: Well when my Game Pass Ultimate subscription expires, I'd rather go back to regular live instead of paying $16.99/month or whatever the conversion chart dictates.
I wouldn't do it now, but in the last month.
After your Ultimate subscription expires, you should once again have the option to choose whichever Xbox subscriptions you want.

You can disable auto-renew/recurring billing now, so you don't have to remember in the last month. It'll just expire. When that happens, you'll probably be notified by e-mail—whether before as a reminder, or after as a cancellation notice.

https://account.microsoft.com/services/
May 3, 2016
570 posts
326 upvotes
Cant figure out how to unsub on this thread lol
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2182 posts
1682 upvotes
Markham
saad29 wrote: Cant figure out how to unsub on this thread lol
Easiest way is to go to your Username on the upper right corner of the page, single click to get the drop down. Click on Subscriptions, find the thread or threads and check the box to the right.

There is a drop down on the lower right. You can then select Unwatch Selected then click apply.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2061 posts
969 upvotes
Montreal
I got in on the Costco deal last week for 3 x 3 month XBL (+3 bonus months) @ 17.49. I just redeemed the codes and converted to GPU. Worked out better than I expected...

My current XBL sub was due to expire in Feb 1 2020.

Redeemed the 18 months from Costco deal + 3 months for turning recurring payments off/on. 21 months total.

Tried the 1 month PC Game Pass beta for $1 but no-go as I'm in Quebec. Price for me was $5.99 so I skipped it.

To my surprise, I had no problem getting the 3 month GPU for $1. I expected this to be priced at $16.99 being that this promo is generally not available to Quebec. 24 month total now.

Finally, I had a 14-day GPU code from McD Monopoly. This was my back up plan if the 3 month GPU sub was only available to me at $16.99 ... The 14-day GPU code could have converted my XBL sub. A final surprise was redeeming this code triggered another 1 month free for turning on recurring payments. More than made up for missing out on the PC Game Pass month at $1. Final tally at 25.5 months of GPU.

Extended to March 17 2022 now. That's $53.47 before tax for 25.5 months of GPU. Or $2.10 per month. Not too shabby! Also was able to use the $20 off $100+ promo on the Costco purchase but I won't factor that in as I bought another item to reach the threshold and not many people would have been able to get it to apply to the XBL codes.
Aug 13, 2009
143 posts
29 upvotes
So I have 23 months of live left and wanna convert what's left to ultimate. If I do the 3 months for $1 offer on my Xbox one will it upgrade all 23 months. Sorry I'm struggling with how to do this on the console.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18139 posts
7998 upvotes
Oakville
camby wrote: So I have 23 months of live left and wanna convert what's left to ultimate. If I do the 3 months for $1 offer on my Xbox one will it upgrade all 23 months. Sorry I'm struggling with how to do this on the console.
Yes, it will.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18139 posts
7998 upvotes
Oakville
camby wrote: Thanks for the answer. I will do that then.
Just note that if you want to extend to the maximum available, you should do it before upgrading.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

georgep, Jubsworth