• Oct 25th, 2020 1:04 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1595 posts
1386 upvotes
Toronto
Worked like a charm... Thanks OP mine doesn't expire till Feb 2023 now.
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Dec 22, 2001
820 posts
126 upvotes
Sorry for the spam guys - but I am confused by this offer.. I am already subscribed to GPU via the $1 promo.. Am I still able to this or will it not work? Or should I wait until my 3 months are up? Or.... am I screwed and is https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xb ... 65&irgwc=1 the best deal I can get now..

Thanks, guys
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1595 posts
1386 upvotes
Toronto
boojew wrote: Sorry for the spam guys - but I am confused by this offer.. I am already subscribed to GPU via the $1 promo.. Am I still able to this or will it not work? Or should I wait until my 3 months are up? Or.... am I screwed and is https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xb ... 65&irgwc=1 the best deal I can get now..

Thanks, guys
You got to wait till it expires in order to try and take advantage of this.
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Dec 22, 2001
820 posts
126 upvotes
SwaunyJones wrote: You got to wait till it expires in order to try and take advantage of this.
ah thank you... and is this the normal Costco price for 12 months of XBL? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2875 posts
1040 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SwaunyJones wrote: You got to wait till it expires in order to try and take advantage of this.
Why do you need to wait for the current subscription to expire? I also bought the 3-month ultimate for $24.99. I already subscribed to the ultimate promo $1, and mine will expire on July 2,2020. Wouldn't be it will just add 3 months from July 2nd if I redeem it now and expires on Oct 2nd?

Thanks
Dec 28, 2006
845 posts
335 upvotes
Sort of unrelated to GPU deal specifically, but Rockstar Games just surprise released GTA V for the subscription service. Great treat for anyone who has never played, especially this game that took years to drop in price.
Oct 25, 2013
234 posts
878 upvotes
London, ON
boldventure wrote: Why do you need to wait for the current subscription to expire? I also bought the 3-month ultimate for $24.99. I already subscribed to the ultimate promo $1, and mine will expire on July 2,2020. Wouldn't be it will just add 3 months from July 2nd if I redeem it now and expires on Oct 2nd?

Thanks
Yes, since you bought 3-month ultimate, your membership will extend to Oct 2nd. They were talking about after their current ultimate expires, they can buy live gold member again and transfer to ultimate which will cost less. But the question is no one know whether the 1:1 transfer will be still hold in the future.
Feb 1, 2009
352 posts
65 upvotes
Did anyone buy from costco a 3 month Xbox live Ultimate code and get a bonus one for free? My bonus code isnt working at all and gives me an error.
" Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page."

Does not work on the console, desktop or phone.
Jan 31, 2015
86 posts
56 upvotes
I just redeemed my costco xbl codes for ultimate and got 50 days for each 3 month code. no free month though.
Nov 28, 2010
541 posts
321 upvotes
Alright so rookie mistake here. I had just bought a Xbox this Christmas, I was in such a rush to play forza that I just clicked yes as fast as possible, hence upgrading 1 month of free gold to ultimate game pass.

I assume I can't take advantage of the 1:1 upgrade ratio anymore can I ?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1928 posts
444 upvotes
slitcher wrote: Alright so rookie mistake here. I had just bought a Xbox this Christmas, I was in such a rush to play forza that I just clicked yes as fast as possible, hence upgrading 1 month of free gold to ultimate game pass.

I assume I can't take advantage of the 1:1 upgrade ratio anymore can I ?
Not until you let it expire first.
Nov 28, 2010
541 posts
321 upvotes
Raimond wrote: Not until you let it expire first.
Redeeming your Prepaid Xbox Live Gold 12-Month code will automatically convert to 4 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3780 posts
1646 upvotes
Raimond wrote: Not until you let it expire first.
For clarity, are there two scenarios?
1. Active Gold account, add game pass ultimate for $1 and your remaining subscription to Gold will convert to ultimate 1:1.
2. You have game pass ultimate active already: Every subsequent addition of xbox live Gold to the account will convert 3 months of Gold:1 month of ultimate.

I'm new to the whole eco system and contemplate game pass ultimate. My only hesitation is the crazy backlog of games on other platforms.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1023 posts
148 upvotes
I've never used Game Pass ultimate before. For the games you download, can you still play them after it expires?
Oct 25, 2013
234 posts
878 upvotes
London, ON
wanton007 wrote: I've never used Game Pass ultimate before. For the games you download, can you still play them after it expires?
No, you can think it as a rental service.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)