• Jan 25th, 2021 11:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19308 posts
8843 upvotes
Oakville
HockeyfanCanada wrote: Sorry to bug you, but I already have Game pass ultimate till Feb21, should I wait till it expires as mentioned or is there another way to get this? Thanks in advance.
These two questions from the FAQ in the thread summary should address your concerns. Only you can decide if it's worth it to cancel now and re-up for 3 years, or just doing an EA Play 1 year extension, or taking the gamble on waiting till expiry:
Q: I'm currently a Gamepass Ultimate subscriber till dd/mm/yyyy. Is there any way for me to extend my Ultimate subscription for cheap?
A: You can't use Live Gold codes to extend your Ultimate subscription at 1:1 if you're a current subscriber, unfortunately. They convert it at MSRP. So at the regular price of your 12 month code ($70), they'll give you $70/$16.99 = 4 months. The same conversion process works for 6 and 3 month codes, too. If the end of your subscription is in the near future (within a few months), you can just cancel it outright and start over. You lose your remaining months, but you can at least re-stack for 3 full years if that's your thing. If the end of your subscription is years in the future, your only real (cheap) option to extend is to go the EA Play conversion route. See this thread for more details: microsoft-ea-access-play-merge-game-pas ... h-2401871/

Q: When does this expire? Should I wait till I get my Xbox Series X/S before doing this?
A: Nobody knows when this will expire. XBox Live Gold is rumoured to be going away with the next gen, due to Halo 5 announcing free online play and Microsoft no longer offering 12 month Live Gold subscriptions on their website/consoles (but existing 12 month subscribers with auto-renew are still renewing for 12 months). In theory, if those rumours are true, then in theory we should be able to do this trick until the next gen consoles launch on Nov 10, 2020. If it's false and Live Gold isn't going anywhere, then there's no way to know when (or if) Microsoft will ever stop converting at 1:1.
Oct 3, 2020
4 posts
16 upvotes
I did this and now have GPU until October of 2023. Thanks OP for the well detailed, easy to read guide.
Apr 22, 2014
64 posts
104 upvotes
Richmond
SpacemanSpiff67 wrote: I did this and now have GPU until October of 2023. Thanks OP for the well detailed, easy to read guide.

I am going to do it
Thanks
May 28, 2009
8 posts
Vancouver
Okay, as a current GPU user, I'm totally confused on how to extend the pass. My pass ends in Apr 2021. I read it's converted at 3:1 as in one year of xbl will get me 4 months of gpu. But, when I talked to the Xbox Gamers, she said it will be converted at 1:1. Not sure if I believe her as most of the information here says 3:1. I see my options as..

1. Figuring out how to convert it at 1:1 with my existing pass.
2. Cancelling my current pass (giving up 6 months) and going through the steps on the first page. Is this even possible?
3. Signing up for a new account and getting the deal this way. Although, not sure how this affects future plans. I will be getting the XSX. And currently my son games with my account. If I get him an account and use that to get the deal, would I still be able to share his GPU?

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19308 posts
8843 upvotes
Oakville
vansleeper wrote: Okay, as a current GPU user, I'm totally confused on how to extend the pass. My pass ends in Apr 2021. I read it's converted at 3:1 as in one year of xbl will get me 4 months of gpu. But, when I talked to the Xbox Gamers, she said it will be converted at 1:1. Not sure if I believe her as most of the information here says 3:1. I see my options as..

2. Cancelling my current pass (giving up 6 months) and going through the steps on the first page. Is this even possible?
3. Signing up for a new account and getting the deal this way. Although, not sure how this affects future plans. I will be getting the XSX. And currently my son games with my account. If I get him an account and use that to get the deal, would I still be able to share his GPU?

Thanks!
I'm not sure who the "Xbox Gamers" you talked to were, but it sounds like there was some confusion in your conversation with them. The thread summary on page one of this thread has a comprehensive FAQ that answers at least your first two questions above... But I'll respond anyway:

1 - not possible
2 - possible (and IMO the least complicated option that guarantees you'll get the maximum months of Ultimate), you just need to contact microsoft support to cancel your existing Ultimate subscription, then you can do the trick all over again. You'll just be charged $16.99 in the final upgrade-to-ultimate step instead of $1
3 - If you sign up for a new account, and your son wants to keep playing under the old account and keep all the save games/achievements from that account, you'll have to start dealing with Microsoft's "sharing" functionality, which involves setting a console as a home console under one account, then playing under another account. It's not TOO complicated, but if you're already confused about the complication of the Ultimate extension options, that's probably a bit more complication than you really want to worry about right now.
Last edited by wearysky on Oct 5th, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 3, 2020
4 posts
16 upvotes
vansleeper wrote: Okay, as a current GPU user, I'm totally confused on how to extend the pass. My pass ends in Apr 2021. I read it's converted at 3:1 as in one year of xbl will get me 4 months of gpu. But, when I talked to the Xbox Gamers, she said it will be converted at 1:1. Not sure if I believe her as most of the information here says 3:1. I see my options as..

Thanks!
1. Xbox Live Gold gets converted 1:1, EA Play is 3:1 if you don't have a gamepass subscription. if you do it's the 3:1 ratio.
2. Yes, but you can't get the deal unless you cancel. I think the OP lays out basically every scenario possible.
3. This should work. Sign up a new account. Top your account up with as many years or months of Gamepass you want, up to a total of 3 years, in the form of Xbox Live Gold Membership. Upgrade to GPU. This is assuming that this deal is available to new Xbox Live members, which I can't really verify. But I've not heard otherwise, I'd just sign up and make sure the deal is available before buying the Xbox Live codes. You will be able to Gameshare and share GPU access as well.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11778 posts
2723 upvotes
Toronto
Can you guys help me here, please?

I was able to pre-order the Xbox Series X last time, and everyone was saying to do the 1:1 conversion thing to get 35 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

I never had an Xbox One or Xbox Live Gold membership before.

I am reading the thread instructions on the first page, but where are the links to get the cheapest 12 months and 6 months codes from?

I am not a Costco member, so does that mean that I cannot order it from Costco online? (anyone have Links to those deals on Cosco?)
Or can I?

Also, what is this Brazillian VPN Trick?...I have a VPN...so I need to connect to a Brazilian VPN Server...and then what?

What are the links to the cheapest CD Keys and reputable eBay sellers?

I never had a Microsoft Account...so will it ask me to setup one for the Xbox Live Gold when I enter the code? Or how does this work?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions...but I am not a seasoned Xbox owner and member to know how the pages and accounts function.

EDIT: Seems that the Brazilian 12 Months codes are $52...cheaper than the Costco $60 price mentioned in the thread. Are these Brazilian codes guaranteed for us to work? Do we have to login to our Microsoft account using the Brazilian VPN server EVERYTIME we need to access our Game Pass Ultimate account (after the upgrade) on our Xbox Series X/S? Or is this just a one time thing accessing the Microsoft Redeem page with the Brazilian VPN server to enter the codes...and then we can use our regular canadian IP address normally after that?
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Apr 22, 2014
64 posts
104 upvotes
Richmond
Just done!
In BC, Total paid: xbox gold(59.99+59.99+37.99)*1.07pst in BC=169.03 +pc game pass$1*1.12(GST+PST)+Xbox Game Pass Ultimate$1*1.12(GST+PST)
=$171.27
Monthly=$4.89 (Tax included!!!)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11778 posts
2723 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered 2 x 12 Month Brazilian Codes + 1 x 6 Months Brazilian Code in same order from CDKeys.com, but when I click on the Get Codes for each...it says "Under Review" on my Order Confirmation page.

I didn't even get the order confirmation email from CDKeys.com right away.

Is this normal? How long does it take to receive the Codes in the Email and the Email Confirmation of the Purchase?

Thanks
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11778 posts
2723 upvotes
Toronto
Once I get confirmation from CDKeys.com...so after I get all 3 brazilian membership codes ( 2 codes for the 12 months membership and 1 code for the 6 months membership), I will switch to a Brazilian VPN IP before logging into my Microsoft account...and input each code separately and add the free 1 month after each code is entered.

Then I will go to the PC Pass link and add that for $1 and do the same with the Game Pass Ultimate for $1? But do I need to be still on the Brazilian VPN IP to do that...or can I be back on my Canadian IP?

Here is another important question....if I activate all this and get this done today....that means that the 3 years are valid from TODAY OR will it be valid/active from the day I login from the Console (since I don't have the Xbox Series X console yet before another month).

I ask this because, wouldn't it be wasting a month with no use of the Game Pass Ultimate if it is active TODAY instead of at LAUNCH time?

Or is there a risk of this TRICK not working a month from now? So just better forfeit that LOST month?
Nov 26, 2013
737 posts
644 upvotes
Winnipeg
Scorpionsy wrote: Ordered 2 x 12 Month Brazilian Codes + 1 x 6 Months Brazilian Code in same order from CDKeys.com, but when I click on the Get Codes for each...it says "Under Review" on my Order Confirmation page.

I didn't even get the order confirmation email from CDKeys.com right away.

Is this normal? How long does it take to receive the Codes in the Email and the Email Confirmation of the Purchase?

Thanks
This is normal. Seems to happen most often to those that don't use their phone (mobile website) to order. It can take up to a day and there's really no way to expedite the process because someone has to check manually, so sit back and relax until then.
Dec 9, 2001
497 posts
232 upvotes
Vancouver
https://www.snackonwithxbox.ca/

So here we go. Last time I managed to extend my Game Pass Ultimate by half a year by buying tons of Rockstar Energy drink.
How you can extend with tons of Mr. Big and Wunderbar.

Does anyone know where I can by Mr. Big or Wunderbar in bulk with the contest codes in them?
If you can get your hands on enough chocolate bars at a decent price. It's better than buying EA Play.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11778 posts
2723 upvotes
Toronto
ReaperEXE wrote: This is normal. Seems to happen most often to those that don't use their phone (mobile website) to order. It can take up to a day and there's really no way to expedite the process because someone has to check manually, so sit back and relax until then.
Thanks...I guess I will have to hold doing the 1:1 trick until I can get my 3 Brazilian Codes (2 x 12 months and 1 x 6 months of Xbox Live Gold) from CDKeys.com
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1146 posts
96 upvotes
Quick question and maybe it's been answered before, I already did the op trick to get to 12 months of Xbox live to ultimate, but now that I'm 4 months in, can I just add another year of Xbox live and it will still convert it 1:1?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3567 posts
1697 upvotes
What's the best way to cancel an existing GPU subscription? Mine is ending in November but I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to stack a year or so of Gold now so I'll need to somehow cancel GPU. Sacrificing a month of GPU now to ensure a long term subscription is worth it to me. However, every time I try to do this, I get:

"We can’t cancel your subscription

You've already paid for your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. It will expire automatically on 11/9/2020."

I've tried getting funnelled out of the virtual support assistant to a human being but the system just keeps putting me in an endless loop. Apparently, there's also no phone support right now so wondering if anyone has actually managed to get around this issue.
Jul 13, 2013
903 posts
681 upvotes
superwell wrote: Quick question and maybe it's been answered before, I already did the op trick to get to 12 months of Xbox live to ultimate, but now that I'm 4 months in, can I just add another year of Xbox live and it will still convert it 1:1?
No, I believe adding anything while you still have an active subscription like EA Play or Xbox Live will then convert 3:1 (4 months added). This can only be repeated if your subscription lapses.
Nov 16, 2016
109 posts
92 upvotes
txenglan wrote: What's the best way to cancel an existing GPU subscription?
"We can’t cancel your subscription
You've already paid for your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. It will expire automatically on 11/9/2020."
I've tried getting funnelled out of the virtual support assistant to a human being but the system just keeps putting me in an endless loop. Apparently, there's also no phone support right now so wondering if anyone has actually managed to get around this issue.
Go to microsoft support here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/contactus/
Click contact us, when the virtual assistant pops up, type agent and press enter. Under select your product pick Xbox, under select your issue pick payments and purchases. One of the options will then be the live chat. Chat is busy and you will likely wait for an hour but the rep will get GPU cancelled for you, worked for me.

Good luck!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3567 posts
1697 upvotes
BravoCharlie wrote: Go to microsoft support here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/contactus/
Click contact us, when the virtual assistant pops up, type agent and press enter. Under select your product pick Xbox, under select your issue pick payments and purchases. One of the options will then be the live chat. Chat is busy and you will likely wait for an hour but the rep will get GPU cancelled for you, worked for me.

Good luck!

Thanks. I did try that but the agent I spoke to just gave me erroneous information that didn't solve the issue. It was all just the usual "go to this page, select manage, then cancel" - which isn't enough in my case. I think I'm going to have to take my chances and just allow the subscription to expire.
Nov 16, 2016
109 posts
92 upvotes
Weird my agent cancelled it right away. Maybe try for another agent?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

MrJfrsn, DenisS50300