• Jan 12th, 2021 8:53 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1295 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: The Live Gold auto-renewal will vanish, because you're no longer a live gold subscriber once you upgrade to Ultimate. People have said you don't have to manually turn it off every time, and it seems to still offer the free month, so I dunno.
I am still confused.
The step to migrate to Ultimate is step 4.
So all these redeeming is still for the Gold, wouldn't I need to turn it off everytime I accept the offer?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19271 posts
8823 upvotes
Oakville
springroll wrote: I am still confused.
The step to migrate to Ultimate is step 4.
So all these redeeming is still for the Gold, wouldn't I need to turn it off everytime I accept the offer?
No, you don't. According to several people in the thread, it offers you the extra month for turning on auto-renewal regardless of whether or not you already have auto-renewal turned on. The comment in the instructions about it going away is just referring to the fact that your gold subscription itself goes away once you do the Ultimate upgrade.
Jan 25, 2006
974 posts
265 upvotes
Nova Scotia
So I have read the thread summary and just need to confirm a few things before I cancel my current ultimate that expires in January. Purchase 2x12 month and a 1x6month card from costco (if possible) and then run through the steps in the thread summary. Cancelling my current live is only able to be done through the MS website chat with someone who has access to my account. Follow the instructions about auto renewal etc exactly and i should be good to go?

Just bought one 12 month card form Costco to start a few minutes ago.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19271 posts
8823 upvotes
Oakville
quicksilver7 wrote: So I have read the thread summary and just need to confirm a few things before I cancel my current ultimate that expires in January. Purchase 2x12 month and a 1x6month card from costco (if possible) and then run through the steps in the thread summary. Cancelling my current live is only able to be done through the MS website chat with someone who has access to my account. Follow the instructions about auto renewal etc exactly and i should be good to go?

Just bought one 12 month card form Costco to start a few minutes ago.
Yup, you've got it.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1295 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: No, you don't. According to several people in the thread, it offers you the extra month for turning on auto-renewal regardless of whether or not you already have auto-renewal turned on. The comment in the instructions about it going away is just referring to the fact that your gold subscription itself goes away once you do the Ultimate upgrade.
Everything worked out. No need to turn off anything as you stated.
Now I have game pass until 10/22/2013! All for the low low price of $160!
Thanks to the OP and the folks who helped out.

Now the question is...what will we do then?!?!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19271 posts
8823 upvotes
Oakville
springroll wrote: Everything worked out. No need to turn off anything as you stated.
Now I have game pass until 10/22/2013! All for the low low price of $160!
Thanks to the OP and the folks who helped out.

Now the question is...what will we do then?!?!
If Live Gold still exists then, chances are pretty good the conversion for existing balances will still be 1:1 (otherwise nobody will upgrade if they've got an existing balance, and constantly increasing their subscriber numbers is a HUGELY important metric for Microsoft, both from a marketing and from a reporting-to-shareholders perspective). If it doesn't, well, we'll just have to play it by ear. I imagine there will still be promos like the Pizza Pops/Pringles promos, and if not that then there's still the less-good-but-better-than-retail deals where you can get it for like $10 a month when the cards go on sale.
May 7, 2014
20 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
My Xbox s will delivery tomorrow and redeemed this deal today. Thanks
Jan 25, 2006
974 posts
265 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Good lord how do i even get a chat started to cancel my current subscription for live? I go to the store click contact then choose my issue and it tells me phone or chat is not available for this issue. I tried a bunch of other options and it sill wants me to use the virtual assistant. When I try that it never asks to put me through to a live person.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19271 posts
8823 upvotes
Oakville
quicksilver7 wrote: Good lord how do i even get a chat started to cancel my current subscription for live? I go to the store click contact then choose my issue and it tells me phone or chat is not available for this issue. I tried a bunch of other options and it sill wants me to use the virtual assistant. When I try that it never asks to put me through to a live person.
Might have been a time of day issue? Not sure what their chat support hours are. Also, make sure you have your ad blocker disabled on the Microsoft page, if memory serves that can screw things up too.
Jan 25, 2006
974 posts
265 upvotes
Nova Scotia
wearysky wrote: Might have been a time of day issue? Not sure what their chat support hours are. Also, make sure you have your ad blocker disabled on the Microsoft page, if memory serves that can screw things up too.
I was finally able to find a way. They don’t make it easy that’s for sure. All ultimate until 2023. Thanks very much for the help
May 22, 2007
249 posts
225 upvotes
quicksilver7 wrote: I was finally able to find a way. They don’t make it easy that’s for sure. All ultimate until 2023. Thanks very much for the help
Good to hear you figured it out.

And you're right, it's not easy to find a way to contact someone. It's ridiculous.
Jan 12, 2009
68 posts
23 upvotes
Does anyone have a link to the 12 month gold pass? I can't find it on costco's website. Thx
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19271 posts
8823 upvotes
Oakville
settons wrote: Does anyone have a link to the 12 month gold pass? I can't find it on costco's website. Thx
FYI, the product number is right there in the instructions on page 1 of the thread, searching for that brings it right up.
Jan 15, 2014
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Just curious, read through most of the thread but was wondering if I should even attempt this

I was given 2 free months of XBOX ultimate on the xbx x.
I can possibly cancel it entirely then purchase 2 years via Costco of gold. Then proceed to subscribe for the $1 upgrade? Do you turn off automatic billing after or before. Just hoping someone who’s been in my position can shed some light on this.

Thanks RFD
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19271 posts
8823 upvotes
Oakville
isaacjpeiris wrote: Just curious, read through most of the thread but was wondering if I should even attempt this

I was given 2 free months of XBOX ultimate on the xbx x.
I can possibly cancel it entirely then purchase 2 years via Costco of gold. Then proceed to subscribe for the $1 upgrade? Do you turn off automatic billing after or before. Just hoping someone who’s been in my position can shed some light on this.

Thanks RFD
Yes, you can do that. You may not get the $1 upgrade promo since you already had a subscription (even though it was free). You can wait and turn off automatic billing at the very end of the process.
Jan 15, 2014
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Thank you @wearysky

That really helps.
So just to confirm if I cancel my current subscription completely for the ultimate (only stopped reoccurring payment) I can add Gold for 1 + 1 years and potentially get the $1 upgrade? If I don’t get the offer I guess I’m stuck with the gold.
Dec 8, 2017
27 posts
20 upvotes
#1 Corrupt Province
Still working today.

Bought 3 x 12 months Brazil cards from CDKeys.com at 51.83 each including 2% discount for liking their FB page
Total: 156.64 including the 1.15 for migration
$4.35/ month until Nov 29 2023

Damn! What a deal!
Member since 2007. Hundreds of posts later, lost my password. Let's start over.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2064 posts
517 upvotes
MonsieurDealz wrote: Still working today.

Bought 3 x 12 months Brazil cards from CDKeys.com at 51.83 each including 2% discount for liking their FB page
Total: 156.64 including the 1.15 for migration
$4.35/ month until Nov 29 2023

Damn! What a deal!
Does it work for canadian account? Or did you use a VPN or something?
Jun 5, 2010
17 posts
2 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Is the thought that Microsoft is going to stop selling the 12-Month Xbox Gold Pass option, so this specific deal wouldn’t work after all the 12 month cards/codes are sold?

So you could still do the same thing, but need to use a 6 month pass, for example?

I wasn’t sure where Microsoft was going with their earlier comments about no longer selling 12 month passes, because I doubt Xbox Live will be free, but everyone isn’t going to jump on a game pass subscription.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)