• Dec 4th, 2020 1:10 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18985 posts
8604 upvotes
Oakville
CondoMan98 wrote: How long is it supposed to take to get the delivery of the Xbox Live Gold email with redemption code from Costco?
Anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple days. Make sure to check your spam folder though, codes often end up there (codes are fulfilled by "Codes2Go", not Costco)
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1646 posts
2543 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple days. Make sure to check your spam folder though, codes often end up there (codes are fulfilled by "Codes2Go", not Costco)
Thanks.

I will wait and see. :)
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
4766 posts
3191 upvotes
Toronto and London
I am uneasy using free VPNs as nothing is truly free (data mining etc) so Costco seems best bet.
Oct 5, 2014
538 posts
1010 upvotes
Ontario
I'm still waiting for a code from russellong on ebay too. So much for being fast Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1646 posts
2543 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: Thanks.

I will wait and see. :)
Received everything after an hour or so.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2849 posts
705 upvotes
Belle River
RiftOfChaos wrote: I am uneasy using free VPNs as nothing is truly free (data mining etc) so Costco seems best bet.
Wouldn't it still be cheaper to subscribe to some VPS temporarily?

Of course I understand going the Brazil way is still a bit of hassle and buying Canadian codes is the "guaranteed OK" method.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1646 posts
2543 upvotes
Toronto
Ok. I GOT MY GAME PASS!!!

So for $160, I am good until August 2023. Thank you!!!
Dec 7, 2007
269 posts
18 upvotes
Did this last night! It worked perfectly. Kids are super pumped to have gpu for 3 years
Jan 20, 2013
76 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased an extra 12 month xbox live gold pass for Japan. If anyone is interested, im willing to let it go for $40.

Edit: Just sold, sorry everyone.
Aug 3, 2019
353 posts
204 upvotes
hystavito wrote: Wouldn't it still be cheaper to subscribe to some VPS temporarily?

Of course I understand going the Brazil way is still a bit of hassle and buying Canadian codes is the "guaranteed OK" method.

There is really no hassle,open VPN app pick Brazil go to redeem.microsoft.com enter codes,close VPN. 20$ saved
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5340 posts
1636 upvotes
Toronto
I don't get this deal, it says 3 months for $1 in the title, yet there's nothing about that in the first post or
Thread summary... And the xbox page only mentions $1 for i assume 1 month?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2849 posts
705 upvotes
Belle River
crazyb0y wrote: There is really no hassle,open VPN app pick Brazil go to redeem.microsoft.com enter codes,close VPN. 20$ saved
Oh I agree I was just trying to say I can understand some might prefer to get it the Canadian way.

I do have one small story though, on my own account I never had any problems but when I did it again earlier this year to setup an account for a friend I did have some problems. I forget exactly what happened but I could not purchase the Game Pass Ultimate upgrade, so I contacted the live chat and they resolved it the same way I have seen others mention, the rep kinda does the purchase for you and it's done.
Jul 9, 2009
64 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
Did the VPN method this morning and worked like a charm. Thanks so much!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18985 posts
8604 upvotes
Oakville
fightbriz wrote: I don't get this deal, it says 3 months for $1 in the title, yet there's nothing about that in the first post or
Thread summary... And the xbox page only mentions $1 for i assume 1 month?
The 3 months for $1 was the original deal, but then folks discovered that upgrading to Ultimate converts all of your Live balance to Ultimate at 1:1, and that became the bigger deal (and then the 3 months for $1 expired, now the promo is only 1 month for $1).

Basically - you stock up the maximum of Live + PC Game Pass + Xbox game pass (36 months combined) and then pay for one month of Ultimate, and it all gets combined and converted to Ultimate.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5340 posts
1636 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: The 3 months for $1 was the original deal, but then folks discovered that upgrading to Ultimate converts all of your Live balance to Ultimate at 1:1, and that became the bigger deal (and then the 3 months for $1 expired, now the promo is only 1 month for $1).

Basically - you stock up the maximum of Live + PC Game Pass + Xbox game pass (36 months combined) and then pay for one month of Ultimate, and it all gets combined and converted to Ultimate.
Thank you. Does it still work as of now? I thought i read something about live being converted at a rate of 4:1 or something? Instead of 1:1

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)