[Microsoft Store] Upgrade XBox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate at 1:1

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 6:57 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 29, 2018
42 posts
15 upvotes
I tried ordering them from Costco online probably 8 times. Cancelled each time, yet they charged my cc each time. I'm sure it'll get credited back, but I was pretty surprised when I checked my app as the balance was like 1200 more than expected lol. Anyway, I'll go into a Costco tomorrow to buy the 2x12 and 6 month cards since they're closed today.
Apr 27, 2017
14 posts
6 upvotes
just signed up today so maybe worth mentioning the 94% off • 20 days left part, which I assume means the extra 2 free months are going away.

CAD $16.99/month
Original price was CAD $16.99, current price is CAD $1.00
CAD $1.00
94% off • 20 days left

Or... that is just when the pc gamepass I had started was expiring.
Oct 29, 2018
42 posts
15 upvotes
Was this thread ever helpful. Not only did it help me score an XSX, but I just got game pass ultimate until Feb 2024 for $170. Not bad at all. Had to go into Costco to get 2x12 because the website wouldn't work for me. Then they didn't have 6 month codes so had to get that from EBGames for the regular $45. Still not bad though. I have 23 games downloading right now, I'm ahead on price with the ones I actually wanted already lol.

Thanks OP and the guy who tipped me off to get the XSX. Gotta love RFD!
Nov 12, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP for all the info. Just scored 30 months of Ultimate for $122 (only bought 2x 12-months and not the 6 month). The current $1 for 3 month Ultimate promo is a cherry on top. Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4852 posts
257 upvotes
thx ... this is great. worked well ... I didn't get the 6 months as costco cancelled the order ...strange but i'm not going to complain.

kid wanted to buy the expansion packs for destiny 2 which was 57 bucks ... good I thought about this thread.

d2 expansion is included in gamepass ultimate so winner winner chicken dinner.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
May 25, 2006
456 posts
15 upvotes
St. John's
Thanks a million. I just noticed my Game Pass PC promotion had ended and I was paying $13.79 for the past few months and wanted to intervene.

I just did this upgrade with Costco online digital codes (12+12+6). My codes only took 1hr to arrive today.

I already had Game Pass PC and it was still easy to convert.. my end date for Game Pass Ultimate shows February 2024 so it seems I got 37 months? Maybe it's because I had just been charged for January's Game Pass PC.. (scratch that I see above now that I got the $1 for 3 month Ultimate promo quoted..)

Anyway, great job again OP.
Nov 7, 2014
152 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I currently have ultimate pass until Jan 2021, I just purchased another 12 month gold but now when I try to redeem it says it will covert to 4 months ultimate.
Did I do something wrong?
------
Oh bummer, nvm, just read the 1st summary.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19277 posts
8827 upvotes
Oakville
mclyin wrote: I currently have ultimate pass until Jan 2021, I just purchased another 12 month gold but now when I try to redeem it says it will covert to 4 months ultimate.
Did I do something wrong?
------
Oh bummer, nvm, just read the 1st summary.
The good news is, you an just wait till your current one expires soon enough and do it over again.
Nov 7, 2014
152 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
wearysky wrote: The good news is, you an just wait till your current one expires soon enough and do it over again.
That's good news. Now just need to remember I purchased this is going to be the problem.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19277 posts
8827 upvotes
Oakville
mclyin wrote: That's good news. Now just need to remember I purchased this is going to be the problem.
You said yours expires Jan 2021, that's a maximum of 20 days away. Lol.
Nov 7, 2014
152 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
wearysky wrote: You said yours expires Jan 2021, that's a maximum of 20 days away. Lol.
My bad, I made a mistake, my current subscription expires on Jan 2022.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19277 posts
8827 upvotes
Oakville
mclyin wrote: My bad, I made a mistake, my current subscription expires on Jan 2022.
Ahh, that makes more sense. Haha. Well, hopefully this trick is still around then.
May 6, 2020
2 posts
Thank you so much OP!

Was able to get Ultimate until Feb 2024!

edit: Done around noone today (Jan 17 2021)
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1821 posts
1264 upvotes
Can I have a friend who has a Costco membership buy the Xbox Live Gold Memberships for me? As in they buy it on their account with their email address. But I redeem the codes on another email address (my email address).

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19277 posts
8827 upvotes
Oakville
shayne85 wrote: Can I have a friend who has a Costco membership buy the Xbox Live Gold Memberships for me? As in they buy it on their account with their email address. But I redeem the codes on another email address (my email address).

Thanks!
Yes, you can redeem the codes on any Microsoft account.
Apr 30, 2015
121 posts
37 upvotes
Can I buy 12+12+6 cards in Costco store or online only?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

djemzine