• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 3:50 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 25, 2018
765 posts
451 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
wearysky wrote: Did you wait for the first ones to be delivered before doing the second 12 month order? If not, that's your problem.
Ahhhh. I'll try again once the first ones delivered. 37 min and counting and still no code. Fingers crossed.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19474 posts
8954 upvotes
Oakville
projector wrote: Ahhhh. I'll try again once the first ones delivered. 37 min and counting and still no code. Fingers crossed.
If they cancelled that third order, you may well end up getting banned from ordering for some period of time. The process is completely opaque though, so you'll never know for how long you're blocked from ordering.
Jun 7, 2008
70 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
I bought two years worth. Could've squeezed in another 6 months but meh. With the way gaming in general is going, I think I'll be done with it all by then.
Nov 28, 2013
448 posts
249 upvotes

Fitting score knowing the new price hikes. So much for being pro-consumer.
Jul 25, 2018
765 posts
451 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
wearysky wrote: If they cancelled that third order, you may well end up getting banned from ordering for some period of time. The process is completely opaque though, so you'll never know for how long you're blocked from ordering.
Cancelled all 3. I tried a single 12 month order. I'll wait and see if I get it before I order more. If it gets cancelled I guess I can try again tomorrow maybe.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19474 posts
8954 upvotes
Oakville
projector wrote: Cancelled all 3. I tried a single 12 month order. I'll wait and see if I get it before I order more. If it gets cancelled I guess I can try again tomorrow maybe.
Ahhh if they did the full cancel, you could be pooched for as long as a week.
Jul 25, 2018
765 posts
451 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
wearysky wrote: Ahhh if they did the full cancel, you could be pooched for as long as a week.
Looks that way. I tried a 4th order, it was cancelled for quantity reached. The first two just said like check your order information or something.
Aug 6, 2011
96 posts
34 upvotes
St Catharines
I still have 10 months of Game Pass.

I wonder if I buy a couple 12 month cards, will they still work later this year? Or even better. If I enter in a 12 month code will it give me 1:1 gold to game pass?
Apr 30, 2015
130 posts
37 upvotes
ozzi12 wrote: I still have 10 months of Game Pass.

I wonder if I buy a couple 12 month cards, will they still work later this year? Or even better. If I enter in a 12 month code will it give me 1:1 gold to game pass?
You can't use Live Gold to extend your Ultimate subscription at 1:1 rate if you're a current subscriber.
Feb 22, 2017
269 posts
156 upvotes
Holy crap I'm having a horrible time trying to get these with Costco. (need 2) but even orders for singles have failed.

I don't actually pay for Costco membership, but my sister does that's always worked for me in the past (literally the email account For "her" costco.ca account is my email, and the only things ordered from Costco.ca have ever been PS plus cards or Xbox live since 2012 because she shops in-store if ever)

it used to be without hiccups but the last sale December 2019 it took a few tries.

anyway knowing that it a few tries last time, this time I used the exact same previously successfull credit card information, billing and shipping as the successful ones from 2019 however this time they failed.
so I tried a couple more times with slight variations on address and they all failed.
( order confirmed for a few minutes and then canceled within the half hour sometimes within the minute)

over the last three days I've called nine times.
twice to the membership department ( to confirm address, spelling etc.)
the rest to the regular department, each time they give me excuses like the address, or attempting to use a prepaid card, spelling of the name etc. or saying thier is a quantity limit, even though since they haven't actually fulfilled an order i don't see why it would be taking away from a limit.

last night they had me verify the account because that wasn't fully done, and I confirmed all of the information again and did a pointless password reset as they requested, which involved some annoying three-way calls because once again this wasn't my account technically its my sister's

anyway everything's been verified, I have over 2K in pre-auths across four cards 2 real, 2 virtual (STACK) cards. ( hers and my cards)

the weird thing is is despite me doing the three way call/speakerphone facetime calls to get authorization they wouldn't put the orders through over the phone.

I'm gonna try that tomorrow morning, I'm actually going to my sisters for breakfast primarily so I can get this sorted and I think/hope having her in person will just help speed the BS along.

the last call I made, while on the phone with the agent I made the order and it canceled near immediately.
after an hour and 1/2 on the phone with them where apparently they were chatting to their support team who themselves were chatting to their support team ( not particularly relevant I was just amused by the fact that there support team has a support team but apparently no one actually does any work at Costco FFS Weary Face )

the best recommendation they came to, was for me to go in store.
despite the fact that my nearest store is 2 & 1/2 hours away in another province thus in breaking quarantine ( if I didn't want to break quarantine it would be 6-8 hours)

that being said because I was on the phone with them so long it was getting close to their closing time thus why I'm going to try tomorrow.( having worked in call centers before I know the pressure to get off the phones when your shift ends, so I'm hoping it's just a employee that ran out of F^%&'s to give and that and I'll be able to get it sorted somehow tomorrow)

now that I'm done venting I'm going to de-stress I don't want to burn what little pre-auth room I have left on any cards while I can't talk to support, so no sense trying more orders till support opens.

I'm just hoping Costco's price doesn't either increase overnight or they remove the listing.🤞

TLDR:
I'm having my doubts Costco's working all at this point,
if Costco is working it sure has issues, buyer beware
at this point I think it's just anger and sunk cost fallacy keeping me trying
Last edited by HiddenEmailer on Jan 23rd, 2021 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42086 posts
6646 upvotes
@wearysky I am about to go through the steps through Costco, but it seems that @HiddenEmailer is having issues. I wonder if I will have the same. I will be using one CC for the entire process. You recommended its best to do it in separate orders or something along those lines?
Proud to be an Indian.
269 posts
156 upvotes
djemzine wrote: @wearysky I am about to go through the steps through Costco, but it seems that @HiddenEmailer is having issues. I wonder if I will have the same. I will be using one CC for the entire process. You recommended its best to do it in separate orders or something along those lines?
my best recommendation is do seperate orders, of the few forums talking about this, buy a year at a time seems more likely to go through than multiple.
ive heard of more people having success with mastercard than visa (if thats a option)
also try to avoid prepaid cards wither of the traditional CC giftcard variety or your STACK, KOHO digital types, several costco employee's have told me they work unreliably on any costco.ca order but digital items have more security so while ive personally had prepaid cards work they cant guarantee they will even if all other info is correct.
Jul 25, 2018
765 posts
451 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
HiddenEmailer wrote: my best recommendation is do seperate orders, of the few forums talking about this, buy a year at a time seems more likely to go through than multiple.
ive heard of more people having success with mastercard than visa (if thats a option)
also try to avoid prepaid cards wither of the traditional CC giftcard variety or your STACK, KOHO digital types, several costco employee's have told me they work unreliably on any costco.ca order but digital items have more security so while ive personally had prepaid cards work they cant guarantee they will even if all other info is correct.
Buy a year at a time, and maybe wait and get the code before you order the next. Cause I ordered the 3 codes in 3 separate orders and they were all cancelled =/
Jul 25, 2018
765 posts
451 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Is it confirmed that the $1.00 extra months of GPU is ending on the 25th?
Apr 30, 2015
130 posts
37 upvotes
Friend of mine bought two 12 months at Costco Store and next day ordered 6 months online. Online order was cancelled in 1 minute. Seems like they checking accounts right now.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42086 posts
6646 upvotes
kleraj wrote: Friend of mine bought two 12 months at Costco Store and next day ordered 6 months online. Online order was cancelled in 1 minute. Seems like they checking accounts right now.
Meaning you can't place an order using the same Costco account? What if we have more than one Costco member in a household.
Proud to be an Indian.
469 posts
162 upvotes
ande8150 wrote: Right after I bought a couple 12 month codes from Costco to protect myself before the price increase. Gamble failed.
Me too. Glad I only bought 2. At least they're listening now and F2P like warzone doesn't need live anymore like ps
Apr 30, 2015
130 posts
37 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Meaning you can't place an order using the same Costco account? What if we have more than one Costco member in a household.
I have no idea, maybe they are monitoring accounts.