[Microsoft Store] Upgrade XBox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate at 1:1

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 3:50 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 16, 2010
297 posts
199 upvotes
I bought 2x one year codes on Thursday then 2 more in Friday. Both orders went through. Costco online.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19474 posts
8954 upvotes
Oakville
djemzine wrote: @wearysky I am about to go through the steps through Costco, but it seems that @HiddenEmailer is having issues. I wonder if I will have the same. I will be using one CC for the entire process. You recommended its best to do it in separate orders or something along those lines?
Per the thread summary: you should be able to order up to 2 codes in a single order. But WAIT FOR THE CODES TO ARRIVE before doing another order. Trying to split into multiple orders but not waiting for the codes to arrive defeats the purpose, as you'll still be violating the max quantity.
Jul 25, 2018
765 posts
451 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Turns out my issue with the coded may been something else entirely. Apparently I still had a non-delivery claim on my account which was blocking purchases. And now, naturally I've maxed out my limit for 30 days >.<
Gonna try making a Costco.ca account with my wives membership number and see if that works.
May 17, 2011
28 posts
4 upvotes
WOODSTOCK
Any ideas when the 1:1 conversion ratio will change? If I'm not an XBox Live member yet, is there somewhere I can go to confirm the conversion ratio before I buy the Costco cards?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19474 posts
8954 upvotes
Oakville
Daemon24 wrote: Any ideas when the 1:1 conversion ratio will change? If I'm not an XBox Live member yet, is there somewhere I can go to confirm the conversion ratio before I buy the Costco cards?
It's unlikely that it will ever change unless they get rid of Live Gold entirely. Which I can't see happening any time soon. But, from the faq in the thread summary on page one of this thread:
Q: Related to the previous question: HAS this expired? Does it still work?
A: If it's no longer working, this thread summary will absolutely be updated, and the thread will be moved to expired deals. But if you're really concerned because somebody hasn't posted in the last 15 minutes that it's still working, or whatever, you can feel free to read Microsoft's Game Pass Ultimate Faq. The question "What happens to my prepaid months of Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass when I sign up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?" should answer your question.
May 17, 2011
28 posts
4 upvotes
WOODSTOCK
wearysky wrote: It's unlikely that it will ever change unless they get rid of Live Gold entirely. Which I can't see happening any time soon. But, from the faq in the thread summary on page one of this thread:
Thanks, but the FAQ currently only says "at the current conversion ratio" with no reference to what the ratio is or where to check it, and a statement that "ratios are subject to change.".
Jul 25, 2018
765 posts
451 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Daemon24 wrote: Thanks, but the FAQ currently only says "at the current conversion ratio" with no reference to what the ratio is or where to check it, and a statement that "ratios are subject to change.".

This ratio?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19474 posts
8954 upvotes
Oakville
Daemon24 wrote: Thanks, but the FAQ currently only says "at the current conversion ratio" with no reference to what the ratio is or where to check it, and a statement that "ratios are subject to change.".
The "current conversion ratio" is 1:1. If it changes, there will absolutely be an announcement and the thread summary will be updated.
Jul 25, 2018
765 posts
451 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
In other news, I was able to get 2x 12 months from my wives new Costco.ca account. I was not able to order the 3rd 6 month though. So I had a buddy buy it for me.
Now I'm setup until 02/24/2024
Thanks all.
Dec 9, 2008
196 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
thanks. I got 36 months now. 12 + 12 + 6 and 3 recurring month. I can not join PC game pass for 1 $, which is showing 11.99 for me. But I abled to get 1 $ for ultimate 3 months.
Jul 16, 2008
337 posts
107 upvotes
ON
Got 2 x 12 months from Costco today but the third one 6 months got cancelled. Asked a friend to order and the order got cancelled three times.

Does the Codes2go have a limit each day ?
Mar 28, 2019
87 posts
151 upvotes
j3390659 wrote: Got 2 x 12 months from Costco today but the third one 6 months got cancelled. Asked a friend to order and the order got cancelled three times.

Does the Codes2go have a limit each day ?
Seems to be hit or miss, I tried all 3 at once got cancelled, tried 2x12 got them, then 1 x 6 and got it.

Thanks OP, upvoted.
Jul 16, 2008
337 posts
107 upvotes
ON
MrJfrsn wrote: Seems to be hit or miss, I tried all 3 at once got cancelled, tried 2x12 got them, then 1 x 6 and got it.

Thanks OP, upvoted.
Thanks. May try again tomorrow.

My first order this morning was 2 x 12 months and got the codes in 15 mins. The second order in the afternoon was 1 x 6 months and got cancelled in 1/2 hour.
Oct 27, 2009
24 posts
1 upvote
Waterloo
Do you only get the $1 game pass if you have not had a gamepass subscription previously?

My gamepass expired today and the link OP had provided shows $11.99 instead of $1 for me.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19474 posts
8954 upvotes
Oakville
stupidity wrote: Do you only get the $1 game pass if you have not had a gamepass subscription previously?

My gamepass expired today and the link OP had provided shows $11.99 instead of $1 for me.
Yes, generally speaking the $1 first month promos are only for new subscribers (or people that haven't subscribed for a long time).
Jul 16, 2008
337 posts
107 upvotes
ON
MrJfrsn wrote: Seems to be hit or miss, I tried all 3 at once got cancelled, tried 2x12 got them, then 1 x 6 and got it.

Thanks OP, upvoted.
Today Costco cancelled my order of 6 months with "quantity limits on item exceeded" reasoning.
Jul 16, 2008
337 posts
107 upvotes
ON
Besides Costco, where can I get a good deal on 6 months pass?
Nov 27, 2013
6 posts
Edmonton
Edit: Nevermind about this question -- I figured all the instructions were still valid and that the conversion ratio would be 1-to-1. I subscribed and it did indeed convert at 1-to-1! Thanks for the awesomely helpful thread! Next I'm adding the 2 Pizza Pops codes I got earlier!

Hi Folks, Can I ask a clarifying question? After entering in 24 months of Xbox Live Gold, I receive this message when I click "Join Now" at this page.

"Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass or EA Play membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at the current conversion ratio, up to 36 months (any time over 36 months will be lost). Note that all conversions are final, and the conversion ratio is subject to change."

I am wondering if the language of "current conversion ratio" tells me that I won't get the 1-to-1 ratio. Some background info: I have already done the Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate trick a couple of years ago, but my subscriptions have since lapsed.

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by Kailem on Jan 27th, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19474 posts
8954 upvotes
Oakville
j3390659 wrote: Besides Costco, where can I get a good deal on 6 months pass?
Costco is the only place that sells discounted codes. You could just buy one at regular price, it's only a $7 difference. That works out to a whopping 19 cents a month difference over the 3 years you're subscribing for.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)