• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2022 1:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2565 posts
1182 upvotes
dotCody wrote: Couldn't find a legit listing. Only a marketplace seller pretending to be Amazon
Wow surprised Amazon allows that very misleading seller name
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5602 posts
2270 upvotes
ephdub wrote: Confirmed working today - 19MAY2021.

3 years live - 149.03 cad.

I screwed up and was on MS US store. So paid $1 USD with tax to get GPU. $1.09. --> ~1.32 CAD.

Total $149.03 + $1.32 = $150.35 total.
I got a bonus 2 months totalling until July 2024.

$3.96 CAD per month. Not bad for GPU.

EA play subscription cards no longer work towards GPU.

https://gamerant.com/microsoft-closes-e ... criptions/
Since you bought 3 years live, will you not lose the bonus months? I was under the impression that we could only get a total of 36 months at any time, which is why people typically get 2 one year cards and 1 six month card...

If you were able to get until Jul '24 thats great!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20509 posts
9953 upvotes
Oakville
joshmxpx wrote: Since you bought 3 years live, will you not lose the bonus months? I was under the impression that we could only get a total of 36 months at any time, which is why people typically get 2 one year cards and 1 six month card...

If you were able to get until Jul '24 thats great!
I assume it was the "3 months of ultimate for $1" promo? That is the only thing that will extend you past 36 months, to the best of my knowledge. MS doesn't seem to be offering the bonus free month for autorenew with 12 month cards, any more.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20509 posts
9953 upvotes
Oakville
Andro wrote: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... criptions/

Looks like ea pass no longer converts to 4 month

Can someone confirm best cost effective method as of now? Currently have pass till August. Should I wait for it to expire and get Gold? Would that still convert 12 for 12 ?
Yup, now that they've closed that loophole, best to wait till it expires and just start over.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
3715 posts
4608 upvotes
Marauder2 wrote: I ordered the third from Amazon for $59.99+tax.
I didnt think online memberships were taxable. Costco doesnt charge tax for 12 month Gold Live yet Amazon does
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
10307 posts
2563 upvotes
Vancouver
KravenHead wrote: I didnt think online memberships were taxable. Costco doesnt charge tax for 12 month Gold Live yet Amazon does
No gst but maybe PST/HST depending on rules of individual provinces. Costco in BC charges 7% PST.

I suppose if you changed your address to Alberta you wouldn't get charged.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
3715 posts
4608 upvotes
1226 wrote: No gst but maybe PST/HST depending on rules of individual provinces. Costco in BC charges 7% PST.

Im in QC. No taxes applied by Costco, Walmart and BB yet this Amazon "seller" Amazon.com.ca inc does...
Considering the Amazon order comes up to 68$ safe bet is to just buy from either Walmart/BB for 69.99$ tax free
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20509 posts
9953 upvotes
Oakville
KravenHead wrote: I didnt think online memberships were taxable. Costco doesnt charge tax for 12 month Gold Live yet Amazon does
1226 wrote: No gst but maybe PST/HST depending on rules of individual provinces. Costco in BC charges 7% PST.

The $59.99 seller on Amazon is also a weird seller name: "Amazon.com.ca, Inc." - not sure if that's just a different seller that Amazon set up strictly to sell digital cards (as that seems to be all they sell) or if it's a scammer using Amazon's name. It looks like it was recently set up:

Either way, seems like they haven't set up their gift card products correctly, as I still get charged tax in my cart for the 12 month Gold card, and I shouldn't be in Ontario (no other retailer charges me tax on them). Agreed with the person above me - I'd rather just get one with no tax from Best Buy/Walmart for full price, if Costco isn't working, for now, until it's clarified if this is a legit Amazon seller or not.
Apr 6, 2011
8 posts
Saskatchewan
Just curious for those who have done this successfully in the last few days. Has there been a 'promo' on the ultimate game pass page? I pull up the link in the first post, and it shows $16.99. Does the 'promo' kick in once you go through the process of converting? I just purchased my 2x 12 month and 1x 6 month pass, so about to start the process when the codes arrive.

Thanks everyone!

**EDIT** I ordered 2x 12 month through costco and 1x 12 month through amazon, for 59.99 each. I successfully was able to convert everything over. Working as of May 24, 2021

The PC Pass cost me $13.41, and then was able to upgrade to ultimate for $1...and got 2 months free. My ultimate game pass now expires July 24, 2024.

Total cost: 179.97 (36 months of gold) + 14.42 (pc pass and ultimate) = $194.39
Nov 29, 2015
67 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
By following the methods from the OP, was the subscription for Xbox Game Pass for PC supposed to give you an additional month when making the transition to Ultimate? If so, I don't believe it worked for me.

Added 3x12 months of Gold, valid until 5/25/2024
Added 1x1 month of Game Pass PC
Added 1x1 (+2 free) months of Ultimate, valid until 7/24/2024

So it seems like I only recieved 36+2 months of Ultimate. Did I do something wrong?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20509 posts
9953 upvotes
Oakville
conceu wrote: By following the methods from the OP, was the subscription for Xbox Game Pass for PC supposed to give you an additional month when making the transition to Ultimate? If so, I don't believe it worked for me.

Added 3x12 months of Gold, valid until 5/25/2024
Added 1x1 month of Game Pass PC
Added 1x1 (+2 free) months of Ultimate, valid until 7/24/2024

So it seems like I only recieved 36+2 months of Ultimate. Did I do something wrong?
Nope. The max number of months of combined live gold + game pass that will be converted to ultimate is 36 months, so if you are buying 36 months of gold already, the Game Pass PC purchase is wasted, it just gets thrown out.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20509 posts
9953 upvotes
Oakville
ManCaveGamer wrote: nooo, did I just miss this deal? literally only saw this thread now
The base deal (convert live gold to ultimate at par) is still fine (and unlikely to go anywhere). You just can't extend your existing Ultimate subscription at half price using EA Play cards. It's fine, you just have to let your Ultimate expire and go the regular route instead (and it ends up being cheaper overall)
Aug 16, 2019
31 posts
4 upvotes
fyi, you can get the 12mo codes on amazon and the 6mo on bestbuy
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5143 posts
4558 upvotes
Toronto
My GPU sub is expiring next year and since the pizza pop promo is long gone, what's the best way to extend it for another three years?

Is it better to let it expire and just do this all over again?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20509 posts
9953 upvotes
Oakville
chadw01 wrote: My GPU sub is expiring next year and since the pizza pop promo is long gone, what's the best way to extend it for another three years?

Is it better to let it expire and just do this all over again?
Something else may pop up in the meantime, but yeah - nothing at the moment to extend for cheap.
Dec 3, 2012
34 posts
4 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Heads up - I’m an expired GPU subscriber (used the $1 deal in the past but have now run out) and I noticed the 3 month GPU for $1 deal on my dashboard today.

Clicked it, and it asked to confirm my purchase for 3 months of GPU for $1 despite using the deal previously. Didn’t accept it yet because I need to load up on Live first. Keep in note I noticed this deal before on my dashboard, and when I clicked it, it showed the original 1 month price (11.99 I think)

But just wanted to let you all know that this deal may be coming back for previously expired subscribers

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)