• Dec 2nd, 2020 3:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11710 posts
2679 upvotes
Toronto
pureelite1 wrote: Does anyone know when the EA Access conversion will be happening? Trying to maximize the GPU conversion. I'm assuming the safe bet is to activate and stack EA Access before Oct 31? - Cheapest option right now for CURRENT GPU subscribers
movietrailer wrote: My GPU expired today. Bought a few of the Best Buy gold cards. Should I wait a couple days before starting the steps, or go ahead ASAP?
Same here, guys.

Been waiting a bit to buy time. I have my codes ready since almost 2 weeks ago...I will activate them and do the conversion to PC pass and GPU before end of the month...just to be safe.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18967 posts
8585 upvotes
Oakville
pureelite1 wrote: Does anyone know when the EA Access conversion will be happening? Trying to maximize the GPU conversion. I'm assuming the safe bet is to activate and stack EA Access before Oct 31? - Cheapest option right now for CURRENT GPU subscribers
Nov 10. But they're gonna round up any way, so it doesn't really matter if you do it now or Nov 9.
movietrailer wrote: My GPU expired today. Bought a few of the Best Buy gold cards. Should I wait a couple days before starting the steps, or go ahead ASAP?
I mean, if you're not going to use it for a couple days, you'll add a few extra days to the end of your sub... But if you want to use it now, there's no particular reason to wait.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Aug 25, 2004
146 posts
19 upvotes
I bought two 12-month codes from Costco with a Visa, no problem. Received codes within 15 mins.

Then tried to buy one 6-month code with the same Visa, but that was cancelled within 20 mins.

Subsequently tried to buy 6-month code again, but this time using Costco Mastercard, and it was processed successfully. Received code within 15 mins.
Dec 22, 2007
782 posts
425 upvotes
I don't play to upgrade my XBOX ONE yet... I'm tempted to get this deal but will they still produce XBOX ONE title for a while or any upcoming titles are going to be for the new platform ?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18967 posts
8585 upvotes
Oakville
SpykeYs wrote: I don't play to upgrade my XBOX ONE yet... I'm tempted to get this deal but will they still produce XBOX ONE title for a while or any upcoming titles are going to be for the new platform ?
Microsoft has said that their plan is to continue to make games for XBox One and Series S/X for at least a year or two, to give people time to upgrade. I'm sure the big third party devs will probably be the same, because it's throwing money away to not release on Xbox One when there's still millions upon millions of them out there that haven't been upgraded yet. "The Medium" is the only game I've seen so far that will only be coming to next gen, but I also haven't been looking that closely either because I *am* upgrading so I don't care that much :P
Sep 3, 2007
137 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Op! What a great deal. I purchased 2x 12 months from BestBuy (delivered within 3 houts) at the sale price, and picked up 1x 6 month at Costco (delivered within 1 hour). Followed the steps to i've got ultimate for 35 months! YAY! Now to find an Xbox Series S/X. :)
Dec 22, 2012
438 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
i'm hoping i didnt mess this up.... so my Ultimate expired. i got two 12 month gold cards and applied them so i now have gold until Dec/2022.

Do i have to do anything else? will this convert as is to 1:1? i read yes but i want to be sure if i'm good. i'm sure this has been asked before and sorry in advanced. but i'm confused whether or not i have to convert this to ultimate for it to be 1:1
Dec 24, 2010
461 posts
207 upvotes
Does this still work? I pre-ordered a series S but I don't have an xbox console yet. Could I still do this on the website without a console?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18967 posts
8585 upvotes
Oakville
xhalo21 wrote: i'm hoping i didnt mess this up.... so my Ultimate expired. i got two 12 month gold cards and applied them so i now have gold until Dec/2022.

Do i have to do anything else? will this convert as is to 1:1? i read yes but i want to be sure if i'm good. i'm sure this has been asked before and sorry in advanced. but i'm confused whether or not i have to convert this to ultimate for it to be 1:1
How will you get ultimate if you don't convert it to ultimate? Lol.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11710 posts
2679 upvotes
Toronto
azndnangel wrote: Does this still work? I pre-ordered a series S but I don't have an xbox console yet. Could I still do this on the website without a console?
Yes it still works...and you can do this on the website without a console.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18967 posts
8585 upvotes
Oakville
azndnangel wrote: Does this still work? I pre-ordered a series S but I don't have an xbox console yet. Could I still do this on the website without a console?
The thread summary (on page one of the thread) has an extensive FAQ.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18967 posts
8585 upvotes
Oakville
xhalo21 wrote: Sorry what I meant was whether or not I have to convert it or can I keep gold and get 1:1

Edit: never mind i did a search and confirmed i need to convert to ultimate. https://www.pcworld.com/article/3404524 ... e-tip.html
I think maybe you just misunderstood what's going on here. Ultimate replaces Gold. So if you "kept" Gold, you wouldn't have Ultimate. The 1:1 conversion is what happens when you upgrade.
Dec 22, 2012
438 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
wearysky wrote: I think maybe you just misunderstood what's going on here. Ultimate replaces Gold. So if you "kept" Gold, you wouldn't have Ultimate. The 1:1 conversion is what happens when you upgrade.
yea i got that now, sorry way too many subscriptions these guys had gold/game pass/ultimate. converting to ultimate now. thanks for the responses
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18967 posts
8585 upvotes
Oakville
xhalo21 wrote: yea i got that now, sorry way too many subscriptions these guys had gold/game pass/ultimate. converting to ultimate now. thanks for the responses
Yeah, I think the fractured nature of the ecosystem is probably part of why Ultimate was created in the first place. You've got:

Live Gold: lets you play online with XBox (also provides some other benefits like discounted games and new free games every month)
XBox Game Pass: lets you play pretty much all first party xbox games, plus a selection of third party games that changes over time (as long as you're a subscriber)
PC Game Pass: same thing as XBox game pass, but on PC
Game Pass Ultimate: contains Live Gold, XBox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, and starting in November, the basic ($30/year) tier of EA Plus on XBox as well.

And yeah, the conversion is confusing as well, which is why the thread summary on page one of the thread was created to lay out the instructions as simply as possible, and provide a FAQ as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)