• Dec 4th, 2020 11:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19010 posts
8628 upvotes
Oakville
JenniferA12793 wrote: Walmart is limiting 1 purchase on the 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership. Can I make two separate transactions to obtain 2? Or can I buy 1-12month and 1-6month pass together at Costco?
You should be able to buy a 12 month and a 6 month together at CostCo. The reported cancellations that some folks mentioned in the thread were when they bought two 12 months and a 6 month together at costco, which supposedly violated the "limit of 2 passes" rule. The separate transactions at Walmart should work as well, as long as you wait till the first one arrives before ordering the second one? I would think, any way.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7474 posts
823 upvotes
If I buy a Xbox One EA Access 12 Month Subscription now and activate it on or after Nov 10, do I get the 3 moths of Ultimate conversion?
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19010 posts
8628 upvotes
Oakville
CFRTim wrote: If I buy a Xbox One EA Access 12 Month Subscription now and activate it on or after Nov 10, do I get the 3 moths of Ultimate conversion?
I'm not sure what's going to happen if you try to apply an EA access 12 month code after Nov 10, but my *guess* is that they will do what they do when you try to apply a 12 month live code when you're already an Ultimate subscriber - convert it at MSRP ratio. So $30/$16.99 = 1 month (maybe 2, if they round up, but no sure how they're going to handle it).
Oct 26, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
wearysky wrote: You should be able to buy a 12 month and a 6 month together at CostCo. The reported cancellations that some folks mentioned in the thread were when they bought two 12 months and a 6 month together at costco, which supposedly violated the "limit of 2 passes" rule. The separate transactions at Walmart should work as well, as long as you wait till the first one arrives before ordering the second one? I would think, any way.
Thank you! All required codes from Costco/Walmart just showed up in my Inbox! My son is receiving this as a gift for Christmas with a new Xbox Console. Is it best that I activate the subscription today to ensure I get the deal?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19010 posts
8628 upvotes
Oakville
JenniferA12793 wrote: Thank you! All required codes from Costco/Walmart just showed up in my Inbox! My son is receiving this as a gift for Christmas with a new Xbox Console. Is it best that I activate the subscription today to ensure I get the deal?
From the FAQ on page 1 of this thread:
Q: When does this expire? Should I wait till I get my Xbox Series X/S before doing this?
A: Nobody knows when this will expire. XBox Live Gold is rumoured to be going away with the next gen, due to Halo 5 announcing free online play and Microsoft no longer offering 12 month Live Gold subscriptions on their website/consoles (but existing 12 month subscribers with auto-renew are still renewing for 12 months). In theory, if those rumours are true, then in theory we should be able to do this trick until the next gen consoles launch on Nov 10, 2020. If it's false and Live Gold isn't going anywhere, then there's no way to know when (or if) Microsoft will ever stop converting at 1:1.
Apr 8, 2010
725 posts
151 upvotes
London
TrevorB74558 wrote: Does this deal still work?
Yes just did it. Thanks to all in this thread, in particular OP, for doing the hard work on this. Already a PC gamer but not a subscriber. Selling my PS4 slim and pre-ordered an XBox Series S. This 3 year deal is a no brainer.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19010 posts
8628 upvotes
Oakville
TrevorB74558 wrote: Does this deal still work?
To save us all a bit of time, I suggest you read the entire thread summary (including the FAQ section).
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11727 posts
2685 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: To save us all a bit of time, I suggest you read the entire thread summary (including the FAQ section).
I was going to use the Xbox Live Gold codes and do the 1:1 upgrade on Oct 31st.

But I remembered I will be busy tomorrow and the next day because of stuff I need to finish before the end of the month and Halloween...(Happy Halloween to you and all the RFDers), so I won't have access to my computer and the codes. I'll be offline for those next couple of days.

Do you think it will be OK to do it when I get back on Sunday (Nov. 1st)? Definitely will do it by then.

I hope the FAQ is correct and we do have until Nov 10th at least to do it.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19010 posts
8628 upvotes
Oakville
Scorpionsy wrote: I was going to use the Xbox Live Gold codes and do the 1:1 upgrade on Oct 31st.

But I remembered I will be busy tomorrow and the next day because of stuff I need to finish before the end of the month and Halloween...(Happy Halloween to you and all the RFDers), so I won't have access to my computer and the codes. I'll be offline for those next couple of days.

Do you think it will be OK to do it when I get back on Sunday (Nov. 1st)? Definitely will do it by then.

I hope the FAQ is correct and we do have until Nov 10th at least to do it.
You *should* be safe to do it on the 1st. Nothing is ever guaranteed in this world, but I would think if Microsoft was going to eliminate Live Gold entirely, or change the conversion ratio, they would probably announce it well ahead of time. Particularly the elimination of Live Gold and making all online play free - that would be a HUGE win for them, from a marketing perspective, so they'd be shouting it to the rafters to help boost demand for the Series consoles even more than it already is.

If I had to *guess*, I'd say that if they are indeed getting rid of Live Gold they'll probably do it when they release the new Halo... Since its free online play is part of what sparked all these rumours in the first place.
Nov 28, 2008
60 posts
1 upvote
Abbotsford
I’ve always used EA Access/play but never game pass. Will I need this now to continue access EA play?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19010 posts
8628 upvotes
Oakville
Icenuck wrote: I’ve always used EA Access/play but never game pass. Will I need this now to continue access EA play?
You'll be fine. They're just including it as another thing to entice people to sign up for Ultimate. The same way that you can still buy Live GOld, PC Game Pass, or Xbox game pass separately right now, you'll be able to buy EA Play separately too.
Nov 28, 2008
60 posts
1 upvote
Abbotsford
wearysky wrote: You'll be fine. They're just including it as another thing to entice people to sign up for Ultimate. The same way that you can still buy Live GOld, PC Game Pass, or Xbox game pass separately right now, you'll be able to buy EA Play separately too.
Okay great thank you! seems that for the same price as EA play, this deal would be the way to go.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19010 posts
8628 upvotes
Oakville
Icenuck wrote: Okay great thank you! seems that for the same price as EA play, this deal would be the way to go.
This is much more expensive than EA Play if you pay for EA Play yearly at $29.99, but yeah, if you're paying the $4.99 a month for a monthly EA Play sub for some reason, it's definitely way better to go this route.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)