• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2021 3:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1049 posts
403 upvotes
I signed up on a new account to max out my xbox live subscription and ultimate gamepass subscription. However, now after logging into the xbox beta app with my new account it doesnt see my new subscription. I can log in, but it doesnt see my subscription. Anyone know what i need to do?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19284 posts
8830 upvotes
Oakville
escalade wrote: I signed up on a new account to max out my xbox live subscription and ultimate gamepass subscription. However, now after logging into the xbox beta app with my new account it doesnt see my new subscription. I can log in, but it doesnt see my subscription. Anyone know what i need to do?
Some other people were having troubles with the beta app - some of them were able to download the xbox console companion app and login to that, then the beta xbox app started working.
Aug 16, 2017
9 posts
13 upvotes
escalade wrote: I signed up on a new account to max out my xbox live subscription and ultimate gamepass subscription. However, now after logging into the xbox beta app with my new account it doesnt see my new subscription. I can log in, but it doesnt see my subscription. Anyone know what i need to do?
You may need to make sure that your Microsoft store account is the one with the subscription. My app had my Xbox live account, but a separate store account (that did not have the subscription). I had to change my Microsoft store account in the Microsoft Store app before it would see my subscription and let me install games. To check, go to Settings in the Xbox Beta App, then Account to see if your Xbox account is different from your Microsoft store account.
Oct 17, 2016
33 posts
17 upvotes
It has been an hour, still waiting for live codes from costco

*Edit - it has been 2 days, still waiting, money has gone out of my cc
Last edited by JamesMasters on Jun 23rd, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2010
100 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
JamesMasters wrote: It has been an hour, still waiting for live codes from costco
My first one took 2 minutes, second came in more than 24 hours later.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1049 posts
403 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Some other people were having troubles with the beta app - some of them were able to download the xbox console companion app and login to that, then the beta xbox app started working.
LegoCrimson wrote: You may need to make sure that your Microsoft store account is the one with the subscription. My app had my Xbox live account, but a separate store account (that did not have the subscription). I had to change my Microsoft store account in the Microsoft Store app before it would see my subscription and let me install games. To check, go to Settings in the Xbox Beta App, then Account to see if your Xbox account is different from your Microsoft store account.
Ive tried both these. Still cant download certain games (metro, Prety, Vampyr)
Jul 23, 2009
967 posts
82 upvotes
Anyone who bought codes from Costco get an error message when redeeming?

“Contact the seller to get a code that works in your region. This code was purchased in a different region and cannot be redeemed.”

I have a Canadian account... WTF
Nov 21, 2015
55 posts
20 upvotes
Montreal, QC
All my orders from Costco keep getting cancelled. I've tried 2 different credit cards and masterpass...
Jul 1, 2006
685 posts
470 upvotes
FWIW, I followed the very well written instructions and everything worked out as it should. Xbox ultimate whizz bang covered until mid-2022.

Thank you OP!

PS: The codes2go codes from Costco.ca arrived within about 20 minutes of my placing the order this morning. YMMV.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3506 posts
3348 upvotes
Montreal
Yourteeth wrote: All my orders from Costco keep getting cancelled. I've tried 2 different credit cards and masterpass...
You could ask them the cancellation reason...

Probably the billing address isn't the same...

For example, if you live in Montreal and depend on how your address store on Costco. The English Montreal address name might not match the French Montréal address name and Costco system might cancel the order.
Dec 27, 2010
100 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
EvilMonkey25 wrote: Anyone who bought codes from Costco get an error message when redeeming?

“Contact the seller to get a code that works in your region. This code was purchased in a different region and cannot be redeemed.”

I have a Canadian account... WTF
https://account.xbox.com/en-ca/Settings ... rnav&rtc=1#

Try changing your Xbox 360 account region.
Jan 12, 2003
674 posts
267 upvotes
Ordered 2 codes from Costco around 11am .... still waiting :/ , and I was actually looking forward to playing online tonight as my live ran out mid May.
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Dec 28, 2011
101 posts
50 upvotes
Calgary
I gotta say thanks for posting this deal. For the whooping $2 I spent for 2 months of access to this service on PC I've solved gears 4, metro Exodus, and put some serious hours into Forza. Next up is Prey and maybe some We Happy Few.

This deal really is a no brainer.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2247 posts
1851 upvotes
Vancouver
Ninedoor wrote: I gotta say thanks for posting this deal. For the whooping $2 I spent for 2 months of access to this service on PC I've solved gears 4, metro Exodus, and put some serious hours into Forza. Next up is Prey and maybe some We Happy Few.

This deal really is a no brainer.
We Happy Few:

Jul 14, 2018
43 posts
153 upvotes
Jim Sterling is over the top negative about everything to get clicks.
Mar 24, 2017
27 posts
1 upvote
I am brand new to Xbox...just ordered one online today
What is the difference between just sticking with Gold and upgrading to this deal? I have no intention of playing the games on PC.
From what I understand, the list of games you can play is the same between gold and ultimate...ignoring the PC games.
With Gold, I believe it me mentioned some of the games are only available for a month unless you buy them? Is that the same with Ultimate?

Any input would be very much appreciated.
Jan 12, 2003
674 posts
267 upvotes
Rpdp18 wrote: I am brand new to Xbox...just ordered one online today
What is the difference between just sticking with Gold and upgrading to this deal? I have no intention of playing the games on PC.
From what I understand, the list of games you can play is the same between gold and ultimate...ignoring the PC games.
With Gold, I believe it me mentioned some of the games are only available for a month unless you buy them? Is that the same with Ultimate?

You get access to Gamepass for Xbox & Pc, regardless if you are going to game on the PC.

Look at the games under gamepass and think “is having access to all these games worth a dollar” then say yes and just do it .

It will only be a fail if they don’t leave new release in gamepass for a long time .
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Nov 9, 2017
70 posts
62 upvotes
Rpdp18 wrote: I am brand new to Xbox...just ordered one online today

Games with Gold gives you 2 things: ability to play online with others, and about 4 older games a month you can play forever as long as you still have a gold account active. (you need to "buy" these every month for "Free" for these to be playable)
Games Pass Console (a different subscription) gives you around 200 games that rotate in and out (think Netflix) that you can play as long as you have a subscription.
Games Pass PC gives you about 100 games on PC, same kind of thing.
Games Pass Ultimate gives you all 3 of these things for one discounted price.

Switching to Ultimate for $1 right now adds up all your Games with Gold and Games pass subs, which is a gigantic discount if you just get 3 years of Games with Gold (36 months is the max) and then switch. You basically get Games Pass for free if you were already going to sub to a gold subscription anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1049 posts
403 upvotes
Anyone have a solution to the below error message when trying to Download Exodus, Prey, Vampyr among others
Error code: 0x80070005

I have tried nearly everything i seen on google and keep getting this error message
Oct 28, 2012
792 posts
112 upvotes
EDMONTON
This deal is still on? I can follow first post to but 2 years worth of gold from Costco?