• Jan 25th, 2021 11:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1246 posts
67 upvotes
K-W
I am *still* getting the "Try That Again" error every time I attempt to sign up for GPU. Anyone know who the heck to contact about this?!?
Feb 21, 2008
284 posts
81 upvotes
Anybody know where to get best deal on 12 month Xbox live gold subscriptions for NON Costco members?

This is a members only Costco deal. I looked at CdKeys because I have used them in the past, but they seem expensive.
Oct 29, 2009
205 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Eniac360 wrote: Anybody know where to get best deal on 12 month Xbox live gold subscriptions for NON Costco members?

This is a members only Costco deal. I looked at CdKeys because I have used them in the past, but they seem expensive.
You can use the brazil xbl code with a vpn, it's $49 on cdkeys.
May 28, 2005
44 posts
11 upvotes
Worked for me.
Game Pass Ultimate until 2022.

Thanks OP!
Aug 17, 2015
77 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Worked for me as well, now downloading Doom! Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2530 posts
91 upvotes
Thanks for the nice breakdown! I was able to get exactly 3 years of XGPU by using a 1 month trial (+ 1 month for leaving auto renew on) of Xbox game pass for console as well that I had from when I bought my XB1.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3577 posts
3577 upvotes
Alberta
Eniac360 wrote: Anybody know where to get best deal on 12 month Xbox live gold subscriptions for NON Costco members?

Maybe you have a friend/family who is a member? That's what I did...
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19299 posts
8839 upvotes
Oakville
Lush78 wrote: Maybe you have a friend/family who is a member? That's what I did...
It's astounding to me that there are people that don't know *anybody* with a CostCo membership in this day and age. But I guess depending on where you live, it might not be convenient. Of course, there's lots of RFDers on here who would probably purchase codes for folks too.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3577 posts
3577 upvotes
Alberta
wearysky wrote: It's astounding to me that there are people that don't know *anybody* with a CostCo membership in this day and age. But I guess depending on where you live, it might not be convenient. Of course, there's lots of RFDers on here who would probably purchase codes for folks too.
Agreed. There seems to be plenty of kind souls here willing to sell their codes at cost. I'm 5hrs away from a Costco and I don't have a membership, so I asked a friend who does... I order plenty of stuff for him on my Prime account, so it was nice to call in the favor. He received the codes instantly.
Nov 27, 2003
957 posts
400 upvotes
Hooked up until June 2022. Goat Simulator here I come!
Dec 13, 2009
624 posts
231 upvotes
North Bay
Wish I didn't miss the part where I had to join the beta
BEFORE signing up for ultimate, but oh well. Thanks.
Aug 6, 2011
94 posts
33 upvotes
St Catharines
Does anyone know when this expires?

I'm planning a trip to costco, but won't be going until Wednesday.

If I can save $20 I will.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4166 posts
1256 upvotes
Vancouver
Watchdogz wrote: Does anyone know what happens when the subscription ends? It says you cant “downgrade” back to regular xbox live and/or Gamepass. So basically you’re going to always have to have GamePass Ultimate?! I don’t want to lose my 13 years of Live Service just because I dont want to keep GamePass Ultimate and pay $16.99... the $1 is worth it 1000%, but i’d like the satisfaction in knowing I can go back to regular Xbox Live when need be.

Does anyone know how it works?
greg898 wrote: I don't see why not it wouldn't let you go back to plain Gold. Just add a Gold subscription before the gamepass expires and it would revert back to Gold.
It won't let you add Gold while you have Ultimate and you can't downgrade to add Gold at the normal 1:1 ratio. I would assume the only way to downgrade would be to wait until GPU expires and then add a Gold-only sub.
Removed external link in signature.
Oct 30, 2014
173 posts
57 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Is it possible to claim the xbox one free games with gold if you don't actually own an xbox one? I'll probably hold off on buying a console until black friday but was hoping to grab the free games.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1120 posts
690 upvotes
London, ON
Rhaegalex wrote: Is it possible to claim the xbox one free games with gold if you don't actually own an xbox one? I'll probably hold off on buying a console until black friday but was hoping to grab the free games.
Yes. Sign in with your Microsoft account, and claim them on the website.

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/live/gold#gameswithgold

For Xbox 360 games, you'll need an active payment method (credit card, PayPal) on your account.
Mar 12, 2008
97 posts
21 upvotes
Lasalle
I just did this and claimed 35 months, but I got charged 16.99$ plus taxes...
Howcome?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2280 posts
3245 upvotes
Windsor
Flowster wrote: I just did this and claimed 35 months, but I got charged 16.99$ plus taxes...
Howcome?
Not valid in Quebec or Russia.
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: It's astounding to me that there are people that don't know *anybody* with a CostCo membership in this day and age. But I guess depending on where you live, it might not be convenient. Of course, there's lots of RFDers on here who would probably purchase codes for folks too.
Worth keeping in mind that almost all Costcos are located in suburban areas, so for people who live in an urban centre and rarely venture out bc they don't own a car probably it really doesn't make sense to get one.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

fivemonthslater